Mrs "Balls" Makes "b***s Of It Again !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I have forgotten her name for the moment, you know who I mean, that person who is the guest for Bibi Bijoux, is she called Maxine?

She forever calls the beads as "balls" ( she thinks she is being funny) and cannot say Swarovski crystal.

Once she called the Miraculous Medals of the Blessed Virgin Mary as coins!!

She brings a lot of pieces of bracelets and necklaces with coins, so she ought to know her coins from the Holy medals, simply by shapes at least.

Coins are usually round and Miraculous Medals of Blessed Mary are usually oval ( there are some variations in shapes, I agree, but anyone with eyes can tell the difference .)

Miraculas Medals Of Mary:.......>
290px-Miraculous_medal.jpg

Coins: ..................>
p.jpg

Once she called the charm of Ganesha as Buddha .

And now she has brought Pegasus as Unicorn:headbang:

OK, we can forgive her for not knowing Ganesha from Buddha (even though you ought to know what you are selling)

I think she got a few Catholics annoyed by saying the Holy medals as coins but she ought to know Unicorn has a horn and Pegasus has wings:mysmilie_503:

I think Catherine corrected by saying a unicorn has a horn, so she said it is Pegasus.

Maybe this time is was QVC's mistake and not the guest's fault.:thinking:

:wait: Both the other times it was definitely her mistake!

Maxine Becker.

Shame not to have a bit more attention to detail about the different charms, emblems and embellishments. If someone has a particular interest in Ganesh, or other characters from religion or mythology it could be a great way to draw in new sales... a genuine opportunity missed by not doing homework... and I don't suppose QVC have said anything about it.

By contrast, I know when they do Ottoman Silver with Mehmet, I enjoy his stories and explanations of the significance of different symbols like the evil eye and the hamza.. it's a good way to make the time go with information without just repeating vapid oohs and aahs, isn't it?

I have forgotten her name for the moment, you know who I mean, that person who is the guest for Bibi Bijoux, is she called Maxine?

She forever calls the beads as "balls" ( she thinks she is being funny) and cannot say Swarovski crystal.

Once she called the Miraculous Medals of the Blessed Virgin Mary as coins!!

She brings a lot of pieces of bracelets and necklaces with coins, so she ought to know her coins from the Holy medals, simply by shapes at least.

Coins are usually round and Miraculous Medals of Blessed Mary are usually oval ( there are some variations in shapes, I agree, but anyone with eyes can tell the difference .)

Miraculas Medals Of Mary:.......>
290px-Miraculous_medal.jpg

Coins: ..................>
p.jpg

Once she called the charm of Ganesha as Buddha .

And now she has brought Pegasus as Unicorn:headbang:

OK, we can forgive her for not knowing Ganesha from Buddha (even though you ought to know what you are selling)

I think she got a few Catholics annoyed by saying the Holy medals as coins but she ought to know Unicorn has a horn and Pegasus has wings:mysmilie_503:

I think Catherine corrected by saying a unicorn has a horn, so she said it is Pegasus.

Maybe this time is was QVC's mistake and not the guest's fault.:thinking:

:wait: Both the other times it was definitely her mistake!

May I be so bold as to correct you, no all coins are round.:mysmilie_50:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...j0j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I quite like Maxine which is surprising as I dislike that TOWIE/Eastenders accent and type, but as I'm not interested in anything with a holy medal or other religious symbols I wouldn't have taken any notice of what she was saying.

I agree with MML and also feel it's not professional to have gaps in knowledge pertaining to the products being represented.If somebody,like Mehmet,comes on with good products at reasonable prices and is able to impart interesting facts rather than as MML you say the annoying 'ahhing' ,I think customers feel they are more credible .They are certainly more watchable.

Last edited:
I'd steer well clear of any holy relics, but I too like Maxine. She seems so very non-QVC which is refreshing.

One of the presenters was teasing her about a new boyfriend and she blushed like a teenager, somehow it endeared her to me as she seemed so vulnerable despite her sales patter.

:mysmilie_504: I agree, that is why I posted that shapes do vary ( in the brackets) :happy: I have two silver Holy medals from Lourdes that are round and of course we have all sorts of coins in different shapes. ... but Maxine ought to know Holy Mary from say Emperor Augustus :wink:.
Hahaha, yes. However, maybe it was dark :mysmilie_17:

Mrs "Balls" Makes "b***s Of It Again !

Yet another guest I can't watch, I hate all her innueno sales spiel , plus I am not interested in her over priced baubles....

I found it unintentionally hilarious - it was like a Carry On film with Chuntley as Babs and Maxine as Sid James going on about his 'balls' - haven't got anything against people who like frogs either, but that section also reminded me of the Little Britain character who's obsessed with frogs or the toad breeder from League of Gentlemen!!!!!

Latest posts

Back