Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dame Fondacox

Registered Shopper
They've closed their Liverpool store after just three years. There was never anyone in there whenever I passed it and they'd be straight onto you as soon as you walked through the door. It's the same in their Manchester store so I don't know how much longer that one will last. Didn't they leave QVC because they felt it was cheapening the brand. I wonder if they'll have a change of heart now that they do their best sales in TK Maxx and outlet villages. :grin:

In that case their Nottingham store can't have that long to go; I've never seen anyone in there.

TBH, I'd rather go to John Lewis if there's none available in TK Maxx.

And they always have at least two staff on duty. I suppose someone has to cover comfort breaks.

Not too surprised some MB shops are closing. Before Christmas I went into the one in St Ann's Square M/C - there were no customers but about six members of staff, none looking too cheerful to be honest. I wanted to buy a small bottle of the Bath/Shower Gel as a little extra stocking filler but was told I couldn't because they were running a promotion of six bottles for a special price and they weren't allowed to sell a single one!!!!!!! I politely explained that I did not want to splash (excuse the pun!) out around £30 when, in fact, I only wanted one particular fragrance but they wouldn't budge so I walked out and they lost a sale, albeit a small one. If they had been more accommodating then I would have happily bought off them again in the future.

I used to like going into Heal's as they'd often give me a few sample size MB bottles for nowt :happy:

Mind you, I did flirt outrageously with the staff at the same time.

You lil devil Hooded Claw.

Like you I'm good at getting freebies. Especially as my local MB is run by tge brother of a business associate of mine. Must admit though that I usually stock up at Bicester Village when I get the chance.

they are releasing 3 high end fragrances launching exclusively in Harrods then moving into the stores.

I mean we have three , yes three Molton Browns in Belfast two stand alone stores and one in House of Fraser.

Not too surprised some MB shops are closing. Before Christmas I went into the one in St Ann's Square M/C - there were no customers but about six members of staff, none looking too cheerful to be honest. I wanted to buy a small bottle of the Bath/Shower Gel as a little extra stocking filler but was told I couldn't because they were running a promotion of six bottles for a special price and they weren't allowed to sell a single one!!!!!!! I politely explained that I did not want to splash (excuse the pun!) out around £30 when, in fact, I only wanted one particular fragrance but they wouldn't budge so I walked out and they lost a sale, albeit a small one. If they had been more accommodating then I would have happily bought off them again in the future.

That's ridiculous!
With that sort of attitude they don't deserve custom.

In that case their Nottingham store can't have that long to go; I've never seen anyone in there.

I live in Nottingham too, they call this deserted place an "Emporium" which always makes me giggle when I go past on my way to Waterstones and see it empty and the sales people looking bored.

same here Hoodie, the salesgirls just stand there looking bored out of their brains whenever I pass by...

I live in Nottingham too, they call this deserted place an "Emporium" which always makes me giggle when I go past on my way to Waterstones and see it empty and the sales people looking bored.

might have seen you in Waterstones then SS..you'll find me by the Crime Section!

same here Hoodie, the salesgirls just stand there looking bored out of their brains whenever I pass by...

Then again, perhaps they're just imagining themselves on some far flung exotic island after inhaling all the beautiful aromas.......well, that's what Jill always used to tell us each time she was the Guest Presenter!

Then again, perhaps they're just imagining themselves on some far flung exotic island after inhaling all the beautiful aromas.......well, that's what Jill always used to tell us each time she was the Guest Presenter!

Ha, ha..yes she did - mind you I did like Jill, but they do get a bit carried away sometimes with their descriptions! I never did take to that Blissful Templetree yet it was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread!

Never got the hype with Molton Brown to be honest, the Body shop does better if you ask me.

they are releasing 3 high end fragrances launching exclusively in Harrods then moving into the stores.

I mean we have three , yes three Molton Browns in Belfast two stand alone stores and one in House of Fraser.

Same in Dublin,Donna,two stand alone stores & one in Brown Thomas though that one has got much smaller recently,just a large display stand,really.
Never any customers in any of them but their store in Kildare Village (similar to Bicester)is always busy & the staff are really helpful.

Latest posts

Back