Monsoon TSV 18/3/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s the sort of thing our work expected us to wear with a suit (at our own expense) so I tried to get them from the like of Sainsbury/Tesco/Dunnes as I didn't want to spend money on something I wouldn’t wear anywhere else.

Blimey, the stuff I got in the sale in Beautiful, that’s awful and yes it does look like what you’d see a bank clerk wearing, sort of late 80’s early 90’s, oh dear :(

Scanning the thread titles it dawned on me how much we have changed in our Q shopping habits over the past few years.

A heads up about an upcoming sketchers TSV has no comments. Kipling TSV are ignored or derided. Kimmies TSV are laughed at, Ruthless are a laughing stock and Renee, Anntony etc are totally ignored.

Such a difference to went we were worried we might miss the midnight launch of a certain colour of Kipling, mad keen for the sketchers and even Kim might have had a chance .

Who is at fault, Q for prices and poor service, Brands for not producing anything we want or us for having too much of everything?

I think people having easier access to the internet has opened up a whole new shopping world for many. No need to sit glued to the tv or relying on the likes of Q or catalogues for mail order clothes. Gone are the days of dial up internet which charged you so much per minute or clogged up your phoneline for hours and not only is the internet more common but its also more accessible, on cell phones, ipads , laptops etc and we can browse from anywhere at any time.
Q haven`t moved with the times and we repeat that on here time after time. A terrible website, poor choices, poor presentation, high prices and poor aftersales and archaic delivery charges and procedures. They will always have their diehard followers but even browsing another one or two high street websites such as Next or Marks shows us how Q are trailing behind especially in fashion.
Other companies have genuine sales and genuine discounts and try to keep pace with latest styles whether we like those styles or not. Q is stuck in a rut with the same styles, same dire designers, same fabrics and same sales spiel. It needs to die a death completely or reboot itself big time and move into modern day 21st century shopping habits.

I think people having easier access to the internet has opened up a whole new shopping world for many. No need to sit glued to the tv or relying on the likes of Q or catalogues for mail order clothes. Gone are the days of dial up internet which charged you so much per minute or clogged up your phoneline for hours and not only is the internet more common but its also more accessible, on cell phones, ipads , laptops etc and we can browse from anywhere at any time.
Q haven`t moved with the times and we repeat that on here time after time. A terrible website, poor choices, poor presentation, high prices and poor aftersales and archaic delivery charges and procedures. They will always have their diehard followers but even browsing another one or two high street websites such as Next or Marks shows us how Q are trailing behind especially in fashion.
Other companies have genuine sales and genuine discounts and try to keep pace with latest styles whether we like those styles or not. Q is stuck in a rut with the same styles, same dire designers, same fabrics and same sales spiel. It needs to die a death completely or reboot itself big time and move into modern day 21st century shopping habits.
Summed up to a tee.

I was channel hopping today and had a quick look at QVC when they were showing a Michelle Hope printed lace/floral jacket type thing.

I had a flash back to the late 70's.

About 1977 I made a dress for my mother, probably in Crimplene, and it was an almost identical print in the same colours.

That kind of sums up the time warp QVC are stuck in.

Shoppers becoming ever more savvy and with the pandemic meaning almost everyone has to stay at home they've been forced to shop on line and have had the time to search the web suddenly discovering most retailers offer a better shopping experience than QVC.

I suspect QVC's business model is based on their USA demographic which is very different to the UK

QVC UK is now archaic and it shows, unless it gets dragged into the 21st century I feel the the days of QVC selling in the UK may well be numbered.

I closed my account last year, however, I hadn't bought much since I retired & when I saw something I liked I looked for it cheaper elsewhere - a personal shopper in reverse. After reading on here that Adele O'Donoghue had left SBC I had a look at her last hour on the Q & heard her say that propolis had antifungal properties, I had developed athlete's foot so bought propolis tincture from a beekeeper, mixed it with moisturiser, problem sorted - thanks QVC!

I was channel hopping today and had a quick look at QVC when they were showing a Michelle Hope printed lace/floral jacket type thing.

About 1977 I made a dress for my mother, probably in Crimplene, and it was an almost identical print in the same colours.

Shoppers becoming ever more savvy and with the pandemic meaning almost everyone has to stay at home they've been forced to shop on line and have had the time to search the web suddenly discovering most retailers offer a better shopping experience than QVC.

I suspect QVC's business model is based on their USA demographic which is very different to the UK

QVC UK is now archaic and it shows, unless it gets dragged into the 21st century I feel the the days of QVC selling in the UK may well be numbered.
I think the focus on beauty shows where the money is. The move online is timely and I don't think they will be going anywhere for a very long time (unfortunately). I rarely watch QVC live and use the website more

I don’t watch or buy beauty stuff so don’t know if Q‘s beauty offerings are as far behind the times as their other lines. Are they?

I don’t watch or buy beauty stuff so don’t know if Q‘s beauty offerings are as far behind the times as their other lines. Are they?
I don't know about being behind the times but they don't offer anything that isn't available anywhere else. In the early days I bought Elemis & L'Occitane but that was before they sold their souls to the devil. As Vienna stated many of us are internet savvy & some shop with the big boys, I've gone the other way & discovered so many independent companies that produce/sell some glorious products that I can afford &, more importantly, fit in with my principles.

I think the focus on beauty shows where the money is. The move online is timely and I don't think they will be going anywhere for a very long time (unfortunately). I rarely watch QVC live and use the website more
Young people want the trendy almost disposable beauty products from the like of Superdrug, Primark, H&M etc, they wouldn't dream of shopping with QVC

Yummy mummies shop where they shop I've no idea where that is but it ain't QVC.

Sadly QVC's main customer base, late middle age to older females will naturally shrink with the passage of time and more of them are learning there are a lot of other places to spend their cash anyway, with QVC being too complacent to modernise itself, too narrow minded to expand it's range of products and to lazy to improve the shopping experience it offers, eventually it will no longer be viable.

Who is buying this stuff? MW stuff is awful, but I can sort of understand why it sells, there are people out there who buy into all this "drama" shizzle, like to mix and match stuff from the same collection - see Wynne Layers - Mix and match anything from Michele Hopeless and you'll look like a psychadelic vom-fest!

I think what you're referring to is what she likes to call "a lace"....and yes it's a hideously garish lace/floral jacket type thing = an overall. Her colour palettes are disgusting and I cannot think of anyone who'd seriously want to look like this unless they'd been invited to 1970's themed bad taste party!

I still can't unsee the image of Claire Sutton a couple of years ago modelling a barbie pink acrylic skirt with a flounce sewn on the bottom teamed up with a baby blue acrylic "bed jacket" flouncy cuffs cross over top with flounces going down the front - No one in this day and age would dress like that. I could just about have seen it worn to a disco in 1971 with a pair of platform soled shoes.
If Q want to get into the 21st century....they need to stop selling this sort of shite!

Latest posts

Back