Morganite Quartz - thoughts?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RubyRose

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in ages cos (having spent WAAAY too much when I first discovered TJC) I had to do some severe belt-tightening and I've have bought nothing from them in over a year (and that was only a £10 Elanza ring). Let's face it, I really don't need anything else and I've been disappointed with their dull designs and market-stall scarves, not to mention the soaring prices on anything actually decent.

But I was wondering if anyone saw the "Morganite Quartz" show? What did you think? I love (real) morganite and this was a chance to see something morganite-coloured and affordable. And, um, I've now got two rings on order (my excuse is that it was my birthday last week!). Only I was sneaky and ordered them on the website yesterday. I watched the show itself on my PC while I was "working" (honest) and there seemed to be quite a feeding frenzy with many items selling out. As far as I could tell, the prices on the website were the same as the live final prices so I haven't missed any bargains by ordering in advance.

What I'm wondering is, what the heck is Morganite Quartz??? I assumed it was clear quartz colour-treated, but they didn't actually say this. They said it was a "triplet" and it had taken them four years to get this stuff to screen. Now I know what a triplet is, but what material would they sandwich with it to give that peachy morganite colour? And why on earth was this so difficult it took 4 years? I wish they'd give us better info, like Steve on Gems does.

So if anyone can give technical info on how this stuff was made, and why it's so special (ha) I'd be really interested. Oh, and I'll let you know what the rings are like when they come, too. :hi:

Don't know RR, I didn't see the show. Wonder if the 'triplet' morganite quartz is like triplet opals, where they use a slice sandwiched between other layers?

morgquartz01A.jpgmorgquartz02A.jpg

So the rings arrived this morning and I'm very delighted with them. Both stones are approx 6 carats - the round one is set in rose gold overlay (I love rose gold so I hope the overlay doesn't rub off!) but I will admit the silver band could do with being thicker - something this thin, you'd expect it to be real gold!!! :sad: The other one is cushion cut with plat overlay and garnets on the sides. It's a chunkier, more ornate band.

Looking from the side, you can see a 'join' in the stone, but it looks as if the top and bottom layers are peach coloured and the middle layer is clear, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe I'll ask TJC for further info. From the top, though, they're perfecly clear and sparkly. Very nice. Can't complain at getting the look of morganite for £30 and £40 respectively!

PS. So all you get now is a fabric pouch - no more ring boxes!

Latest posts

Back