New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was watching Vera on ITV Hub & both the drama & the adverts showed a considerable number of mixed race relationships. Like many couples my Mr T & I know a fair number of people but only two couples are mixed. Adverts have always shown the ideal - years ago every person was slim & usually very attractive, products aimed at families, unless gender specific, would show one with an older son & pretty little daughter & grandparents were usually cuddly. Now the ideal is that we're a blended society, at ease with multiculturalism & as many genders as you can count.

Ever since the ads started portraying mixed relationships, I did a straw poll amongst friends as to how many such couples they knew - as it was clearly the norm in the bigger cities according to ad agencies. Not one knew any. Well, here in our rural location where market towns are the 'norm', this depiction of what our society now looks like, is completely alien to us.

As an example in the good old days the presenters did get training in such things as jewellery, they got sent to places like the assay offices. They learnt all about gems stones, could quote cuts and birth/anniversary stones. They knew about types of platings, chain links, settings and metal compositions.
Orphelia got put on air saying to the guest she wanted to learn about eek.
When the Q had jewellery hours that knowledge was part of the pleasure of watching.

One of hubby and mines favourites Vera, it’s a shame we only got two episodes this year but I believe there’s filming on the remaining episodes to be shown next year. Anyway jolly good another of our favourites starting soon Endeavour.
I'm currently binge watching Vera from the start . I loved Morse & Lewis but Endeavour's my absolute favourite. I can watch the first episode on loop & the final scene where he looks in the mirror & it's John Thaw who is reflected undoes me every time. I love the fashion, music, pace of life & the links to Morse episodes; I can even forgive that Fred Thursday was created for Endeavour as he was never mentioned in Morse. Add to all that the theme tune gives my goose bumps their own goose bumps!

Although I like Endeavour I grit my teeth every time (which is far too often) Jim Strange calls him matey.

It was exactly the same with Line of Duty when the called each other mate all the time.

I seem to have a thing about mate and guys! I think it’s because it seems like the theatrical darling which is to cover up the fact they couldn’t be bothered to remember your name.

One of hubby and mines favourites Vera, it’s a shame we only got two episodes this year but I believe there’s filming on the remaining episodes to be shown next year. Anyway jolly good another of our favourites starting soon Endeavour.
I really like Vera too. I’ve also been watching all the repeats on ITV3, together with Morse, Lewis and Midsomer Murders, plus the occasional episode of Poirot. Vera is the only one where I’ve seen all the episodes before, so it’s keeping me out of mischief. 😉

I live to the west of Birmingham, so there are all creeds and colours in our area. Our house is in a small cul de sac of ten houses. We have five Asian families, four English, and one Irish. I, nor any of my neighbours know any mixed race couples.

Oh good, I discovered Endeavour very late and now trying to catch up from the beginning.

It’s down to Endeavour that I’ve discovered a ‘geek-y’ streak in my nature. The pieces of music used through the shows are so lovely, enhance the stories so well, but I don’t know what they are. Well, I found a website that lists the music used, episode by episode !
I did that research for many of the Morse episodes & agree that the music chosen adds to the stories.

Sean Evans in Vigil

Attachments

• 81CC3820-0D3D-477B-804C-8DCD2A6F7060.jpeg
    81CC3820-0D3D-477B-804C-8DCD2A6F7060.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 54
Even though I've only seen the new presenters briefly on air, the initial impression I get is that Annaliese is using it as a springboard to get herself into the public eye once again and is hoping it will lead to bigger and better things. Ophelia, I reckon is living the dream and from what I've seen so far, she thinks she's still dreaming and needs somebody to pinch her and say "Yes it's real". She seems overwhelmed and a bit star struck (not that there's any stars to be struck by)! She needs to calm down and get into her groove.

Even though I've only seen the new presenters briefly on air, the initial impression I get is that Annaliese is using it as a springboard to get herself into the public eye once again and is hoping it will lead to bigger and better things. Ophelia, I reckon is living the dream and from what I've seen so far, she thinks she's still dreaming and needs somebody to pinch her and say "Yes it's real". She seems overwhelmed and a bit star struck (not that there's any stars to be struck by)! She needs to calm down and get into her groove.
The other day she linked to Pipa and Andy Peters food hour. Andy shouted out to her a QVC welcome. She said she was delighted Andy Peters had mentioned her name loads of times. In fact she was really excited and it did seem really genuine. Couldn’t imagine anything like that coming from Annaliese.

Ophelia really does have a lot to learn and has just referred to earlier self. ☹️
Seeing a similar picture as below in the lunchtime show she referred to not needing to use a lot of the Elemis oil.
Asking was this a spatula then following a voice in her ear correcting herself she said, oh it’s a pipet.
And just in the Korres hour with Liz the brand ambassador
Oh can I ask Liz what skin (struggling to say) elasticity means is that the tightness, is that what it means Liz.

Attachments

• 933E4907-72B8-4449-9AA4-955C91FD2D43.jpeg
    933E4907-72B8-4449-9AA4-955C91FD2D43.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back