New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the moment with Will standing in a lot and yet again this morning for The Morning Show with the still missing Simon.
I’m finding him quite watchable, really adaptable and puts a lot of the regulars in the shade. Seeming professional, able to get over the relevant information, and updates without too much hard sell plus interacts well with the guests in a polite manner.
So today Will has done 9am The Morning Show, 11am Kim & Co, 1pm Lunchtime Show and now the 5-7pm Christmas Grotto.

Will is one of the only presenters I can watch nowadays. He’s the only one who doesn’t get subjected to an immediate channel change. I think they could all learn something from him, even those who have been there for years/too long.

I've only really seen the one. I tend to watch Ideal World for my comedy. Not enough laughs on QVC.

The one I have watched, I thought she was truly abysmal. Inarticulate in the extreme. Ill at ease in front of the camera. And with very poor apparent prep in relation to the products she is presenting. Repeating herself constantly - probably due to the lack of a vocabulary. Just terrible. Watching somebody like that who clearly isn't cut out for the job, you have to ask yourself, was she taken on because she ticks a box, or do they see something in her that I can't see, that they think they can develop, and that she will become competent over time. Nonetheless, with me suspecting that QVC doesn't have a huge customer range aged in their early 20s who say absolutely, every second sentence, I don't quite see where she fits in currently other than to strive for even more pcness?

Stories has disappeared & the tat peddlers' blogs, now back to the original title of Meet the presenters, are with the small print at the bottom of the home page.

So, it seems that liking a giggle, promoting yourself on soshal meeja, performing on 'broadcast radio' (whatever that is), interviewing slebrities, and liking to shop appears to be the only criteria for getting a job on QVC, at the same time as filling their diversity quota.

I know we're in the age of BLM, but advertising agencies seem to have gone into overdrive in the other direction. Every model in magazines and most tv ads covering everything from fashion to incontinence pads are now mixed race with Afro hair, unless its one model who has loads of work.

Stories has disappeared & the tat peddlers' blogs, now back to the original title of Meet the presenters, are with the small print at the bottom of the home page.
Annaliese perception was that QVC was a little dated and only sold fuddy duddy clothing that would never appeal to someone like me.

Annaliese perception was that QVC was a little dated and only sold fuddy duddy clothing that would never appeal to someone like me.

About right then! lol

Did she write this herself? I very much doubt it as that isn’t the way she speaks. Just a
Q‘s PR SM department churning* out the Q mantra.

Minus 10 Marks for Hi GUYS grr

'After a vigorous training process the bosses finally let me on air...'
This confirms my words #80 in this thread; I didn't think for a nanosecond that new presenters wouldn't have been given extensive training. Such a shame she just sells tat as a side line to selling herself. Someone should remind her that she works for QVC, not MeMeMe.

I know we're in the age of BLM, but advertising agencies seem to have gone into overdrive in the other direction. Every model in magazines and most tv ads covering everything from fashion to incontinence pads are now mixed race with Afro hair, unless its one model who has loads of work.
Careful - you'll get sent to 'Diversity Training' if you go down that path 🤣

So, it seems that liking a giggle, promoting yourself on soshal meeja, performing on 'broadcast radio' (whatever that is), interviewing slebrities, and liking to shop appears to be the only criteria for getting a job on QVC, at the same time as filling their diversity quota.

I was watching Vera on ITV Hub & both the drama & the adverts showed a considerable number of mixed race relationships. Like many couples my Mr T & I know a fair number of people but only two couples are mixed. Adverts have always shown the ideal - years ago every person was slim & usually very attractive, products aimed at families, unless gender specific, would show one with an older son & pretty little daughter & grandparents were usually cuddly. Now the ideal is that we're a blended society, at ease with multiculturalism & as many genders as you can count.

Aren't they all just peddling tat though? All the presenters do is reel off boring measurements and say how much they love the clothes and what their dog is called and how they've got 10 balloon dresses or whatever.. At least the younger ones look half-decent in the clothes and make-up. I guess it comes down to whose chatting style you prefer.

Did she write this herself? I very much doubt it as that isn’t the way she speaks. Just a
Q‘s PR SM department churning* out the Q mantra.

Minus 10 Marks for Hi GUYS grr
It doesn't matter who wrote it, 'cause it's obviously a whole lot of bollox! I'm sure she still thinks Q fashion is a load of $hit and wouldn't wear any of it by choice. A job has come up that means she'll get her fizzog on tv again and it probably pays well - She's probably hoping that she'll be spotted and snapped up by a mainstream channel, or something generally better than QVC, and if she does - you won't see her for dust!!!

'After a vigorous training process the bosses finally let me on air...'
This confirms my words #80 in this thread; I didn't think for a nanosecond that new presenters wouldn't have been given extensive training. Such a shame she just sells tat as a side line to selling herself. Someone should remind her that she works for QVC, not MeMeMe.
As an example in the good old days the presenters did get training in such things as jewellery, they got sent to places like the assay offices. They learnt all about gems stones, could quote cuts and birth/anniversary stones. They knew about types of platings, chain links, settings and metal compositions.
Orphelia got put on air saying to the guest she wanted to learn about eek.

I was watching Vera on ITV Hub & both the drama & the adverts showed a considerable number of mixed race relationships. Like many couples my Mr T & I know a fair number of people but only two couples are mixed. Adverts have always shown the ideal - years ago every person was slim & usually very attractive, products aimed at families, unless gender specific, would show one with an older son & pretty little daughter & grandparents were usually cuddly. Now the ideal is that we're a blended society, at ease with multiculturalism & as many genders as you can count.
One of hubby and mines favourites Vera, it’s a shame we only got two episodes this year but I believe there’s filming on the remaining episodes to be shown next year. Anyway jolly good another of our favourites starting soon Endeavour.

One of hubby and mines favourites Vera, it’s a shame we only got two episodes this year but I believe there’s filming on the remaining episodes to be shown next year. Anyway jolly good another of our favourites starting soon Endeavour.
Oh good, I discovered Endeavour very late and now trying to catch up from the beginning.

It’s down to Endeavour that I’ve discovered a ‘geek-y’ streak in my nature. The pieces of music used through the shows are so lovely, enhance the stories so well, but I don’t know what they are. Well, I found a website that lists the music used, episode by episode !

Latest posts

Back