Mr Basso is not very pleasant - anyone got his clothes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Watching this and he comes across bit mean and boring!

Anyway, what are his clothes like? Not sure about his designs so reviews are welcome :mysmilie_48:

In my opinion, that nasty, bast**d doesn't deserve to breath oxygen, the pain he inflicts on other living things (being a leading Furrier in America) you'll hear him slip up and call the faux fur "fur" as he does in his "couture" range. He just seems a horrible person too though, the way he acts and talks, I say talk, he missed his vocation because that voice belongs on horror films, it scares the bejeezus out of me. :witch::werewolf::vampire::Sad:

Watching this and he comes across bit mean and boring!

Anyway, what are his clothes like? Not sure about his designs so reviews are welcome :mysmilie_48:

It is not like him to be rude, I suppose who he works with:thinking: He gets on very well with Anne Dawson.

I did get 5 of his scarfs( 1 red, 2 grey and 2 brown of the same) long time ago as Christmas presents.(that was a long time before I knew about him being a furrier :sad: )

Those scarves were reversible (red on one side, black on the reverse) , made in Italy, and they were so lovely and soft and well made.

They were similar to this, but this looks a bit worn.

Dennis-basso-shawl-red-_57.jpg

I kept a couple of them for myself and had so many complements and was asked where I got them from.

He may only sell faux fur on QVC but the profits he makes will be ploughed into his real fur business too. Consequently I would never entertain buying anything from his range.

I wouldn't buy anything this horrible man puts his name to. IMO he has a very inflated ego and talks down to the presenters and customers, but most of all knowing he is involved in the real fur trade is enough for me to know he has no heart.

He may only sell faux fur on QVC but the profits he makes will be ploughed into his real fur business too. Consequently I would never entertain buying anything from his range.
l
This horrible man murders animals in the name of fashion, no he doesn't sell on qvcuk but that is not the point. He is a total disgrace and I just wish the animal rights movement would invade the set when he is on.

I never dreamed that he was a furrier, because he was selling faux fur.
He has made barrels of money through his blood stained sales:sad:

I thought it was particularly unpleasant that Del Boy Flinty said 'ooh, feel it, it feels just like rabbit fur' when she was handling one of those items in the 3pm hour. Who the hell is sick enough to want to wear some bunny fur round their necks?

Many years ago when he first surfaced (and before his other issues came to light), I did buy a couple of faux suede coats - cant think of the name the fabric was called, but it was a good imitation (and Centigrade also did loads of the same, at the time). I also bought a jewel coloured raincoat in cobalt blue which was always commented on. The quality WAS good, but despite his business practices I now find his style of outerwear, faux fur or otherwise, a bit dated.

Leaving aside the furrier bit I found him to be a bit "handy" with models and presenters so was surprised to find out that he was in a civil partnership.

Leaving aside the furrier bit I found him to be a bit "handy" with models and presenters so was surprised to find out that he was in a civil partnership.

Yes, I thought he was a ladies man, till I learnt otherwise .

He was on Telly not long ago on a documentary about Claridge's Hotel.

You have to have good money to have coffee there, never mind stay there for a few days!

Just think all that money came from poor slaughtered animals :sad: :mysmilie_478:

The surprise for me is not that he's in a civil partnership, his preference stood out a mile, no for me the surprise is that anyone would want to have anything to do with him.

I wouldn't buy anything this horrible man puts his name to. IMO he has a very inflated ego and talks down to the presenters and customers, but most of all knowing he is involved in the real fur trade is enough for me to know he has no heart.

Thank you and will not be buying! He's annoying me now and I'm very choosey where I spend my hard earned money!

I feel physically sick at his name ....he is dispicable .....disgusts me !!! I adore animals ...he can go jump ...takes a lot for me to say that ....Ugh....

The thing is, and its hard to swallow, BUT he is supplying a market where there is a demand for his goods ! If there weren't any women who chose to wear real fur only, then him and his like wouldn't be in business. Look at all those photos of the royal family in years gone by, all the women wore fur - Queen Mother in her foxes, Margaret in her ermine stoles and the Queen was always seen with a real fur coat over her evening dresses. We live in more enlightened times in this country, and the Queen has not been seen wearing fur for many years, although I read that all her furs are in iced storage. Walk around any capital on the Continent in winter, and there will be more fur coats walking about than quilted jackets !

The thing is though, the furs you see are more than likely faux, it's hard to tell the difference now they're that near to the real thing (I think fur, faux or otherwise is crass, but that's just my opinion obviously) it's only ignorant slebs that wear the real thing but I absolutely agree with you brissles, if these people didn't buy the real thing, there'd be no need for the fart that is Dennis Basstardo.

