New look?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not seen Chuntley on air for a while but not sure I like the new hairdo?........ Both the colour and the style are rather severe

It's been like this for a while. She goes through colours the way Pipa used to, so I expect it'll change again before long. Personally I think she best suits being a blonde.

She's toned it down from a coppery shade to a bronze. As usual she's mentioned the weight she's put on with all the Easter eggs she's eaten. What's that, Cath? A mini egg?
I don't think I can watch any more...that Kim Mendleson's voice...she sounds like she's pissed!

When I first switched over this evening I didn't even recognise CH.

I wonder who chose her outfit - it's not a good advert for Kim's range as the mix of colours and styles just looks odd.

Skin tight knee length leggings do not go with sky high bright heels. Also matched with a floral tunic and a bolero - just odd and not a good showcasing of the range.

She's just told us now that she's lost a lot of weight and has got sagging skin! Make up your mind, Cath! Ew! I wish she'd stop talking about her sagging flaps! She must just be fishing for compliments! I'd like to go on as a guest and say, "Yeah actually do do look a little tubbier, come to think of it!" or: "Show us your sagging skin!"

There's no contradiction in what Catherine said. If you lose a lot of weight your skin is always loser than it was before the weight was gained. This is precisely why people have tummy tucks. And that you may have lost a lot of weight doesn't prevent you putting a bit back on if you eat too much at certain times. No contradiction at all. I would have thought this was an easy concept to grasp.

There's no contradiction in what Catherine said. If you lose a lot of weight your skin is always loser than it was before the weight was gained. This is precisely why people have tummy tucks. And that you may have lost a lot of weight doesn't prevent you putting a bit back on if you eat too much at certain times. No contradiction at all. I would have thought this was an easy concept to grasp.

I glean she lost the large amount of weight years ago and any gain, if it stems from eating Easter eggs, would have been quite recent. I'm quite sure the significant weight loss would have left some sagging however I get the feeling she's fishing for compliments. Out of all the presenters she's one of the most trim. She could probably eat another 10 Easter eggs and look no different. I think she's done very well to get to where she has. Normally weight problems are for life, and this combined with the nature of the industry she works in makes her a little preoccupied. She certainly seems more grounded than Jill Franks - who also has an excellent figure.

Eww - can we move away from the 'saggy bits' topic - there are some images I'd rather not have in my head.

Errmmmm I not sure I know what all the sniping is about? Is there history here?

Not really, Claudiasmum. It's nothing more than a personality clash! Scout loves to dig out her dictionary and feel like she's telling someone off. Sometimes she even likes to press her space bar! I find the uber pedantry rather amusing!

Last edited:
Eww - can we move away from the 'saggy bits' topic - there are some images I'd rather not have in my head.

Don't worry, they were well hidden by Kim's floral creations - which are actually not all that bad. It's just her voice makes me feel like I'm drunk! Imagine someone with sagging flaps of skin under Michele Hope's stretchy lace! lol!

Lordy what is with the fringe? We have spent months gritting our teeth over Jill Franks fringe so now we are going to have to watch Chuntley constantly sweeping it away from her eyes.

Errmmmm I not sure I know what all the sniping is about? Is there history here?

I'm merely expressing my view because Julius most certainly does not "crack me up". I'm hoping he may one day write a post that isn't nasty, bitchy and vicious towards everyone he mentions. As he claims to be a journalist you'd think he'd be capable of putting a few words together that weren't at someone else's expense, but clearly not. He obviously thinks the diatribes he writes are hysterically funny, but there are quite a few here who disagree.

I'm merely expressing my view because Julius most certainly does not "crack me up". I'm hoping he may one day write a post that isn't nasty, bitchy and vicious towards everyone he mentions. As he claims to be a journalist you'd think he'd be capable of putting a few words together that weren't at someone else's expense, but clearly not. He obviously thinks the diatribes he writes are hysterically funny, but there are quite a few here who disagree.

Scouty, you're being a bit selective, innit! Maybe you didn't read what I wrote about Jan Springer and actually quite a few others. If anything your posts often betray more than a touch of vitriol. Go and read Alan Bennett's "A Lady of Letters" and you will surely see something of yourself in that persona. I can just imagine you sitting in your conservatory, green Crimplene skirt, Michele Hope stretchy lace, dish of stewed prunes sitting on the doily, dictionary and Basildon Bond at the ready as you pen an outraged epistle to the local MP in response to something you read in the Daily Express!

Last edited:
Oh my, how terribly funny, I can barely contain my laughter. You've obviously been sitting there trying to think up something you think is creative and unpleasant to post, because you added the last sentence some minutes after the rest. Not exactly a spontaneous talent. Well you can rest easy Julius because I intend to avoid your nasty, camp little attacks on people completely from now on. You're blocked, and it will be a delight to be free of such viciousness.

I won't be deprived of journalistic talent, though, because my neice is a proper journalist. She is an award-winning journalist with BBC News.

Oh my, how terribly funny, I can barely contain my laughter. You've obviously been sitting there trying to think up something you think is creative and unpleasant to post, because you added the last sentence some minutes after the rest. Not exactly a spontaneous talent. Well you can rest easy Julius because I intend to avoid your nasty, camp little attacks on people completely from now on. You're blocked, and it will be a delight to be free of such viciousness.

I won't be deprived of journalistic talent, though, because my neice is a proper journalist. She is an award-winning journalist with BBC News.

Ooh, BBC News. And there's me - a lowly tabloid hack! Actually I worked as a continuity announcer for the BBC World Service for 2 years from when I was 17! Still, it was a long time ago now. BBC World is OK. Most other areas of the BBC are full of awful, pedantic, nit-picky middle-class idiots. I think I will block her, too. On second thoughts, maybe not..Just think of the immense void not reading her pompous, self-righteous and hypocritical postings will leave in my life...actually, who gives a damn?!

Last edited:
Back on topic, I think Catherine's new hair colour/style puts years on her, and imo not the least bit flattering.

Latest posts

Back