My middle name is ............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
DISCONTINUED

Throughout my life whenever I find a product / item that I love then within months, nee weeks, when I go to buy it again its "sorry its discontinued" aaaaaaaaagh !

My latest must have that's no longer available is Elemis Total Glow Bronzing Lotion. Ok its no doubt ceased production months ago, but a tube lasts me months !!!!! I have since found stockists onlline, but how long before they too have limited stocks. This has led me to buy more than I currently need, but stockpiling is my only option !

Cooking ingredients are notorious for this.
Co-op had a great beef cooking sauce in a jar with herbs and spices in the lid - fabulous. No longer available
Waitrose & Sainsbury's had long life potatoes with bacon & onion in a sealed foil envelope (to fry in the pan) - wonderful as a stock cupboard standby. Dead and gone.
M & S stocked a tasty Yorkshire Blue cheese. Not anymore.

On and on it goes. Shades of lipstick, brands of foundation, and the worst of the lot are the hair colour companies who ditch a particular blonding tint, and which I buy like a woman possessed when I do find it in some obscure chemist in a side street !........all consigned to the land of Discontinued.

Grrrrrrrrr!

DISCONTINUED

Throughout my life whenever I find a product / item that I love then within months, nee weeks, when I go to buy it again its "sorry its discontinued" aaaaaaaaagh !

My latest must have that's no longer available is Elemis Total Glow Bronzing Lotion. Ok its no doubt ceased production months ago, but a tube lasts me months !!!!! I have since found stockists onlline, but how long before they too have limited stocks. This has led me to buy more than I currently need, but stockpiling is my only option !

Cooking ingredients are notorious for this.
Co-op had a great beef cooking sauce in a jar with herbs and spices in the lid - fabulous. No longer available
Waitrose & Sainsbury's had long life potatoes with bacon & onion in a sealed foil envelope (to fry in the pan) - wonderful as a stock cupboard standby. Dead and gone.
M & S stocked a tasty Yorkshire Blue cheese. Not anymore.

On and on it goes. Shades of lipstick, brands of foundation, and the worst of the lot are the hair colour companies who ditch a particular blonding tint, and which I buy like a woman possessed when I do find it in some obscure chemist in a side street !........all consigned to the land of Discontinued.

Grrrrrrrrr!
I feel your pain! Sainsbury's did a pasta sauce with vegetables in it. A white sauce rather than tomato. Disappeared without warning. M&S used to do a treacle and walnut tart. Gone never to return.
Clarins have discontinued many a favourite of mine... as have other beauty brsnds. Fragrances too. Even when they return they are not the same. Yes, Rochas, I'm talking about the original Femme.

Yep that's my middle name too. The toiletries brand I used to swear by has discontinued my favourite fragrance in foam bath and if that's not bad enough they've replaced my exfoliating shower gel, my lipbalm and facepack with inferior and foul smelling products. The Co-op replaced the most wonderful decaf ground coffee with a horrible bitter tasting alternative, Boots no 7 plum beautiful lipstick has changed from a beautiful plum colour to a shitty brown. Punjaban have replaced their plumptuous chilli naan breads with larger ones that not only cost more, they're as dry as a nun's undercarriage and completely tasteless and tweaked their lime pickle that used to contain huge chunks of lime to a thin watery consistency with the tiniest pieces of lime - might as well just buy Sharwoods - So ****** annoying.
Waitrose Duchy organic Red Leicester was to die for - that's gone....I'll stop here 'cause i'm getting annoyed lol!

The Co.op own brand brown sauce, the best ever, better than HP. Gone. Also, their own brand large sausage rolls gone. No gristle in the meat. The manager of my local branch insisted they only did them in the summer for picnics. Three years later, never seen again.

Rochas Femme, eBay. I was very, very lucky to get a bottle pre-1989 when they changed the formula, adding cumin. On eBay it was parfum de toilette, usually the price is out of my budget, but I struck gold. Madam Rochas my mum wore now, and then I got 2 bottle of the pdt and at goods prices.

I DON'T BELIEEEEVE IT !!!

After the last burst of extreme heat I decided to invest in a Dyson AM07Cool Fan. Checked all the prices and surprise surprise QVC was the 'cheapest'. So I bought it over 3 payments - which is an anathema to me. Anyway it was delivered and installed - highly delighted.

I'm still laughing, I've just discovered ......... its been discontinued !!!! not that I want to buy another one, but this isn't the first time that QVC are flogging 'stuff' that is discontinued or soon to be.

I feel your pain. So many things I could list, discontinued. Grrrr.......... Then an inferior product comes out and my favourite never to be seen again. I wrote a while back to M & S asking them to bring back some of my favourite foods. Never heard anything back from them. I used to love No. 17 lipstick from Boots, now gone. Have struggled since then to find a lipstick that I like, and that stays on for longer than half an hour.

Yep that's my middle name too. The toiletries brand I used to swear by has discontinued my favourite fragrance in foam bath and if that's not bad enough they've replaced my exfoliating shower gel, my lipbalm and facepack with inferior and foul smelling products. The Co-op replaced the most wonderful decaf ground coffee with a horrible bitter tasting alternative, Boots no 7 plum beautiful lipstick has changed from a beautiful plum colour to a shitty brown. Punjaban have replaced their plumptuous chilli naan breads with larger ones that not only cost more, they're as dry as a nun's undercarriage and completely tasteless and tweaked their lime pickle that used to contain huge chunks of lime to a thin watery consistency with the tiniest pieces of lime - might as well just buy Sharwoods - So ****** annoying.
Waitrose Duchy organic Red Leicester was to die for - that's gone....I'll stop here 'cause i'm getting annoyed lol!

