Molton Brown TSV 21/07/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It will be sold out by midnight or soon after by the sound of things. Over half the stock has gone already (think Ali K said over 2,500 sold). I wonder if they've got any decent OTOs waiting in the wings.

It will be sold out by midnight or soon after by the sound of things. Over half the stock has gone already (think Ali K said over 2,500 sold). I wonder if they've got any decent OTOs waiting in the wings.

It has now gone to advanced order

Goodness, I think Jemma has forgotten to put her skirt on.

I put the TV on just after midnight to see what the TSV was (and off again very quickly!), and I spotted that Jemma had on an unusual top as someone posted “a ruched up blouse”...

Wondered what she’d put on the bottom half with it and got quite the shock when the camera panned out to reveal a LOT of leg!! :oops:

Have defended her fashion choices in the past but must admit this was a bit too mini (for Qvc!)

Have slight hair and tan envy mind you!

I put the TV on just after midnight to see what the TSV was (and off again very quickly!), and I spotted that Jemma had on an unusual top as someone posted “a ruched up blouse”...

Wondered what she’d put on the bottom half with it and got quite the shock when the camera panned out to reveal a LOT of leg!! :oops:

Have defended her fashion choices in the past but must admit this was a bit too mini (for Qvc!)

Mini! mini! was rather concerned if those tiny little bottles were to go flying from off the sink and rolling on the floor :LOL:o_O:geek:

I tried it years ago hair looked like a birds nest but they have better formulation now so worth a try

Alison looks lovely in that dress beautiful colour love Jemma but she always tries dressing like a very young teenager but she's my fav guest presenter

shes got gorgeous hair

Weirdly MB started out as hairdressers back in the late 60s early 70s and they did lovely hair care back in the 80s when I tried it. But now the discontinue their hair care only to bring out a different version again and again and again. I see it in TKMaxx on and off each time they discontinue but never had the urge to buy it.

They discontinued make up and skincare too despite making what AY thought was the world's greatest nude lipstick. At Bentalls in Kingston they used to do free facials and they did a lovely hydrating face mask. I wasn't too keen on the clay one but the cream one was lovely.

Goodness, I think Jemma has forgotten to put her skirt on.
I really like her & her enthusiasm is lovely; I've seen her on things other than the Q & she's always the same. I know there's been discusstion on here about her choice of clothes, all I'll say is that they make me think of Marina from 'Last of the Summer Wine'.

Frasers in Glasgow had the full range of MB back in the early 00s. Their makeup was lovely you picked individual eyeshadows and or blush and got the rubber case free. It was really great quality too. They discontinued it then brought the makeup back I remember buying eyeshadows and eye pencils too. Then once more they discontinued the makeup again.

I remember the skincare too, they did a really lovely eye cream with I used until once again they discontinued the skincare.

Tell the truth I got the idea since MB was bought over by the Japanese company back in I think 2004? They have endless brought products back to discontinue over and over and over again. I lost faith in them I know they never damn well let customers know when a product is about to go which miffed me off. I loved the Sea Moss bath/shower and also the bath salts, then one day go into a store and they just disappeared.

Weirdly MB started out as hairdressers back in the late 60s early 70s and they did lovely hair care back in the 80s when I tried it. But now the discontinue their hair care only to bring out a different version again and again and again. I see it in TKMaxx on and off each time they discontinue but never had the urge to buy it.

I remembered only quite recently that I actually had my hair done a few times at Molton Brown in South Molton Street, just off Oxford Street, not long after I came to London. Would have been late 80s. It was dearer than your average high street hairdresser, yes, but not by lots (I wouldn’t have used the place if it had been extortionate, certainly not on my then salary). I wonder when it closed? I loved going there - I felt very grown up. I remember all the MB products in the window at street level (I think there was a separate shop?).

Another reminiscence: my boss part-owned a restaurant in the City where they had MB handwash in the loos, which were super-glam. The wash basins were copper and, funnily enough, Ali K mentioned going to a restaurant years ago where they had copper basins and MB products. Maybe there were several such places.

I really like her & her enthusiasm is lovely; I've seen her on things other than the Q & she's always the same. I know there's been discusstion on here about her choice of clothes, all I'll say is that they make me think of Marina from 'Last of the Summer Wine'.

Someone on this forum called her the 'Wafting Windmill' ......🤣
Really can't remember who though....

AndiK. Client of MB hairdressers! Woo hoo! It'll be Nicky Clark next.
Now I too remember a restaurant with that type of basin and MB. To see MB in those days was really quite a thing. Well still is I guess. And I deffo checked for it in the Buckingham Palace loos when we did a tour!

AndiK. Client of MB hairdressers! Woo hoo! It'll be Nicky Clark next.
Now I too remember a restaurant with that type of basin and MB. To see MB in those days was really quite a thing. Well still is I guess. And I deffo checked for it in the Buckingham Palace loos when we did a tour!

All right, don’t take the pi55! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, though, I can hardly believe it myself. I feel a bit of a fraud buying up the MB dupe hand washes in Aldi now! :LOL:

If we‘re place name-dropping, by the way, I’ve had a wee in 10 Downing Street!
🚽

All right, don’t take the pi55! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, though, I can hardly believe it myself. I feel a bit of a fraud buying up the MB dupe hand washes in Aldi now! :LOL:

If we‘re place name-dropping, by the way, I’ve had a wee in 10 Downing Street!
🚽
Was it to show your disgust of the tenant or a legitimate one?

Was it to show your disgust of the tenant or a legitimate one?

I was working for someone doing a charity challenge and he got invited to visit with a few of us in the team on day 2 of the walk. We’d been out for a few hours by then so call of nature.

My first recollection of MB was buying a set of Molton Browners from the salon which were sort of a commercial version of rag rollers and in all the magazines at the time. I was probably still at school and thought I was super trendy at the time although I can't remember actually using them. They may have had a clothes shop too.

Years later Nails Inc possibly had a nail salon opposite the original MB store, the smell nearly knocked you out as you went in.

I was working for someone doing a charity challenge and he got invited to visit with a few of us in the team on day 2 of the walk. We’d been out for a few hours by then so call of nature.

I bet you left a deliberate floater - or at least a bit of wee on the seat!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back