Most Useless Fashion Item

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
For me it has to be the MW chiffon duster shirt 176950
It does nothing/nada - its not a practical fabric, its see through, and pointless as a cover-up.

Little wonder its been reduced, no-one is buying it, yet old scarecrow is giving it her all :rolleyes:

For me it has to be the MW chiffon duster shirt 176950
It does nothing/nada - its not a practical fabric, its see through, and pointless as a cover-up.

Little wonder its been reduced, no-one is buying it, yet old scarecrow is giving it her all :rolleyes:
It wouldn't even do as a duster! I can't see the point in this ridiculous "layering" - obviously just a way to create pointless sheets of fabric in order to make more money. Can you imagine the ****** state that the back of that thing will look after sitting down for half an hour - That's if you don't manage to tear it or trap it in a door first! The white one looks like one of those "visitors coats" that workmen have to put on if they're going to fix equipment behind an open food counter. Stupid price that includes the reduced price too!

It wouldn't even do as a duster! I can't see the point in this ridiculous "layering" - obviously just a way to create pointless sheets of fabric in order to make more money. Can you imagine the ****** state that the back of that thing will look after sitting down for half an hour - That's if you don't manage to tear it or trap it in a door first! The white one looks like one of those "visitors coats" that workmen have to put on if they're going to fix equipment behind an open food counter. Stupid price that includes the reduced price too!
I like layering, although chiffon wouldn't be my first choice. This type of clothing can mask uneven bumps (aka belly fat). I had a fab white see through shirt that was so easy to throw on and travel with but lighter than a cardigan. Plus it was more opaque than this.

I'm not against any 'cover up' per se, but chiffon ? as a fabric its been 'stuck' on the bottom of numerous tops as a 'feature'. Personal choice I know, but for me chiffon smacks of floaty dresses for a wedding or evening wear looking glamourous with a chiffon stole.

For me I mainly associate chiffon with scarves. When it's a garment, I envisage something worn as evening wear. I also prefer to see it patterned, as MW's habit of making things out of huge swathes of plain, often pale coloured chiffon, you can see all the seams and stitching and it looks odd.

The lovely model Sasha was looking a complete state in one of MW's shows. Some kind of nonsense top and scarf with mega wide trousers. That girl is gorgeous and it takes a massive effort to make her look awful but the QVC stylists managed it. No sale to me.

MW has become squares of fabric sewn together with spaces for the arms. Swamps small ladies and looks wrong on larger figures. I've got a couple of MW early things and I like and wear them but the fabric was decent, the drape was right. Now it looks cheap when it certainly isn't.

CC

Can't remember were I read it but it was a piece about what makes a woman look older.
Hair and makeup styles that haven't changed,anything made of jersey, floaty garments,anything with more than 3% elastine that stretches to fit and large garish prints. The one I found a bit unusual was sleeveless or 3/4 sleeves were said to better than short sleeves.

Short sleeves / cap sleeves can exaggerate beefy upper arms, whereas a sleeveless with a cardi or cover up top can give a sleeker look because there is no 'bunching' up of fabric, thus making the arm look bigger. Elbow length sleeves are fine, as are 3/4 sleeves.

I've tried every which way and now I'm older I give short sleeves a wide berth on tops and frocks. I've 'discovered' the casual elegance of kimono jackets - 3/4 roomy sleeves worn with a sleeveless top or dress looks ok, and is cool to wear.

Yep, agree about the hair and make up, but also choosing the right specs is crucial too. A friend of mine recently changed hers - from old school librarian to a pair of large wire frames and the transformation was astonishing - from a staid 70 something to a zingy 75 year old going on 60, excellent !

The lovely model Sasha was looking a complete state in one of MW's shows. Some kind of nonsense top and scarf with mega wide trousers. That girl is gorgeous and it takes a massive effort to make her look awful but the QVC stylists managed it. No sale to me.

MW has become squares of fabric sewn together with spaces for the arms. Swamps small ladies and looks wrong on larger figures. I've got a couple of MW early things and I like and wear them but the fabric was decent, the drape was right. Now it looks cheap when it certainly isn't.

CC
I’d be surprised if Marla was involved anymore, does she ever appear even on video link?

I’d be surprised if Marla was involved anymore, does she ever appear even on video link?
"MW has become squares of fabric sewn together with spaces for the arms. Swamps small ladies and looks wrong on larger figures. "

A bit like those Frank Usher poncho tops that are really 2 scarves strategically stitched together. No tailoring involved so anyone with a good knowledge of machine sewing could throw them together. TBH I wouldn't say that the way Marla Wynne dresses doesn't inspire me, nor does the CEO of Nina Leonard who looks a ****** fright most of the time.

I know that Kim raves about them, but I can't understand Adult 'baby grow's', I mean surely these don't make it easy to put on, take off or go for a 'comfort break'! I mean if you are a baby, you have an adult to 'put on' and 'take off' and as for the 'toilety bit' as a baby, you don't care, not quite the same for an adult though is it (usually)!

Latest posts

Back