Mine are too numerous to mention - virtually every product in Marks not helped by using different suppliers due to the protocol.

Underwear is another.

Even the most basic household items all get changed just for the sake of change.

If I get something (anything) I really like I buy up as much as I can because sure as eggs are eggs it will change before long.

Oh yes, original Femme, what a gorgeous perfume that was, the replacement with cumin smelled disgusting.
Clarins have done themselves no favours by replacing their iconic cleansers and toners with inferior new ones.

My favourite EL lipstick was discontinued a few years ago, I went to every shop I could that sold it. and managed to get the last 4.
I'm now about to open the last ever 1 :cry:

Avon Power Stay eye liner pencil. Absolutely stayed put all night even on my hooded eye lids. When I went to buy more it was not to be seen. There was a “felt pen” version but not the pencil. Gutted. Managed to get two on eBay.

A QVC related one was a number of years ago now but was Mojave Magic’s Everyday Colour; a universal blush, lip eye colour. A cream formula, it was perfect.

I like 3/4 length leg pyjamas. Always bought in M&S £12.50 a pair, I get two years out of them washing ironing and wearing. So two weeks ago wander in a bit of a sale to go look at the pyjamas, usually down to £9.50 in the sale. They have stopped selling them! Full length, which I have to turn up! Or vest top with shorts, no!

Went to Dunnes and got the ones I want for £6 a pair, so bought 4 pairs.

I like 3/4 length leg pyjamas. Always bought in M&S £12.50 a pair, I get two years out of them washing ironing and wearing. So two weeks ago wander in a bit of a sale to go look at the pyjamas, usually down to £9.50 in the sale. They have stopped selling them! Full length, which I have to turn up! Or vest top with shorts, no!

Went to Dunnes and got the ones I want for £6 a pair, so bought 4 pairs.
Ironing. Pyjamas…..? 😯😀

Coty L`Aimant creme perfume in the little black bottle with the dabber. Only the liquid spray stuff now made and the creme one smelled so much nicer.
Rochas Femme now smells like curry to me, horrible !
For some strange reason I seem to be struggling to find jars of tartare sauce lately and apple cider vinegar.

Vienna, my first job on leaving school was at Pfizer at Sandwich who didn't only manufacture medicines and vaccines, but Coty was under their umbrella too. The staff shop was awash with cosmetics, and back in 1965 I was buying L'Aimant creme perfume in its black bottle AND in a gift box for 1/6d !! You brought back memories - haven't seen it for years. Muguet de Bois was another perfume under the same brand. There was also another name - something like Rowney - can't remember it now. We also did Limmits and Trimmits the dieting biscuits as well as the flavoured shake drinks. Happy days.

It started when I was 17 with a Goya lipstick, I was so disappointed and searched everywhere. We had a small independent chemist and were lucky they had a lipstick and California sun foundation my sister loved but was consigned to the bargain basket so they were discontinued. We felt like we had the kiss of death if we liked certain products and my lipstick now has just been discontinued with no near colour match in the new range so I bought three from different brands to try and make my own, not the same :mad: Had a major problem with a discontinued primer that Q used to do, I was so twitched trying a new one as I have extremely sensitive skin but good old Clinique works for me although it is silly money:(

Mine are too numerous to mention - virtually every product in Marks not helped by using different suppliers due to the protocol.

Underwear is another.

Even the most basic household items all get changed just for the sake of change.

If I get something (anything) I really like I buy up as much as I can because sure as eggs are eggs it will change before long.

Even if they don't discontinue, they lower the quality. I've been buying the same multi-packer knickers from M&S for years yet every few years they change where they get them from and then get thinner and thinner.

I have a few pairs that I 'kept for best' from 20 years ago. The quality of the same style this year is terrible. It's extremely annoying as people repeat buy for a reason - they like what they bought previously!

I fell into the really bad habit of stocking up on things I thought would be discontinued but no more. I have way too much crap in the house and the newer stuff is never as good as the original. Unfortunately :mad:

Avon Power Stay eye liner pencil. Absolutely stayed put all night even on my hooded eye lids. When I went to buy more it was not to be seen. There was a “felt pen” version but not the pencil. Gutted. Managed to get two on eBay.

A QVC related one was a number of years ago now but was Mojave Magic’s Everyday Colour; a universal blush, lip eye colour. A cream formula, it was perfect.
Don't get me started on Avon. It seems that it's part of their business model to have an ever changing range of products, apart from the Skin So Soft range, the bubble baths in the tall ridged bottles, nothing seems to survive. I used to be a rep many moons ago and bought some lovely things all which have been long discontinued. There are far too many products that I loved and lost thanks to Avon, most of all Odyssey perfume and Tranquil moments bath foam and soap, I also loved their rich moisture skin cream. Funnily enough I looked that up the other day but of course there was no trace of it!
Good news for those who used to love Rimmel Heather shimmer lipstick, it's still available and still the same!

Latest posts

Back