New all time low in fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
....Or should I say hi-low?!
1620638370895.png
Sadly I can only seem to post a picture in the black, you can see the awfulness much more clearly in the lighter colours. It looks like it's been put together by a committee. Hi/lo hem of course, weird seam going across the top of the sleeve, flap of fabric across the front, side slits that make it hang in bunches at the front, stiff collar and placket, it's paper thin, and completely see through - and it's £56.45! If one of you clever lot can post a picture of the one of the lighter ones that'd be great, so we can pick more holes in it...that wouldn't be difficult as it's so flimsy!

....Or should I say hi-low?!View attachment 21201Sadly I can only seem to post a picture in the black, you can see the awfulness much more clearly in the lighter colours. It looks like it's been put together by a committee. Hi/lo hem of course, weird seam going across the top of the sleeve, flap of fabric across the front, side slits that make it hang in bunches at the front, stiff collar and placket, it's paper thin, and completely see through - and it's £56.45! If one of you clever lot can post a picture of the one of the lighter ones that'd be great, so we can pick more holes in it...that wouldn't be difficult as it's so flimsy!
It must be Marla Wynn. The fabric looks as if it would be hot to wear, especially as you need something underneath. But she must have a following since she keeps coming back.

The only good thing you could say is there were some nice colours

I would like to see if the folk who buy this actually look better in RL but I think because they are so big and shapeless that it’s maybe the larger sizes who migrate towards Marla’s stuff.

I cant understand how this could be popular. Chiffon is a 'non-fabric' that does little except being uncontrollable in the slightest breeze, the slightest mark and its in the wash, and I certainly wouldn't consider wearing it during the day - its an evening fabric for floaty frocks at a Gala !

I cant understand how this could be popular. Chiffon is a 'non-fabric' that does little except being uncontrollable in the slightest breeze, the slightest mark and its in the wash, and I certainly wouldn't consider wearing it during the day - its an evening fabric for floaty frocks at a Gala !
And you'd sweat your way through it ! Nasty pong on a fabric like that.

...or a scarf!!!! MW's designs (if you can call them that) seem to be different for the sake of it, regardless or whether or not it's practical or wearable. This particular offering despite coming in some quite nice colours for a change, has far too much going on, and just looks weird and ****** awful. You need to wear something underneath to protect your modesty - pointless nasty garment like most of her overpriced crap!

Of course it’s ‘our Marl’ she is doing a collaboration with Outdoor Persuits turn your outfit into a tent, Kaghool or in this case a Mosquito net.She has a ‘following’ but how many returns? I would have more chance of coming up on the Lottery, which I never do, than getting the right size in a MW creation.I doubt there is a ‘right’ just ‘truly awful’ / awful & ‘can’t be bothered to return’.

....Or should I say hi-low?!View attachment 21201Sadly I can only seem to post a picture in the black, you can see the awfulness much more clearly in the lighter colours. It looks like it's been put together by a committee. Hi/lo hem of course, weird seam going across the top of the sleeve, flap of fabric across the front, side slits that make it hang in bunches at the front, stiff collar and placket, it's paper thin, and completely see through - and it's £56.45! If one of you clever lot can post a picture of the one of the lighter ones that'd be great, so we can pick more holes in it...that wouldn't be difficult as it's so flimsy!

Attachments

• 8294B78D-71BE-4BCC-9556-FE7EDF0103C6.jpeg
    8294B78D-71BE-4BCC-9556-FE7EDF0103C6.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 269
A pointless garment IMO & the only use it has is to hide middle aged arms. We obviously have no idea of style :cool: because it's got 13 5* reviews, here are a few from the sycophants, I mean fans:

'Price not too much considering it is a Marla top'. I don't know if this means the reviewer thinks that Marla's items are usually too expensive OR that they are true designer pieces so this one's a bargain.

'The cut of her clothes is second to none. they just make you look and feel amazing, that alone is worth the extra pennies to me'. I couldn't analyse this one because I was laughing so much.

'Love the pleat and will certainly be buying MW again'. Pleat!!!

Yesterday Chunts was wearing the green version of that bombed TSV, the one with the bleach design all down the front. Bad and all as it was she was wearing a matching shrug. When I say shrug I mean 2 sleeves as it didn’t even cover her armpits and made her generous chesticles look like 2 prized pumpkins at the local county fair.

A pointless garment IMO & the only use it has is to hide middle aged arms. We obviously have no idea of style :cool: because it's got 13 5* reviews, here are a few from the sycophants, I mean fans:

'Price not too much considering it is a Marla top'. I don't know if this means the reviewer thinks that Marla's items are usually too expensive OR that they are true designer pieces so this one's a bargain.

'The cut of her clothes is second to none. they just make you look and feel amazing, that alone is worth the extra pennies to me'. I couldn't analyse this one because I was laughing so much.

'Love the pleat and will certainly be buying MW again'. Pleat!!!
🤣🤣

Of course it’s ‘our Marl’ she is doing a collaboration with Outdoor Persuits turn your outfit into a tent, Kaghool or in this case a Mosquito net.She has a ‘following’ but how many returns? I would have more chance of coming up on the Lottery, which I never do, than getting the right size in a MW creation.I doubt there is a ‘right’ just ‘truly awful’ / awful & ‘can’t be bothered to return’.
Did you see the ribbed tank top with matching shrug? It's worth a laugh to check it out.

Did you see the ribbed tank top with matching shrug? It's worth a laugh to check it out.
Just have! That's just so awful. What on earth is that pattern supposed to be? It looks like somebody's fallen over in a muddy field and decided to roll around in it - Surprised they've not used this as a selling point - "This outfit comes pre-stained, so you don't have to" or better still "If you spill your dinner down it, nobody will notice, 'cause it'll look like part of the pattern"! The top and shrug (described as a kimono) worn together in different colourways - I have no words to describe how appalling it looks or to convey my shock that this ensemble would cost £184.40!!!! -Seriously?!!!

Some of the flappy slits on the "drama" pieces remind me of cutting paper chains in school. All they do is make you look bigger and unwieldy and how would you stop those bits of material getting in everything?
Couldn't agree more, and when the model turns around the back 'piece' is just a square flappy bit of fabric that isn't flattering, and like you say makes the wearer huuuuuge !

Latest posts

Back