Molton Brown TSV 04/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Funnily enough I’ve never bought any MB, odd as I’m always tempted to buy other ranges. Think it might be the boring bottles that make me think the contents will be boring too.
How does it compare to others, eg L’Occitane?
I go to the outlet village in Gretna quite often, MB have a outlet shop there but it’s one I’ve never so much as stepped foot inside

Funnily enough I’ve never bought any MB, odd as I’m always tempted to buy other ranges. Think it might be the boring bottles that make me think the contents will be boring too.

I can only speak for myself but, having tried the Korres and L’occitane bath gels as well as cheaper brands, I find that the scent from MB lasts a lot longer on my skin. I love the scent it leaves and my OH has also commented on it so it’s a winner for me. 👍 Their fragrances last well too.

I can only speak for myself but, having tried the Korres and L’occitane bath gels as well as cheaper brands, I find that the scent from MB lasts a lot longer on my skin. I love the scent it leaves and my OH has also commented on it so it’s a winner for me. 👍 Their fragrances last well too.
Totally agree, it scents the whole of the upstairs too.

I go to the outlet village in Gretna quite often, MB have a outlet shop there but it’s one I’ve never so much as stepped foot inside
I loved L'Occitane for years but its become a bit insipid not just in style but quality like a lot of brands...MB has reformulated and rebranded a lot of its stuff. They used to have horrible formulation of body lotion now they use far better ingredients. Their perfumes knock the socks off L'Occitane who have gone down the cheap synthetic watery root. MB EDP are a revelation deep and luscious so for now will stick to MB

Spot on Toril I have done a U turn on L'Occitane: its MB for me much better quality and more unique scents cost quite a bit more but as you say the bath stuff lasts on your skin , the perfumes are lovely!

I loved L'Occitane for years but its become a bit insipid not just in style but quality like a lot of brands...MB has reformulated and rebranded a lot of its stuff. They used to have horrible formulation of body lotion now they use far better ingredients. Their perfumes knock the socks off L'Occitane who have gone down the cheap synthetic watery root. MB EDP are a revelation deep and luscious so for now will stick to MB
Interesting! I shall be on the look out in the sales then. I used to buy Loccy EDT sprays and found they became very weak over the years. I don’t bother with them at all now, and the shower gels have become a bit same old same old. I did get the more expensive perfume ranges and they were a lot better, but your bog standard, say cherry, spray in the sales has no staying power.

I do love Loccy hand and body lotions and always found the MB ones poor in comparison, especially the hand lotion. So I tend to avoid sets with an MB body lotion. Maybe I should investigate..... oh no! The stash expands!!

Ok, so you’ve got me tempted. But how do I know which scents to buy amongst all the choice? Can you describe any of them?
if it’s any help, I don’t like heavy oriental scents. In perfumes I tend to go fo rich florals, preferably with a strong aldehyde leaning, more sparkling than deep. Chanel No5, Arpege, Ecusson, Dynamissante type.

Yes the warm one sold out really early and the floral later in the day. But both had gone by the evening shows.

I’ve just checked the site. The floral one is now in stock, priced £79. 😳 The warm option is sold out. QVC must have had a secret stash somewhere as it definitely sold out early and there were apparently/supposedly no advanced orders. Either that or people didn’t confirm their orders. I doubt they’re returns although you never know. 😉

I like No.5 and Arpege not saying their the same as suede Orris notes but similar and I like all three. Aperge and no.5 are aldehydic type scents suede Oriss has jasmine, rose and mandarin cedar wood base . some of these notes are in the classics you like. try a tester in the EDP and the EDT the EDP is very very nice rich and lasts

Ok, so you’ve got me tempted. But how do I know which scents to buy amongst all the choice? Can you describe any of them?
if it’s any help, I don’t like heavy oriental scents. In perfumes I tend to go fo rich florals, preferably with a strong aldehyde leaning, more sparkling than deep. Chanel No5, Arpege, Ecusson, Dynamissante type.
For goodness sake avoid the purple Ylang Ylang then! Overpowering and headache inducing, and I am pretty tolerant of perfumes. Black Pepper is pretty overpowering too I think.

Of ones I like (nearly all!) Templetree and Pink Pepper are very strong. I haven’t used my Russian Leather but I bet that is too. I also liked the Oudh for a change in style.

Some are quite zingy, like the Caju and Lime and the Rhubarb and Rose smells to me far more of rhubarb and I like it. However I think Jasmine and Sun Rose is a big disappointment, unless mine has been in the stash so long it has gone off. I find Gingerlily to be quite a heady floral so that may suit you? If I were you I would pick up one of the boxed selections in a sale/TSV and have a dabble. They did a boxed set TSV recently so don’t know if it is still in stock but they come out every Christmas.

It’s extremely popular in MB land though and is never off the website so it must sell. But I can’t stand it! Then again they always say how very popular Gingerlily is and I don’t get on with that either. Honestly, I think those boxed sets are the best bet for someone interested in finding out which ones they like. I don’t know what the MB shop on the DHS situation is now but before you could just try the different ones at the wash basins or have a sniff of the tester.

The John Lewis sale is also a good place to look for discounted gift sets.

Last edited:
It’s extremely popular in MB land though and is never off the website so it must sell. But I can’t stand it! Then again they always say how very popular Gingerlily is and I don’t get on with that either. Honestly, I think those boxed sets are the best bet for someone interested in finding out which ones they like. I don’t know what the MB shop on the DHS situation is now but before you could just try the different ones at the wash basins or have a sniff of the tester.

The John Lewis sale is also a good place to look for discounted gift sets.
somebody wrote in a review on QVC website that ylang yang smells of monks ...I may have to agree about that. I used to love it many years ago obviously been reformulated

Latest posts

Back