Nail strengthening brands

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Tried them all, don't rate OPI, Nails Inc so so, loved Microcell fab results but commitment needed too time consuming. Bought Cutex all in one strengthener with ho hum give it a go attitude, well, I haven’t had a broken nail since using and that’s either one application or, depending where I’m going, two applications a week. I am so pleased. Just bought their intense recovery treatment for unpolished nails and will report back on results. Superdrug had this range on offer but without offers the prices are excellent.

OPI worked great then my nails used to snap off. I was told I have dehydrated nails and really need moisture. So I started rubbing in Liz Earle Balm and that helped then I found Trind Balm and never looked back I actually have to file my nails down now. Trind can be difficult to find but worth it.

I initially used OPI matte as a treatment and my nails now grow like weeds. I now just use it as a base coat, when I wear a coloured varnish, to prevent staining the natural nail.

Although my nails are long and usually varnished, I still ensure that they don’t dry out and become brittle. Occasionally I use the OPI oil, but I usually apply Margaret Dabbs nail and cuticle serum in the evening. I did have a ridge on one nail, but her serum has sorted that out completely.

OPI worked great then my nails used to snap off. I was told I have dehydrated nails and really need moisture. So I started rubbing in Liz Earle Balm and that helped then I found Trind Balm and never looked back I actually have to file my nails down now. Trind can be difficult to find but worth it.

Is this the stuff? https://www.victoriahealth.com/product/Trind-Nail-Balsam/10773

I am intrigued as my nails are a nightmare and break at the drop of a hat.

Does anyone have any suggestions for vertical ridges on some nails and horizontal ridges on others (seriously, my nails are a nightmare).

Vitamin deficiencies can cause ridges May, diabetes and arthritis. Thyroid problems wreak havoc with nails, ageing too. My sis has a ridge that is split at the end which I keep gluing with a repair system but she does the dishes without gloves and I tell her off all the time. She suffers from fibromyalgia and feels this has contributed, she has always had naturally beautiful nails whereas mine have always needed every bit of help they can get.

I have the same problem May so can understand your irritation. I only use cruelty free products but have yet to find a suitable one for my tissue paper nails so I've come up with my own system. I use a clear or nude polish, Technic or Barry M, one coat every other day & remove it weekly. I rub vitamin E oil into my cuticles morning & evening & have handcream in all my bags, by the bed & next to kitchen sink & the wash basins. I have a split in my left little fingernail that appears when the free edge is about 3 millimeteres long & it catches on every scrap of material. I coat this nail with a glitter polish that welds it together, much better than the fiddle of making a patch by putting minute pieces of tea bag edging on to sticky polish! Finally, I joined Slimming World just over a year ago & fat free Greek Style Yogurt is my go to food, as well as getting back to the weight I was 20 years ago I've seen an improvement in my nails that I can only put down to the amount of calcium I'm consuming.

Latest posts

Back