New for 2019

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
QVC has become very samey-samey, particularly over recent years. We all know that they'll be touting the same old brands, that horrid munchkin will be squeezing ketchup up the floor and Fiona will speak in a patronising voice while her fringe covers her eyes. Liz Earle will win a a gong at the QVC Beauty Awards hosted live and direct from a Surrey Travelodge.

What predictions can you make for anything NEW?

I predict Cath Huntley will turn her hand to novel-writing. Her autobiog will be called: "YoYo! The ups and downs of a serial dieter."

Julia Roberts will make an early retirement. Her departure will be low-key.

There will be another meat scandal / TRPC will cease trading.

Live hours will be reduced.

Will Gowing will become more of a fully-fledged presenter.

Julius, your crystal ball is intriguing. I'm agreeing with you that JR might semi-retire or retire. I believe the live hours will be reduced and the recordings of the main products of the day will be re-run. TRPC I think is on a sticky wicket although QVC might prop them up. Anything is possible with Ms Huntley.

I think more beauty brands will come in, possibly from the US. I think Glen Campbell might start his own cheeky little fashion range, maybe accessories. I think Andi Peters will steal all the good ideas from the food brands they have had on the food fest and start his own foodie range. QVC will dredge up some Z list people to punt more jewellery, scarves, homewares.

Actually Julius, I don't think there will be anything NEW, just re-vamped usual. Personally I'd like to see them do more pet things but practical items at sensible prices. Pets are a multi million pound business and I for one do spend on my dog. I also think they should get more into the plus size fashion but a dedicated brand with modern designs, especially for a younger market. They'd make a bomb. Maybe they need me and you in advisory role at a huge salary :mysmilie_17:

CC

I agree about the whole pet thing. QVC occasionally do bird bath / water feature things. However much I disliked Richard Jackson I'm sure his bird food was pretty good. I think a tracking device collar for cats and dogs would be a popular product. Jill could have put one on Scruncher and tracked his whereabouts, alas his fate will likely remain unknown. He will remain the Madeleine McCann of the bulldog world.

In 2019 Chuntley will probably move from veganism to a meat-only diet. The carnivore diet seems to be the latest YouTube fad and she usually jumps on the bandwaggon 6 months after the "influencers". Expect to see her flogging meat pies and pork scratchings before the year is out. (She's already been upbraided by a customer on the Q website for extoling the virtues of using Gatineau in her own routine which is neither vegan nor cruelty-free, so she's clearly not an ethical vegan).

Last edited:
In 2019 Chuntley will probably move from veganism to a meat-only diet. The carnivore diet seems to be the latest YouTube fad and she usually jumps on the bandwaggon 6 months after the "influencers". Expect to see her flogging meat pies and pork scratchings before the year is out. (She's already been upbraided by a customer on the Q website for extoling the virtues of using Gatineau in her own routine which is neither vegan nor cruelty-free, so she's clearly not an ethical vegan).

I predict she'll revive her copper-toned hairdo and will go for the "Connie from AOL" look.

I predict Julie Bates will wring and clasp her hands in excitement as she fizzes over her presentation of an overpriced faux agapanthus in a bottle.

One thing I am always surprised with is that they don't ever do more fully-fledged 'man-shows', I am not talking tech (sorry 'sexist :)), but fashion and even (dare I say it) grooming. I mean I know that the major brands do the 'odd' products at Christmas and occasionally through the year and there are the occasional shoes/slippers/clothes for the men, but not fully fledged hours. The same with Children ranges (again other than the 'toy shop'), I know with regards to Children's clothing products they may be legalities involved but still I do wonder... (spend most of my time 'wondering lonely as a cloud'.....)

No, there have already got Ryden flogging his candels etc, so it is a case of just trying to think what other 'reality TV' Z-listers who want a bit of cash.

My prediction is Gemma Collins doing a new 'large size' exclusively for Q (I know she already has done one for the High Street so there is 'scope' there). I know Lisa Riley did one for another 'selly telly' channel, but it kind of loses it's imputeous once the person loses a load of weight (good for her but not exactly good for the 'business).

Other predictions, well there is clearly going to be a new presenter as there is a picture and a 'place-holder' on the Q Community page.

Debbie Flint being even 'more', selling books, the occasional mention of her other business (something about writing I believe).
JR- Yes, I feel like the 'Garden Gnome' she will be going into semi-retirement.

As for less hours I can't see that, I know that years ago they dropped the 1am-2am show but aside from that I don't necessairly think they will. I know that they now how pre-recorded segments, intermingled with live hourse (beauty pick of the month, in a 'live show'), so yes more of this, but I can't see them dropping the number of hours per se.

