New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gee -wish someone would take her away!

Sometimes wonder if I’m being too hard as perhaps it’s a regional thing and folk wouldn’t like someone from my area but then I would like to think I wouldn’t tolerate anyone behaving this way.

Off topic - we went out for lunch today to a restaurant which is anything but cheap. Normally the menu is quite flowery but well written, however whoever was in charge of today’s effort badly needed a word in their ear. There were commas everywhere, and I mean everywhere, making absolutely no sense and crab tart was marked (v) and a soufflé was marked (supp 2) with no mention of what this meant/cost although I assume it was £2 supplement. I think they are in the middle of a staff crisis so I hope the new intake has a better take on the written word.

When you think Alison Pyne during search for the presenter wasn’t good enough to be taken on as a main presenter. Yet now is Carole Hochman and Cuddl Duds brand ambassador for the UK, Italy, Germany and Japan.

I wanted to watch the Frank Usher show, not because I wanted to buy anything but because I like June. I lasted 15 minutes before I changed channels. I’m afraid I won’t be watching any shows in future on which Annaliese (or however you spell it) is the presenter. Having tried to ignore her “innit” and “babe” rubbish and her posing malarkey, when she said “ain’t” instead of “isn’t” I went into “teacher mode” and turned QVC off.

She seems to think that she is “it” but she is definitely anything but. However, I doubt QVC will care what the customers think.

I would love to know other than presenters sampling/using items and wearing clothing/footwear/accessories, just how much preparation for their hours is being done. Too many items get brought on air, the presenters read the details and then turn to the brand ambassador/guest. Never more so with these two new presenters especially Annaliese who clearly says tell me about…

I recall when Catherine Huntley first started years ago most of the time on her own she read out her written script about the items she was selling. I’m not saying that was correct but just goes to show, how much was required from the presenters years ago.
Wonder when Catherine is coming back?

Tick, tick tick. Like so many things this past year it’s just a box ticking excerise rather than the best person for the job no matter their colour or ceed or if they are from up the Hindu Kush or Blackpool.
Yes it is a tick box exercise, but only if they ARE the right colour and have a non-British heritage, which is where we are currently at in this country.

I thought Annaliese was extremely rude and obnoxious to June, it times I caught her smirking when June was talking.
I think there have been some changes, to me they appeared to be working very hard in her ear piece to provide her with what to say.
More so on bringing out a item, she quickly piped up the details are for the regular…..
We are cubing!….yes oh yes…the details below are for the petite.

Wonder was the test leggings brought out in two different pattern designs, yet she went on to sell them as the same item as a choice of the two designs.
With her before prep of not being on air for two hours and holding her iPad didn’t pick it up.
She was so busy all about her, saying how she’d worn similar leggings into work. But had some doubts that they would stand up to wear all day, she‘s not gonna lie, she did doubt them.

Suddenly then it was so telling on her face, as she went deadly silent and stood like in shock.
She then raised her hands to her head and stared over at the model for a few seconds, gaining her voice she then added we are going to take these away.

What an awful presentation. Poor June, you could hear a pin drop when Annaliese said she didn't think the leggings would stand up to all day wear, and then they had the wrong leggings for sale too. I know that is isn't her fault, well actually if she had done her preparation she would have realised, but then that would have meant not talking about herself for a while so that wasn't going to happen, but the terrible presenting is. What were QVC thinking, well actually I know the answer to that, and a box and ticking is involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder when Catherine is coming back?
Her daughter & Steven Corfield occasionally post enigmatic comments & I wonder if they relate to Catherine:

He tweeted this on 16th October
I love going to sleep because you can have a break from feeling how sad you are #night

You really do wonder how they got past the initial interview stage. Even in a box ticking excerise there must have been better than this.

If this is the best available god help us when they force the rest on us.

I wonder if they would dare to pair either of them up with Simon Wilson? O wouldn’t go down too well as she doesn’t like animals ‘I don’t like dogs - I don’t like cats’ I can’t imagine her enthusing over his array of animal jewellery! She clearly has never watched QVC, as she would know that all the presenters and BA’s are animal lovers, ( and the majority of customers) A and Simon would be a sight to behold! Worth watching for the entertainment value.

You really do wonder how they got past the initial interview stage. Even in a box ticking excerise there must have been better than this.

