Molton Brown Bargains

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Molton Brown 4 Piece Hand Wash Collection with Gift Box £40.98 + post & 3 Easy Pays
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.243008

• 1 x Lemon & Mandarin Hand Wash (300ml)
  • 1 x Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Fine Liquid Handwash (300ml)
  • 1 x Refined White Mulberry Fine Liquid Handwash (300ml)
  • 1 x Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml)

RRP £20 Each Total RRP £80 + post

Clearly there must be something wrong with me, because the idea of spending £45 on a few bottles of liquid soap is just insane to me. I don't see where the value is, in terms of the difference that a 79p bottle of Carex is and the £11+ for this, apart from the fact that 'it smells nicer'.

Fair enough if people like it - it's a cheap price compared to what they usually charge. But it still feel like £11 for a handwash is a good example of the Kao Corporation taking the piss with price.

Clearly there must be something wrong with me, because the idea of spending £45 on a few bottles of liquid soap is just insane to me. I don't see where the value is, in terms of the difference that a 79p bottle of Carex is and the £11+ for this, apart from the fact that 'it smells nicer'.

Fair enough if people like it - it's a cheap price compared to what they usually charge. But it still feel like £11 for a handwash is a good example of the Kao Corporation taking the piss with price.
I know what you mean.But .. I buy MB for presents specially for the chaps in the family. Even now nearly 6 months after they were given they are sending me messages of wow and thank you. I find men hard to buy pressies for. If I buy a few kits I just box up a selection of items and I like to give a nice prezzie to people that have been lovely to me all year as a thank you.

Yes it’s expensive - there’s loads of cheaper stuff , but you could say that about most things couldn’t you - there’s always ‘economy’ and ‘luxury’ versions of everything - I could probably nip in a pound shop and get a bottle of perfume for a quid, or I could buy a bottle of Jo Malone for £75 - they both smell of ‘something’, they’re both perfume, but which is my favourite or which makes me feel good is a different thing altogether. If Molton Brown at £11 or even £22 a bottle makes you feel good or makes you smile and (most importantly) you can afford it, then why not, There’s worse things to spend your money on. 🤣
I like MB - I like to give it as gifts sometimes but mostly it’s for me - I like that little moment of mindfulness when I wash my hands a million times a day and I stop and breathe the scent and I like it. I also admit I like the look of it by my sink. 😊

I know what you mean.But .. I buy MB for presents specially for the chaps in the family. Even now nearly 6 months after they were given they are sending me messages of wow and thank you. I find men hard to buy pressies for. If I buy a few kits I just box up a selection of items and I like to give a nice prezzie to people that have been lovely to me all year as a thank you.
That's a good idea - presents for men. And £11 is a lot cheaper than a bottle of something spirit-wise. Thanks!

It is ridiculously expensive but I buy cheap all the time and MB is my little bit of "posh". I get it all to myself as well as Mr CC prefers a 50p bar of soap. Result!

CC

I totally agree, in fact I would never go into an actual shop and spend that kind of money on Handwash or Shower gel but it doesn't stop me buying them online though. :)
As others have said, I just really enjoy using MB. Is it worth the money? No, absolutely not but as CC says, it's just a little bit of luxury, and I reckon we all deserve that from time to time.

Latest posts

Back