Natasha Asghar QVC Presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Look at the headline - 'First woman of colour' . Why can't they just leave it alone & be satisfied that she was voted in?

Spot on. I'm pretty sure other women who led the way over the past one hundred years and more didn't need to gush about it like they do these days. They just got on with it.

It makes me feel they're surprised they got in which is really off-putting.

It would be really nice if she will support women's rights. We'll see.

I'm not actually mentioning the colour 'issue' because I firmly believe that, as SisterBliss has also pointed out, it's up to them to stand. I don't think that many do in either sex.

Why do they have to say "colour" anyway? What does it matter? A woman is voted in and that's surely a good thing for other women. They wouldn't say "woman with no legs voted in" if she was disabled. Well I'm assuming that wouldn't be the headline!

CC

Look at the headline - 'First woman of colour' . Why can't they just leave it alone & be satisfied that she was voted in?
Note that 'they' =the media oto.

Spot on. I'm pretty sure other women who led the way over the past one hundred years and more didn't need to gush about it like they do these days. They just got on with it.

It makes me feel they're surprised they got in which is really off-putting.

It would be really nice if she will support women's rights. We'll see.

I'm not actually mentioning the colour 'issue' because I firmly believe that, as SisterBliss has also pointed out, it's up to them to stand. I don't think that many do in either sex.
Thanks so much, Alter.

They could have had Diane Abbott - they only had to ask.

She never graduated from Style & didn't write a blog. I saw her a few times & the way she presented was like being hit by a wave on a shingle beach. The tat peddlers must be doing extra shifts with Julia being away, Ali K on holiday & the winter lurgies they've experienced. Consequently, I'd have thought that if she was still there she'd be doing the hours on Style she'd always done & even some on the main channel.
Where’s Julia gone then ?

But did many WOC actually stand for election? I haven't looked in to it.

Is the vote made by members of the public?
How do you think politicians get voted into Scottish and Welsh Parliaments?

One of the two elected into Scottish Parliament has stood 5 times previous. Natasha had not stood for Welsh Parliament previously but stood as Westminster candidate in 2015 and 2017.

Does this mean that one day we could have a former QVC presenter leading the country...Imagine Freebie Flint at number 10!
That's probably on her tick list:
TV presenter✔️
TV talent show contestant✔️
Member of MENSA✔️
Author✔️
'Tutor'✔️
Charity ambassador✔️
B&B Chatelaine✔️
Margaret Thatcher#2:eek:

Her father was a Councillor and then a member of Welsh Parliament until his death last year so am sure she knows fair bit.
Her father represented three different political parties & wasn't a stranger to controversy, however, he was a man with many interests & talents & I know a couple of people who described him as a breath of fresh air.

All they need to be is the right person for the job, well in my world anyway.
Self serving, arrogant individuals who practise nepotism & could have had the saying "Do as I say, not as I do” written about them. I can't think of a decent politician of any party or at any level.

One of the two elected into Scottish Parliament has stood 5 times previous. Natasha had not stood for Welsh Parliament previously but stood as Westminster candidate in 2015 and 2017.

By democracy - members of the public choosing who they want in power.

Surely we will only have reached true equality when gender, race, creed, colour, sexuality, disability etc etc is totally irrelevant and not mentioned in news reports.

While it is spoken about in news reports et al it only emphasises any issues by treating it as something extraordinary, wouldn't it better to treat is as an ordinary, everyday happening?

Will I see the day when the headlines say “straight white female does ……” and spend 10 pages and 2 hours of TV going on about it.

Why can’t people just be people and let others judge them by their capabilities.

Because that won't stir up trouble or cause bad feeling which is what the media want because bad news sells newspapers and gets viewing figures up.

In my life I've had friends/family/colleagues who have been ethnic minorities, gay/lesbian, disabled, white, fun, awful, mean, supportive and a whole host of other things. Some people you like and some you don't/are indifferent to. The outer wrapping is irrelevant.

CC

But did many WOC actually stand for election? I haven't looked in to it.

Is the vote made by members of the public?

What do you mean is the vote made by members of the public?

I live in South Wales and there are very few people of colour here. In fact the life I live I don't see anything other than white. Oh we have a black GP. But I don't see his colour I just see a doctor and a person.

Natasha needs to up her game considerably. She can't even pronounce the name of the Senedd and she's supposed to be working there tomorrow. Well later TODAY. I'd hazard a guess she's been shoe horned in because of her Father. I think it is a regional seat so she's been elected by proportional represention. 60 seats in the Senedd, 40 first past the post constituency and then 20 region by proportional representation. I can't find the exact algorithm they use. I keep meaning to ask someone as I've tried to find it and failed.

Labour dominates politics in South Wales. No other political party has as long a record anywhere I think in the western world, certainly Europe as Labour has in South Wales. 99 years of Labour MPs, 22 years of Assembly/Senedd members, councils. (I've never voted Labour.). Councils are dominated. I remember someone forcing an election because people didn't stand against Labour. I take my hat off to that woman. It's changing SLOWLY, but very very slowly.

Latest posts

Back