Monsoon TSV 18/3/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scanning the thread titles it dawned on me how much we have changed in our Q shopping habits over the past few years.

A heads up about an upcoming sketchers TSV has no comments. Kipling TSV are ignored or derided. Kimmies TSV are laughed at, Ruthless are a laughing stock and Renee, Anntony etc are totally ignored.

Such a difference to went we were worried we might miss the midnight launch of a certain colour of Kipling, mad keen for the sketchers and even Kim might have had a chance .

Who is at fault, Q for prices and poor service, Brands for not producing anything we want or us for having too much of everything?
Probably an element of all 3.

Currently, where remote shopping has become the only option for items other than food, diy and pharmacy, all of us are looking farther afield.

Also, incomes have dropped, jobs are less secure, so we are looking to get good value on items that we need. And I think we are being more considered on our pampering/comforting purchases.

Q remains an option but it doesn't have the range, service or pricing of most of its competitors.

I also think that the pandemic has tragically reduced the most loyal watchers and customers who are older. The younger generations are not going to be loyal unless a brand has truly earned it...and the tolerance of dips in standards of service, quality and price is limited.

We have been seeing more companies using the likes of Klarna to spread payment, cutting into one of Q's previous advantages.

It is all change out in the real world of digital shopping, and Q is struggling to keep pace, even as brands in trouble are turning to Q to boost revenue.

No wonder the pool of "departments" has dwindled to clothes, beauty, jewellery...rinse and repeat. Occasionally they have the gardening shows, of course.

We all know that the core demographic of Q is 50+ and female. We also can see from widely reported information that women have been more squeezed by the pandemic measures...less disposable income, so need to spend it wisely.

I will stop there before I ramble on too much!

Monsoon V-Neck Top with Smocking Detail
Item Number: 188727
QVC Price £37.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.96
P&P £0.00

Currently only available at QVC UK, this gorgeous printed top from Monsoon is made from soft, lightweight fabric and has a relaxed fit shape featuring soft, subtle flutter sleeves, shirred shoulder detail and a stand collar with a flattering V-neckline. Go for a classic, feminine look with this stylish design that will pair beautifully with any trousers or skirts in your wardrobe.

Versatile style - falling at the lower hip, this easy-to-wear piece is a real wardrobe essential that can be dressed up for a special occasion with heels and trousers or dressed down with jeans and trainers for a casual look. It'll also look fab tucked into skirts with bare legs for the warmer months.

Take your pick - available in five striking prints, there's something to suit all tastes. Go for the Navy Ivory for a classic, polka dot look or try the Green Multi for more feminine style. The Blue Multi and Red Multi options offer striking, contemporary animal prints while the Pink Multi is a more subtle, traditional animal print.

• 100% viscose
  • Machine washable at 40C

Colour options:

• Navy Ivory
  • Blue Multi
  • Green Multi
  • Red Multi
  • Pink Multi

Garment measurements:

• Chest: S: 96.5cm (38"), M: 107.5cm (43.2"), L: 119.5cm (47"), XL: 131.5cm (51.8")
  • Length: S: 63.9cm (25.1"), M: 64.5cm (25.4"), L: 66.9cm (26.3"), XL: 67.3cm (26.5")

All measurements are approximate

The BA looks very smart, if a bit "officey". I do like her trousers but not sure about the top. The red's a nice colour.

CC
luckily for her she has the figure of a model. The TSV is not shouting the right terminology at me

'all measurements are approximate' - yeah I've been caught out with that one before ! A size XL is 51" bust, hmmmmmmm, big pinch of salt there methinks. I sent for a lightweight jumper with that measurement, and tightly snug was the only word for it- and I'm a 44" bust, but size up to accommodate my broad back.

Latest posts

Back