I saw a documentary / interview on him (will see if I can find a link to it) a while back which touched on the animal welfare issues. I recall him stating that the animals were gassed to death humanely and that they did not suffer. I'm not sure I buy into his argument, yet I kind of feel hypocritical as I do eat organic beef occasionally and of course that had to be killed. I also have a leather bag made by Picard and a leather jacket. Two of my cars have leather seats. Human beings have been killing and eating animals since the beginning of time and also wearing their pelts. I guess Basso is selling sophistication / pseudo-sophistication / glamour. Some people don't see anything wrong with gassing a few stoats / mink to make a nice coat. Other people think it despicable. Each person must decide for him/herself how to live their life and what choices they make. A personal belief, however strongly held by an individual, is not definitive in the wider scheme of things and I get slightly miffed when the animal rights protesters start getting all preachy and militant. In my view they lose all credibility when they start advocating violence to humans that they would so vehemently condemn were it directed towards fluffy little critters. I'm not sure many people think things through. They just go: "Ooh I'm into animal rights, I am. I believe in that, I really BELIEVE in it and I know I'm right." Maybe they are trying to bolster their ego / fulfil some Maslovian need for belonging by jumping on a bandwagon and having a trenchant opinion? I do wonder. I would hardly imagine Basso personally bashes the stoats over the head with a rolling pin, taking pleasure in leaving them writhing in agony before he finally finishes the job. The chances are the creatures are dispatched in a relatively painless / humane fashion, yet it still makes for uncomfortable thought matter, doesn't it? Maybe vegans are superior? That humans have the correct dentation for an omnivorous diet including meat, would seem to justify eating meat, doesn't it? Is it not the case that there is a pecking order with humans at the top of the chain and animals lower down? Why shouldn't we eat them and wear their skins? Yes it was shocking that human beings were gassed to death in WWII (they didn't have any choice in their fate) but is the death of a few stoats really comparable? I would argue that it probably is not. Yes Basso comes like a pantomime villain and many people don't like him. In my view he doesn't have much of a "like factor" about him however it would seem that his products, faux and real, are extremely popular. I think many animal rights activist ought to think long and hard on the provenance of their food, not to mention that of their beloved cats and dogs. Many activists have double standards.

The animals used to make fur coats are not,to my knowledge,eaten.They are killed purely for vanity. My OH is a dairy farmer and on the farm he works with his brother are beef cattle too. I don't eat meat from choice but have no problem with it as long as animals are treated humanely up until they die. I have seen lots of them born and die.As far as I am concerned the products of the meat industry provide leather for shoes ,bags etc as a bi product not as a main product.So people should have no guilt in wearing it.You think all the little animals are humanely killed? They are often reared in overcrowded cages in backyard operations.Gassed,strangled,beaten to death,or worse .Not because we need the meat ( who the hell eats mink,stoats,or raccoons)but because someone decided their fur looks better on some rich humans that have nothing better to do with their money .How would Basso know they were gassed painlessly?Was he there do you think?Do you jump on the bandwagon and believe him?How dare you say the people are wrong to care.Thank God attitudes to moronic behaviour are changing. Also why did you mention the Holocaust as noone here did?I recommend you read about fur farming I did and it's unpleasant.

The animals used to make fur coats are not,to my knowledge,eaten.They are killed purely for vanity. My OH is a dairy farmer and on the farm he works with his brother are beef cattle too. I don't eat meat from choice but have no problem with it as long as animals are treated humanely up until they die. I have seen lots of them born and die.As far as I am concerned the products of the meat industry provide leather for shoes ,bags etc as a bi product not as a main product.So people should have no guilt in wearing it.You think all the little animals are humanely killed? They are often reared in overcrowded cages in backyard operations.Gassed,strangled,beaten to death,or worse .Not because we need the meat ( who the hell eats mink,stoats,or raccoons)but because someone decided their fur looks better on some rich humans that have nothing better to do with their money .How would Basso know they were gassed painlessly?Was he there do you think?Do you jump on the bandwagon and believe him?How dare you say the people are wrong to care.Thank God attitudes to moronic behaviour are changing. Also why did you mention the Holocaust as noone here did?I recommend you read about fur farming I did and it's unpleasant.

Excellently put, you'll have to forgive Julius, he thinks everyone with an ounce of compassion is an Animal Activist, he does not like Animal Activists. I'd challenge him to watch "the Fur Trade" on YouTube and Google and see if it doesn't haunt him or make him cry at the injustice of it all, because I think he thinks animals used for Fur are brought a cup of tea and the paper in bed each morning.

Latest posts

Back