If this is the best available god help us when they force the rest on us.
I was thinking this myself. They'd not be allowed to advertise a job for people of specific creed or colour, even if its what they want. I'm presuming in this case these two girls ticked all the right boxes, but I find it difficult to believe that they came across in their screen tests as the best candidates. I look forward to the day when the colour of someone's skin is no longer worthy of comment. Had the two newbies been of Caucasian descent nobody would've batted an eyelid, and if they were similarly as annoying/crap at their jobs, criticism, even constructive criticism would be more readily accepted - No eggshells to be trodden on. The usual "be kind" and "give them a chance" would still feature, but that's path of the course.
Only once have I ever seen a new presenter disappear almost as quickly as they arrived. Some years ago a lass called Sunita joined the crew, and she was absolutely terrible. She wasn't annoying, she seemed nice, but would seem to read parrot fashion from a script, Item no, cost and that's it, she'd fluff lines, and generally looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights for the entirety of her stay there. Maybe it was her decision to go? who knows! I'd be interested to know what Q would do if they realised that these new presenters have been a mistake based upon presenting skills and annoyance factor alone? Difficult!!!!!

They will never be able to shift them so we can only hope an opening on love island or something equally awful arises and tempts them away.
Can't see Annaliese sticking it out for long anyway. There's only so many frumpy clothes she'll be prepared to wear and pretend that she loves - She'll get sick of it. I'd imagine for her this is a kick board for better things (or at least she's hoping it will be) I can't see her allowing the rot to set in.

I was thinking this myself. They'd not be allowed to advertise a job for people of specific creed or colour, even if its what they want. I'm presuming in this case these two girls ticked all the right boxes, but I find it difficult to believe that they came across in their screen tests as the best candidates. I look forward to the day when the colour of someone's skin is no longer worthy of comment. Had the two newbies been of Caucasian descent nobody would've batted an eyelid, and if they were similarly as annoying/crap at their jobs, criticism, even constructive criticism would be more readily accepted - No eggshells to be trodden on. The usual "be kind" and "give them a chance" would still feature, but that's path of the course.
Only once have I ever seen a new presenter disappear almost as quickly as they arrived. Some years ago a lass called Sunita joined the crew, and she was absolutely terrible. She wasn't annoying, she seemed nice, but would seem to read parrot fashion from a script, Item no, cost and that's it, she'd fluff lines, and generally looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights for the entirety of her stay there. Maybe it was her decision to go? who knows! I'd be interested to know what Q would do if they realised that these new presenters have been a mistake based upon presenting skills and annoyance factor alone? Difficult!!!!!

I gently disagree with that, because when Chloe first appeared a few years ago - remember that heavily lacquered hair ? she was equally awful, got as much 'stick' which hasn't done much good, and yes we're still lumbered with her despite her embarrassing tactics. She even got booted from her job on Sky tv. Clearly QVC is down the toilet regarding quality/value/convenience in both their products and now their presenting staff.

Can't see Annaliese sticking it out for long anyway. There's only so many frumpy clothes she'll be prepared to wear and pretend that she loves - She'll get sick of it. I'd imagine for her this is a kick board for better things (or at least she's hoping it will be) I can't see her allowing the rot to set in.

“Kick” being the operative word. Whenever I’ve seen her she’s always got her leg out or is posing. As for the few seconds when she was gavorting around pretending she was a model, well ….. words fail me. 🙄

Although I switch over quickly whenever she is presenting, I will admit to watching a few minutes if only to laugh at her antics to “engage” with the customers, before I cringe and change channels.

I wonder if they would dare to pair either of them up with Simon Wilson? O wouldn’t go down too well as she doesn’t like animals ‘I don’t like dogs - I don’t like cats’ I can’t imagine her enthusing over his array of animal jewellery! She clearly has never watched QVC, as she would know that all the presenters and BA’s are animal lovers, ( and the majority of customers) A and Simon would be a sight to behold! Worth watching for the entertainment value.
How can you not like cats?? the most beautiful creatures on earth! 😮

I can understand someone being more of a cat or dog person or maybe not even being a pet owner but saying it like that is going to put a lot of backs up as it sounds as though she would be happy for them not to exist. I have a lot of problems with dog poo but that is squarely at the fault of the owners not the animals.

Latest posts

Back