Most hated sales spiel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JFB

Registered Shopper
I know we have done this before many times, but I wondered what new phrases have been introduced....

I still I hate Jill F saying "I only have the xxxx left for you in size x", Flinty saying think who you could give one to (and then reeling of random people - always teachers at Christmas), Jill F (and a ton of them now) "what I love about this is...."

I still can't cope with "a pant" or "dress it up or dress it down" (dress it up for what exactly)

Biagi with that cheesy wink, "there's lots in store". Anyone with a balcony to put a zillion things on. Go with your regular size - when the measurements shown are anything but. If you need a size 6 buy a size 4 - yes Vonda I mean you.

Thousands more but I'll need to think.

CC

Biagi with that cheesy wink, "there's lots in store". Anyone with a balcony to put a zillion things on. Go with your regular size - when the measurements shown are anything but. If you need a size 6 buy a size 4 - yes Vonda I mean you.

Thousands more but I'll need to think.

CC
Go with your regular size... made my toes curl.
Jill who has every solar light and swinging chair in her garden

I like Jilly but she’s very fond of ‘you’re gonna love it’ and ‘snap it up’. On the other hand, it’s ages since I heard anyone say we’re jumping to the phones . Wonder why🤭.
now replaced by "lots of people have it in their baskets. Don't forget to check out"

Richard Jacksons scientific tray of tomatoes and smorgasbord bird food. Banging on and on when there's a special offer on. The endless don't forget to check out your baskets (take lessons from IW on that one), Jill Franks' "I need you on those phones now", Debbie Flints "buy two, put one in your present drawer (or draw)". Miceal "there's only twenty million left, get on those phones".

CC

Oh the list is endless.

Debbie Flint “get yours now” “where d’yeh wanna send it how d’yeh wanna pay”......everything that comes out her mouth.

Chuntley “Try it for yourself”

Alison Young “for you” and consistently gives examples in threes.

Katy Pulinger, Alex Kramer “I’ve got to have this in my life”

Chloe Everton. “Still to come on the way” “why wouldn’t you” “I don’t blame you” “check out your baskets if you don’t want it someone else will snap it up” “mini cheddars”. “curry’s” “holidays” Everything.

Simon Biagi. “There’s lots in store”. Cheesy grin *ding!*

Specific to Q - I can't stand hearing AY constantly saying "For you" throughout her presentations - she often says it out of context so it makes even less sense.
Can't stand hearing presenters saying "well done" or even "congratulations" to people who've bought something
Saying "I bought something like this last week and it was twice the price and half the quality"
Suggesting that people buy a garment in every colourway because you can afford to do so at these prices despite the example being an acrylic jumper priced at £50, and the fact that if you did follow their advice your p&p bill alone would probably buy you a week's worth of groceries.
Presenters screaming at the camera telling their mum at home to order this for them
Food presentations...talking with mouths full, fake orgasms - just horrible
I've got a feeling this isn't gonna last to the end of this hour let alone till midnight....The list goes on!

Last edited:
Well the one thing we know they don’t trot out is “it’s now our policy to have a capped postage charge“

TSV is £15 with £3 postage. If post was capped I’ll bet lots who order something would add one of the cheaper items . I know there are times when I see something, maybe in clearance, but once you look at the % the post makes up of the total I don’t bother. Of course we all know that postage makes up a good bit of their profits but it’s a bit sort sighted when looking at the bigger picture- supermarkets don’t have loss leaders for fun, it works.

I bought 7 items from Aldi recently. Their postage is capped at £2-95 but I added the 7th item (cheap) to get free PP as it was then over £30. And every item was on clearance, most were half price. And all items were needed.

And it arrived in a few days, fully tracked!

The food presentations, or any food presentations where someone is stuffing their mouths full and mmmming around it. Yuck! If you can't sell a food product on how it looks (the original M&S advert had my mouth watering like a Pavlov's dog! And that was just the wine which I rarely drink. The melting choc puds... I made a trip to the food hall just for a pack of them), don't bother.

Fibby Flinty's oohing and ahhing and conspiratorial whispering can put me off buying something I'd previously considered buying.

Anything that comes out of CE's mouth, Chuntley's simpering, begging tones and 'I'm getting it for my mum' or whoever.

Any presenter that says they're going to order in their break/after the show. Do your homework before the show like any decent salesperson. Present an item you've actually looked at and at least found a little out about it! This coasting along saying something's amazing is a huge turn off that all the presenters are guilty of.

Latest posts

Back