Molton Brown TSV 10/12/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ive never had one i dont like i wanna try some more of the christmas ones like the junpier jazz, muddled plu & the new green one & the new other ones
I love Juniper Jazz and Fabled Juniper. Muddled Plum reminds me of mince pies at first - the lotion I tried left a lovely lingering smell on my hand, though. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the Jubilant Pine and Patchouli (new green one) and the Neon Amber is pretty non-descript to me.

I love Juniper Jazz and Fabled Juniper. Muddled Plum reminds me of mince pies at first - the lotion I tried left a lovely lingering smell on my hand, though. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the Jubilant Pine and Patchouli (new green one) and the Neon Amber is pretty non-descript to me.
Now, I'm going to disagree with you on this one Andi. I bought one of these on a BF deal last week

and I absolutely love the Neon Amber. To be fair I've only used it once but I really liked it.

I do agree about Juniper Jazz and Fabled Juniper though. I've got a full bottle of FJ handwash in stock that will be coming out at some point next week I think 😊

Oh dear. I do know the feeling. I have months (ok, days!) where I don’t buy any then spot a bargain and add to the stockpile.

I thought about you earlier as I saw those Man Cave shower gels you like in the Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals. Did you resist? Shall I be mean and tempt you? :devilish:

(sorry about the strange looking links)
Ermmm well, I might have three of those bottles still unopened in the stockpile if I'm being honest so I'm kind of glad that I didn't notice they were on offer again as I probably would have bought another set., you know what I'm like 😂

I love how MB pull out discontinued products that suddenly appear in QVC sets. ;)

And no, they do not make more, especially for QVC. They could well still be in the MB discount shops.

So, Festive Frankincense & Allspice Hand Wash, I bought this in the sale just after the Xmas it was released that was back in 2018 or even 2017? Anyway as I have said before I don't use liquid handwashes. So said to the SA can you use it in the bath? Yes, course, but if using as a shower gel be careful using on your sensitive bits.

So you can use the hand washes as bath or shower gels.

I love how MB pull out discontinued products that suddenly appear in QVC sets. ;)

And no, they do not make more, especially for QVC. They could well still be in the MB discount shops.

So, Festive Frankincense & Allspice Hand Wash, I bought this in the sale just after the Xmas it was released that was back in 2018 or even 2017? Anyway as I have said before I don't use liquid handwashes. So said to the SA can you use it in the bath? Yes, course, but if using as a shower gel be careful using on your sensitive bits.

So you can use the hand washes as bath or shower gels.
The BA said yesterday that there is very little difference with the formulas. I think its more a dosing thing. You get a teeny tiny drop from the hand wash pump which apparently has less soap/lather than the body wash.

Now, I'm going to disagree with you on this one Andi. I bought one of these on a BF deal last week

and I absolutely love the Neon Amber. To be fair I've only used it once but I really liked it.

I do agree about Juniper Jazz and Fabled Juniper though. I've got a full bottle of FJ handwash in stock that will be coming out at some point next week I think 😊
Well, I’m listening to you (probably a dangerous thing to do!) and am going to call in at my local department store to re-try the Neon Amber. I tested it on a visit when I also tested at least four others so maybe I became nose blind by the time I got to Neon Amber. I think we agree on many other MBs and you introduced me to Geranium Nefertum, for example, which I really like, so I should give NA a proper chance. Have you got the fragrance itself or just the cracker product?

I went a bit mad with Fabled Juniper in the sales earlier this year and now have a stock you would envy! I think the little green bows round the necks were calling me.

Of the 2 new ones, it was Neon Amber I liked, not the green one. However I ordered it as the perfume sample in my MB sale order and found that it just didn’t last on my skin, unlike the Geranium Nefertum which lasted half a day!

Of the 2 new ones, it was Neon Amber I liked, not the green one. However I ordered it as the perfume sample in my MB sale order and found that it just didn’t last on my skin, unlike the Geranium Nefertum which lasted half a day!
Interesting. My impression was it was a bit weak and I can’t really remember much about the notes, hence my “non-descript“ comment. I have found the same with others in the past, eg Milk Musk, so I was writing it off. I will try it again later, though. Geranium Nefertum is definitely one that lasts on me, too.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy Neon Amber as a shower gel, but if it were in a TSV it would be acceptable.

Well, I’m listening to you (probably a dangerous thing to do!) and am going to call in at my local department store to re-try the Neon Amber. I tested it on a visit when I also tested at least four others so maybe I became nose blind by the time I got to Neon Amber. I think we agree on many other MBs and you introduced me to Geranium Nefertum, for example, which I really like, so I should give NA a proper chance. Have you got the fragrance itself or just the cracker product?

I went a bit mad with Fabled Juniper in the sales earlier this year and now have a stock you would envy! I think the little green bows round the necks were calling me.
No, just the cracker Andi. It was only £16.00 and I thought it was a good chance to try NA as I hadn't actually heard of it to be honest. Plus the 50ml bottles are handy for a weekend away and I've got a couple coming up before Christmas so I decided to treat myself.
I wouldn't have if they'd only been the 30ml bottles but £4.00 for 50ml seemed reasonable enough. I think I probably will get the fragrance at some point though.

No, just the cracker Andi. It was only £16.00 and I thought it was a good chance to try NA as I hadn't actually heard of it to be honest. Plus the 50ml bottles are handy for a weekend away and I've got a couple coming up before Christmas so I decided to treat myself.
I wouldn't have if they'd only been the 30ml bottles but £4.00 for 50ml seemed reasonable enough. I think I probably will get the fragrance at some point though.
Speaking of smaller bottles, I agree the 50ml ones are useful on occasion. The 30ml ones are a step too far for me but I have bought selections when cheap in the past to sample them. Over the weekend, MB outlets seemed to have 25% off everything and I bought a set of 5 x 100ml products (two shower gels, a body lotion, shampoo and conditioner). Now they can be useful. Only £21.75 with the discount, too. OK, might as well admit I went back and bought two more boxes “for gifts” (probably). As I’ve often said, I have it bad!

I’ll join you at that meeting, amn.

I’ve got 10 x 300ml bottles, a 500ml bottle and 3 x 30ml bottles. I use one at a time and start the next one when that’s finished, so I’ve got enough in my stockpile to last a while. 😉 I won’t mention the 3 unopened L’occitane eco refills and the unopened bottle of L’Occitane that are next to them in the cupboard. 😳

Latest posts

Back