Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
I recently bought the Rhubarb and Rose hand wash (It's just soap, really, isn't it, but that sounds too common.) It has a nice, fresh scent, which does not last above 15 minutes tops. So, it is not true that the perfume lasts and lingers.

Last edited:
its a nice handwash but the Aldi one smells just as nice and costs around £1. MB is overkill now on qvc atm

i find the MB fragrances last such a long time no-others compare same with the loccitane ones they are both amazing & great value as you use so little & last so much longer than similar or copies of them

but its each to their own

I find the MB body wash fragrance lasts a long time so much so that I don't wear it on a work day as I prefer something lighter like L'Occitane Verbena. I've often had people comment on my fragrance mid-afternoon after showering with them in the morning and not wearing any other fragrance. I was my hands too frequently to comment on the hand wash but I am tempted to give the Aldi ones a try.

I tried MB hand washes as a change from l’Occitane & although OK I don’t join in the hype.Will try Aldi although I recently bought a Neom room fragrance with reed diffuser (expensive, but good).Then decided to get an Aldi one (awful—but have not wasted much money!)Well you have to find some duds,this is from a staunch Aldi fan!

Yes I think the shower gel lasts a lot longer than the handwash but I do like the handwash as I find many types dry my hands out. I recently went into an Aldi and bought the three MB look alikes for use in the kitchen. I only heard of them through this forum!

I am currently using the MB lime and patchouli in the kitchen and I must have got it in a mixed set where I wanted the others as I never liked it as Thai Vert. But either it or I must have changed because I find it rather pleasant and am almost tempted to upgrade it bathroom status! I also agree with the presenter that you need to use very little MB to get a good lather. I notice if I am using one of my other brands (TK Max, either an Italian (Tuscan) one I only recognise from the design as have never spotted the maker's name, or Scottish Fine Soaps)that the dollop you get is far bigger than with MB.

I really think you need to layer with the hand lotion on top.

But then I just don't want to walk around with my hands smelling of whatever.

I just use Goats or Asses Milk soap at home

if you put the aldi handwash in the MB bottles they last forever as the Mb dispenses literally 1ml a pump. you still get the lather and scent win win

I've always loved MB. My favourite was Vitalising Vitamin ab+c, now Orange & Bergamot, it could be smelled on everything I wore & even on my babies. However, the amount of plastic used in pumps, bottles & caps that can't be re-used really bothers me, as does animal testing & the use of palm oil. I use Sainsburys Baby Bath, they do three & this is the blue one; £1 for 500ml, not tested, no palm oil & bottle & cap are both recyclable. Obviously it's quite a gentle fragrance, reminds me of bluebells & I also put it into 'permanent' liquid soap dispensers in the bathroom, downstairs loo & the kitchen.

MB does have the bunny logo so not tested on animals.

Not all palm oil is equal, people just read palm oil and think the worse. Palm Oil is also grown in the US states and sustainable.

The plastic is a bother though.

MB does have the bunny logo so not tested on animals.

Not all palm oil is equal, people just read palm oil and think the worse. Palm Oil is also grown in the US states and sustainable.

The plastic is a bother though.

I agree with you on the first two facts, my lovely mum introduced me to MB because of their ethics & I still buy from them, however, the plastic issue is a major concern. I did start buying bars of soap that were wrapped in paper but the scummy mess they made all over the basin was horrible, I've never had a sensitive skin but my hands do go dry in the colder months, using this stuff has given me really soft skin so at the moment it's a winner.

its a nice handwash but the Aldi one smells just as nice and costs around £1. MB is overkill now on qvc atm

You're right about the Aldi ones, however they are very SLSSey. Mr B washes his hands a lot & the Aldi ones like this gave him dermatitis

I wonder why they don't do refills? I decant the hand wash into dispensers so refills would be even more appealing for that reason. I do buy a lot of it, even more so than L'Occitane recently.

I just don't think I could justify spending £20 on a bottle of liquid soap when I can get the same amount from Tesco for £1. Even if it smelt of unicorns, it's still £20 for some soap... I wish I could be more extravagant.

I just don't think I could justify spending £20 on a bottle of liquid soap when I can get the same amount from Tesco for £1. Even if it smelt of unicorns, it's still £20 for some soap... I wish I could be more extravagant.

I'm the same, I buy ours from Aldi and it's lovely, does the job. In our house when we shower of a morning, we're in, do the job, ten minutes later we're out, squeaky clean and smelling yummy.

Okay, who remembers when the MB bath products used to be £12?

It was when the Japanese company bought them out years back and they pulled from QVC suddenly the prices went up. I always thought MB got lost they renamed products a number of times very comfusing for customers. Got rid of some then brought them back for them to disappear again. Walk into one of their shops and suddenly a product was gone for good. They never said the product was being discontinued. I loved their Sea Moss Bath Soak and one day it was just gone!

Okay, who remembers when the MB bath products used to be £12?

It was when the Japanese company bought them out years back and they pulled from QVC suddenly the prices went up. I always thought MB got lost they renamed products a number of times very comfusing for customers. Got rid of some then brought them back for them to disappear again. Walk into one of their shops and suddenly a product was gone for good. They never said the product was being discontinued. I loved their Sea Moss Bath Soak and one day it was just gone!

After all the re naming nonsense, the formulas have def changed. The smell really did last with the originals......GRRRRRRRRRR

all the molton brown bottles i have have sodium laurel sulphate as the first or second ingredient. i am not allergic to it so its not a consideration for me when i buy liquid soap products

Latest posts

Back