I personally would like more tech shows and not repeating the same brands. Whilst I don't buy my tech from Q, it gives me a good idea of which products to 'avoid' knowing that Q is trying to 'flog them'. The exception with that though is the 'fruity tech' but even then wouldn't buy from Q, I mean would anyone pay £200 extra for a peice of useless paper (tech-support I am looking at you).

Some of the Guest Presenters though I wish they would bring in as full-time presenters or certainly guest presenting more. The person I am particular meaning is April who presents the Snowdonia Cheese, she has I think more potential. The one thing I am really really grateful for though is that Lucy Piper came back when she did, she was far better (I know to some that might be saying a lot), than the American who was there for around a month (I forget her name, just know that she was a bit 'arghhh').
I will go now!

There will be more vouchers, a wedding series for Queen Julia & lots of Dyson products; maybe the mighty Q will get Sir James & his team to develop one that, with a change of nozzle, goes from cleaning the floor to doing your hair. In reality it'll be the same with the sales staff being just as rude & conceited as they have been this year, last year, the year before that...

One thing I am always surprised with is that they don't ever do more fully-fledged 'man-shows', I am not talking tech (sorry 'sexist :)), but fashion and even (dare I say it) grooming. I mean I know that the major brands do the 'odd' products at Christmas and occasionally through the year and there are the occasional shoes/slippers/clothes for the men, but not fully fledged hours. The same with Children ranges (again other than the 'toy shop'), I know with regards to Children's clothing products they may be legalities involved but still I do wonder... (spend most of my time 'wondering lonely as a cloud'.....)

No, there have already got Ryden flogging his candels etc, so it is a case of just trying to think what other 'reality TV' Z-listers who want a bit of cash.

My prediction is Gemma Collins doing a new 'large size' exclusively for Q (I know she already has done one for the High Street so there is 'scope' there). I know Lisa Riley did one for another 'selly telly' channel, but it kind of loses it's imputeous once the person loses a load of weight (good for her but not exactly good for the 'business).

Other predictions, well there is clearly going to be a new presenter as there is a picture and a 'place-holder' on the Q Community page.

Debbie Flint being even 'more', selling books, the occasional mention of her other business (something about writing I believe).
JR- Yes, I feel like the 'Garden Gnome' she will be going into semi-retirement.

As for less hours I can't see that, I know that years ago they dropped the 1am-2am show but aside from that I don't necessairly think they will. I know that they now how pre-recorded segments, intermingled with live hourse (beauty pick of the month, in a 'live show'), so yes more of this, but I can't see them dropping the number of hours per se.

I personally would like more tech shows and not repeating the same brands. Whilst I don't buy my tech from Q, it gives me a good idea of which products to 'avoid' knowing that Q is trying to 'flog them'. The exception with that though is the 'fruity tech' but even then wouldn't buy from Q, I mean would anyone pay £200 extra for a peice of useless paper (tech-support I am looking at you).

Some of the Guest Presenters though I wish they would bring in as full-time presenters or certainly guest presenting more. The person I am particular meaning is April who presents the Snowdonia Cheese, she has I think more potential. The one thing I am really really grateful for though is that Lucy Piper came back when she did, she was far better (I know to some that might be saying a lot), than the American who was there for around a month (I forget her name, just know that she was a bit 'arghhh').
I will go now!

I completely agree with you on the man thing, Rose. It always surprises me too just how relatively few "man products" there are on QVC. Maybe QVC's management still run on some 1970s world view where the man is out playing golf, driving sports cars while his obedient wifey stays home polishing the banisters using a can of Pledge and a yellow duster?

When she's done with all that housework she whips up a fabulous sponge cake using the Kitchen Aid in time for when little Jack and Jemima finish school. She'll don her Skechers / Ryker shoes then go and pick them up in her Range Rover Evoque (or Nissan Juke if they're a bit lower class) and drive them across the vast, sprawling urban metropolis back to the detached 5-bedroom manoir in a leafy suburb where the sponge cake takes pride of place atop the highly-polished granite work surface.

Then they'll sit there, cosying in an ambiance of augmented hygge enjoying tea and cake as the real log fire crackles away in the inglenook. The Peony faux flaaaaahs and Kelly Hoppen vases are strategically placed to give a feeling of understated luxury.

When all the family stuff is done and the children in bed, she'll indulge in some "me-time" and pour some l'Occitane allmond, lavender and bergamont oyl into her roll-top bath and imagine she's Joan Collins in Dynasty. Then she'll apply her melatogenine to her face and décolleté area and some l'occitane (Lavender, not mint) foot cweam before going to snuggle under her Northern Nights duvet (still going strong) and KH sham on her Tempur mattress, the Yankee Candle "Sweet Dreams" lulling her into a gentle slumber as it flickers on her mahogany dressing table.

Did I not hear April the cheese lady telling Andi Peters to shut the f*** up during the foodie hour recently? Maybe I dreamt it or it was just wishful thinking :mysmilie_17:

CC

Latest posts

Back