New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Both of them are pretty terrible, but it's early days I suppose. I do wish Q would remember than not every single Briton lives in London, and there's a million-and-one other places you can draw talent from than a very urban, street, Ladbroke Grove type of person. They're not very QVC, to me, and not very 'aspirational', either. I'm sorry to say also that I'm pretty sure they've been employed at least partially to tick a box...

I agree that Annalise is the worse of the two. Big error yesterday when she was presenting some crappy cross-trainer cum exercise bike thing. She read out some information on the size of it, which was something like 1m x 45cm x 110kg. The woman demonstrator looked at her a bit funnily and said 'I don't think it weighs 110kg'...cue Annalise squawking oh, silly me yes, it's the weight limit of the person using it that's 110kg!! But she then went on immediately to say 'god, and that's incredible, I mean like who is 110kg, that's cray...' Completely panicked look from demonstrator, Annalise tails off - cut to another part. Someone then obviously has a word in Annalise's ear via talkback and she tries to row back on it, by then saying 'so 110kg means it's suitable for lots of people'.

Basic, elementary mistakes - in her world of skinny minis aged 18, of course no-one's 110kg... She also was so entirely and completely hyperactive during the demonstration that everyone seemed completely exhausted at the end of it having watched her bounce and leap around and talk ten-to-the-dozen.

Terrible.

Both of them are pretty terrible, but it's early days I suppose. I do wish Q would remember than not every single Briton lives in London, and there's a million-and-one other places you can draw talent from than a very urban, street, Ladbroke Grove type of person. They're not very QVC, to me, and not very 'aspirational', either. I'm sorry to say also that I'm pretty sure they've been employed at least partially to tick a box...

I agree that Annalise is the worse of the two. Big error yesterday when she was presenting some crappy cross-trainer cum exercise bike thing. She read out some information on the size of it, which was something like 1m x 45cm x 110kg. The woman demonstrator looked at her a bit funnily and said 'I don't think it weighs 110kg'...cue Annalise squawking oh, silly me yes, it's the weight limit of the person using it that's 110kg!! But she then went on immediately to say 'god, and that's incredible, I mean like who is 110kg, that's cray...' Completely panicked look from demonstrator, Annalise tails off - cut to another part. Someone then obviously has a word in Annalise's ear via talkback and she tries to row back on it, by then saying 'so 110kg means it's suitable for lots of people'.

Basic, elementary mistakes - in her world of skinny minis aged 18, of course no-one's 110kg... She also was so entirely and completely hyperactive during the demonstration that everyone seemed completely exhausted at the end of it having watched her bounce and leap around and talk ten-to-the-dozen.

Terrible.
Oh yes! I’d forgotten that and failed to mention in my post before.
I heard it all too, ridiculous and full of all the wrong attitude.
Returning back to Will he commented they were all warn out with Annaliese being on the fitness equipment. Well I‘m warn out with her presentations end of.

At the moment with Will standing in a lot and yet again this morning for The Morning Show with the still missing Simon.
I’m finding him quite watchable, really adaptable and puts a lot of the regulars in the shade. Seeming professional, able to get over the relevant information, and updates without too much hard sell plus interacts well with the guests in a polite manner.

At the moment with Will standing in a lot and yet again this morning for The Morning Show with the still missing Simon.
I’m finding him quite watchable, really adaptable and puts a lot of the regulars in the shade. Seeming professional, able to get over the relevant information, and updates without too much hard sell plus interacts well with the guests in a polite manner.
Totally agree, I don’t mind watching him when he presents any show.😊

I just can't watch /listen to Annaliese... I have no idea where she would fit in. There are enough wannabes on QVC without taking on another one/ imo she is making the older presenters look good. :)

Surprised they have both gone on the main Channel so quickly usually stay on Style first. Everyone used to moan about Kathy Tayler but much preferred her presenting.
Think maybe with seemingly being sort on presenters, perhaps that’s why they have been forced to be put out doing main channel hours.
Just don’t understand why rather than doing the overtime hours that Debbie Flint said she was doing and getting Will in ( despite him being better than the regulars) Why they don’t cut down on the live Style hours 3-7pm, because each day that‘s one presenters daily hours plus 2 thirds of an another one.

I bet the Head of Presenters will be taking Anneliese to one side, saying that phrase that puts the fear of God into staff................"can I have a word ?" (always assuming he can get a word in)

Think maybe with seemingly being sort on presenters, perhaps that’s why they have been forced to be put out doing main channel hours.
Just don’t understand why rather than doing the overtime hours that Debbie Flint said she was doing and getting Will in ( despite him being better than the regulars) Why they don’t cut down on the live Style hours 3-7pm, because each day that‘s one presenters daily hours plus 2 thirds of an another one.
Yours is a logical & intelligent suggestion, however, this is the Q & at best it's inept!

They've both been thrown in the deep end. I'm sure everyone makes mistakes when they're new and it would be pretty snotty of the old-timers to be "furious".

They've both been thrown in the deep end. I'm sure everyone makes mistakes when they're new and it would be pretty snotty of the old-timers to be "furious".
From my point of view I don’t think anyone is being snotty over genuine newbie mistakes, it’s the full of myself, rudeness, attitude that will not go down too very well.

I like modest people. 😳 She’s not one of them.
From what I’ve seen Ophelia of the two of them does appear to me to be more modest and grateful having managed to land a job at QVC. Rather than Annaliese to me gives the impression that the viewer should be grateful that she‘s there to tease and bare with her whilst she acts about, she’s new.

Both have done presenter work & Anneliese was a guest fashion presenter on the Q from the spring. In addition I'm sure that they will have received extensive training in the ways of QVC. As for the deep end it's where all the other tat peddlers have been when they started.

Latest posts

Back