Monsoon TSV 05/06/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the risk of sounding like an old fogey, I have a couple of Cotton Traders linen mix

CCtops and they were brilliant for my holidays last year as very cool to wear in hot countries, unlike all the stretchy Kim/NL/Antthony type material.

fogey!:ROFLMAO:

At the risk of sounding like an old fogey, I have a couple of Cotton Traders linen mix

CCtops and they were brilliant for my holidays last year as very cool to wear in hot countries, unlike all the stretchy Kim/NL/Antthony type material.
Nowt wrong with Cotton Traders for some items. I regularly buy jeans from them because they do the 33 inch inside leg I need and I also like their leather loafers which come in the E fitting I need. Makes life simpler and saves me web mooching or searching out items in bricks and mortar shops pre lockdown. I can see straightaway on their website which sizes and colours are available plus they regularly send me discount codes.

We used to have a CC at an outlet centre but they packed up many years ago but I remember getting a few vest type tops which were a really good fit, now wearing in the garden and they are covered in paint.

Wouldn't be sure about fit at present to buy on line but might take the plunge later as I’m trying to shed a bit of weight.

Just looked to see if any stores in NI but none, however I see they are in several Dobbies so I’ll keep an eye out to see if they come there, it was EWM but now it’s Peacocks who have a franchise there.

Just that my auntie and uncle (in their late 70's) buy lots of stuff. Was pleased with CT things though as they last forever.

I like this Monsoon top and they have yellow but the back looks weird and doesn't match the front.

CC

I thought the same as you LATI that JF looked terrible but the top fitted better on the larger size model. Anyway, wasn't going to buy it but went for the yellow as I thought "hey, wear it for 2 months in the sun then return". Shocking way to think but I wouldn't be doing anything wrong. They do say if you decide it's not for you . . . . In reality I will probably keep it, get the scissors and sewing machine out and level off the back to match the front. I don't have big hips so they don't really have to be covered.

JF said it was selling out but it wasn't when I looked.

CC

I really like the top but it's a no from me because it's too short in the body, especially at the front, and being linen it'll crease to buggery, you can see it on the models and they're wearing box fresh ones. I don't particulary need to cover my hips or backside, however I feel a lot more confident when I do...especially when at times trousers can have a nasty habit of getting caught in crevices both front and back...I know that sounds awful..but it's not a good look! I'm not saying the top has to completely cover that area but not sit directly above and be a bit more flowing.

It’s a no from me as well. It looked creased on the models so goodness knows what it would look like after wearing it for a few hours.

Its not a great fit TBH. You can see how it 'bags' at the front from under the arms across the breast. So there's a danger of it being a tight upper sleeve and plenty of of chest room. Then it seems to 'pull' across the bum, as seen on some of the models.

I have many linen/linen mix clothes and after washing they do 'soften' so the creasing is not as bad as box fresh.

I would be tempted with this as the price is good, but the fit puts me off.

I have a love hate relationship with linen. On holiday (and occasionally at home) you see people wearing them and no matter how creased they can carry it really well but I never seem to be able to achieve that non ironed casual chic look. I susp3ct that you have to have everything soft and unironed rather than a smartish trousers and creased top.

Looking again..and the fabric is getting increasingly creased as the show goes on!!!! and I could imagine trying to raise your arms in this would not be best comfortable and might reveal a bit too much! But apart from it looking like a screwed up dishrag..it's a beautiful top

I don't like linen clothes, find them scratchy. Anything that looks like it needs a good iron when brand new is not for me either.

Linen is great to wear in a hot climate but you don’t have to mind that you look as though you have slept in it.I used to take linen garments on holiday & spend time pressing with a travel iron, steaming etc. before I realised life is too short.

I see that Ebay are selling Monsoon linen tops (without the long back) almost identical to the TSV, same colours. Only £9.99 as well with free postage. Should have looked yesterday lol, could have got two.

CC

We used to have a CC at an outlet centre but they packed up many years ago but I remember getting a few vest type tops which were a really good fit, now wearing in the garden and they are covered in paint.

Wouldn't be sure about fit at present to buy on line but might take the plunge later as I’m trying to shed a bit of weight.

Just looked to see if any stores in NI but none, however I see they are in several Dobbies so I’ll keep an eye out to see if they come there, it was EWM but now it’s Peacocks who have a franchise there.
They are in Notcutts Garden Centre here

It`s in todays paper that Monsoon, Accessorize and Quiz stores have gone into administration but are hoping to still have an online presence.

I’ve just read on another forum that someone has offered a rescue package and is hoping to keep some stores open.

It’s the rates and parking charges that are damaging the DHS.

They`d already closed a number of shops long before the pandemic. We used to have a Monsoon and an Accessorize but both have gone and been gone a while. I always thought Monsoon was expensive for most of their stuff but you could get some bargains in their sale. I never used Accessorize, ours was only a tiny branch and never seemed to hold much stock.

Latest posts

Back