New look for QVC US

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Radiomike

Registered Shopper
QVC in the US has just launched a new logo:

https://www.qurateretailgroup.com/n...entity-to-elevate-mobile-and-social-shopping/

This is the best bit:

“The new logo combines a square representing the many screens through which customers connect with QVC, a circle reflecting the constant conversation QVC creates with and among its customers, and a line echoing both an open door to a vibrant community and the handle of a magnifying glass that stimulates discovery”

https://www.qurateretailgroup.com/n...entity-to-elevate-mobile-and-social-shopping/

This is the best bit:

“The new logo combines a square representing the many screens through which customers connect with QVC, a circle reflecting the constant conversation QVC creates with and among its customers, and a line echoing both an open door to a vibrant community and the handle of a magnifying glass that stimulates discovery”

This is just begging to be submitted to Private Eye's Pseuds' Corner!

This is the best bit:

It's strange how their and my interpretations differ. To me, the logo represents two random roundish letters sandwiching the hand gesture I make at the tv when presenters come out with their tosh.

The whole article is just nonsense. What does this mean?

" ... our flagship QVC mobile app features bold, square modules and horizontal scrolling for binge-worthy video."

I'll never understand why these massive companies think that a logo change is ever something meaningful. The money it must cost rebranding every single item that features the logo must be enormous.

I'll never understand why these massive companies think that a logo change is ever something meaningful. The money it must cost rebranding every single item that features the logo must be enormous.

I totally agree. Like JLP and Waitrose changing the brand and logo to add &Partners. The result of this (and paying millions for that ridiculous Elton John promo masquerading as their Christmas ad)? The poor Partners didn't get a bonus last year!

I too can only see a Q in a box. The wording reminded me of the ad agency in W1A. I certainly don't think it is a particularly attractive logo!

Should have gone with a triangle, circle and a line and they'd have the Deathly Hallows!:witch:

Latest posts

Back