Molton Brown TSV 04/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some of my friends have asked if we could miss exchanging gifts this year. I had already got all my presents, I understand however, & as most of them have Birthdays in the first 6 months of the year, I’ll just keep them for Birthday gifts next year. Still hoping to see them for their crackers though!
Yes, they’d be disappointed not to get one of your wonderful crackers! Hope they treat you back in even a small way (I know you’re not giving them for that).

Yes, they’d be disappointed not to get one of your wonderful crackers! Hope they treat you back in even a small way (I know you’re not giving them for that).
They do, I had a big birthday recently & they turned up on my doorstep with flowers, balloons, gin & choc hamper & a monetary gift to treat myself, I didnt think I would see them, was so chuffed they had gone out of their way.
I initially thought I would give them their Christmas presents anyway, but I embarrass them enough as it is!

They do, I had a big birthday recently & they turned up on my doorstep with flowers, balloons, gin & choc hamper & a monetary gift to treat myself, I didnt think I would see them, was so chuffed they had gone out of their way.
I initially thought I would give them their Christmas presents anyway, but I embarrass them enough as it is!
Aw, that’s lovely. I must be a rubbish friend because my birthday came and went with only one gift :cry:

Aw, that’s lovely. I must be a rubbish friend because my birthday came and went with only one gift :cry:
I’m sure not, you’ll probably get backdated one‘s when this is all over. I still have another friends Christmas last year & February Birthday gift to give her.

Christmas is an unknown quantity for many people this year. Are we going to be in lockdown or not ? Are we going to be allowed to mingle with people from outside our own homes and are we going to be allowed to go away if we don`t want to spend Christmas at home ? So many unanswered questions for now.
Last year we all gathered at my oldest son`s house for Christmas Day, this year is supposed to be my turn to do the same and there was an article in the paper earlier this week that many elderly people in either care homes or shielding in their own homes haven`t been close to their loved ones for the whole lockdown and it could be the same for Christmas.
I was in the supermarket on Saturday and I noticed their shelves and freezers were already filled with Christmas foodstuffs but who as yet knows whether you`re feeding one, two or twelve ?
Of course I`ll still buy gifts for my sons , their partners and my grandchildren but it won`t be the same if you have to leave them on doorsteps and can`t have the pleasure of seeing them open their gifts or share a meal with them.

I’m sure that’s not the case at all!

Talking about presents, unless I get mobile soon people won’t be getting cards! I suppose the charities will send out catalogues still so I can order from them. The only presents people will get will be flowers you can order online.

I think my Christmas will be even more boring than usual. I have already decided not to do the Boxing Day sales which I usually enjoy as a little outing. At the moment I am eating convenience meals and as I can’t carry anything have to sit up by the kitchen worktop. I certainly won’t be cooking a full roast to eat like that! I am planning on getting a small trolley so I can get stuff to the dining table. I did have a vision of a day of puddings actually. Cherry pie, cheesecake, tiramisu.... yum.

Last edited:
I reckon this will be an option with the other more obviously feminine fragrances. Then again, with regards shower gels for myself I'm all sorted having nipped in and secured the Muddled Plum/Bizarre Brandy duo last week. I have to admit, I do often use these shower gels (and ones from Philosophy) as hand washes (especially after the shortages earlier in the year, but no-one is getting to share that plum/brandy. That's ALL for me! Just decadent and gorgeous!

dont forget there is usually a little 4 piece bonus tsv nearer christmas in dec but i think this TSV is amazing & if i didnt already have the fragrances at my bargain prices i would most certainly be buying & i know lots of people who will be buying as its a great set
You always think the TSVs are amazing. You must be the most positive person I (sort of) know! 😊👍

Serves you right llloyd the show off for being so bliddy organised...........(unlike me)

How lovely, you sound like a great friend. Can I be your friend too? Fwend!!!!

I'm sure you aren't. Some people don't buy gifts cos they think their intended has it all. That's a great position to be in.

Christmas is an unknown quantity for many people this year. Are we going to be in lockdown or not ? Are we going to be allowed to mingle with people from outside our own homes and are we going to be allowed to go away if we don`t want to spend Christmas at home ? So many unanswered questions for now.
Last year we all gathered at my oldest son`s house for Christmas Day, this year is supposed to be my turn to do the same and there was an article in the paper earlier this week that many elderly people in either care homes or shielding in their own homes haven`t been close to their loved ones for the whole lockdown and it could be the same for Christmas.
I was in the supermarket on Saturday and I noticed their shelves and freezers were already filled with Christmas foodstuffs but who as yet knows whether you`re feeding one, two or twelve ?
Of course I`ll still buy gifts for my sons , their partners and my grandchildren but it won`t be the same if you have to leave them on doorsteps and can`t have the pleasure of seeing them open their gifts or share a meal with them.

I agree, V, but I also fondly remember someone on here who had the misfortune to be related to people who visited for the day/maybe more. They Hogged her chair, charged their phone, wore earphones whilst watching TV (!!!!) ate all the food & did nothing to contribute to the hard work that is hosting Christmas.......Every cloud?

My birthday gets forgotten every year by everybody but my kids and hubby. It`s smack inbetween Christmas and the New Year (29th Dec) and my Mum said I spoiled her Christmas because of heartburn and her New Year was non existent because she was still laid up from the birth.
When I was a kid I envied my younger brother who had been born in May and he always got presents and parties. I used to be given gifts for Christmas but was frequently told "oh that`s for your birthday too " but as a child I never understood that people had maybe spent a pound or two more on my Christmas gift in lieu of my birthday. My Mum had 4 of us and money was always tight but she always made sure we got nice things for Christmas but by my birthday her purse was empty and she`d be desperate for my Dad`s next pay packet.
When I got married I always vowed if I ever had any children born around Christmas time then they would always have a totally separate celebration on their birthday. My youngest son was born on December 22nd , almost 4 weeks earlier than expected and I`ve always stuck to my vow and he had parties and gifts on his birthday just like his older brothers.
Of course nowadays I`m just happy to see another birthday and there`s nothing in the World I`m short of and I tell my kids NOT to buy me anything because they have mortgages and kids of their own but I must admit as a child I always felt left out.

You always think the TSVs are amazing. You must be the most positive person I (sort of) know! 😊👍

you got me spot on there i always look for the positive & that in things & i only post from what i know & get told ect & share my knowledge with as many as i can to help people make a proper informed choice

I also fondly remember someone on here who had the misfortune to be related to people who visited for the day/maybe more. They Hogged her chair, charged their phone, wore earphones whilst watching TV (!!!!) ate all the food & did nothing to contribute to the hard work that is hosting Christmas.......Every cloud?
Er I don't actually remember visiting that day, maybe I drunk all the wine too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🍷🍷

Actually I wouldn't dream of going to visit someone and be tapping my phone/ipad or wearing earphones. How rude!

CC

Latest posts

Back