New refurbished PC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

martinjay

Registered Shopper
Should something that's been "refurbished" be described as "new?"

new_refurbished_PC.jpg

Howard has confirmed they have cleared 30 second queues by having more people on the phones, does this mean they now have 2 people working in the call centre

It's sneaky but maybe it means 'new to you' [nah! course it doesn't]. It's akin to the TV channels [CBS Action] that show 90's TV shows [Star Trek - Next Generation] and in the corner of the screen it has 'New' because they haven't shown it before. Absolutely ludicrous but it plants the word 'new' in your mind.

They are overpriced.

"Dramatic scenes in our call centre. 40% of the stock has gone..."

Someone triple Howard's meds please :wonder:

Last edited:
Looking at Tier 1 website you can get a lot better spec for £40 more.

That'll be four gone then.

A few nights ago Ideal World were flogging a new laptop. Howard kept gleefully telling us it was selling fast and was expected to sell out by the end of the hour, warning Internet users to check out now to secure the bargain. I nearly laughed my b*ll*cks off when he revealed that only 50% of the stock had been sold at the end of the hour. I'd be surprised if they had more than 200 to sell.

As you guys now im not howards biggest fan, and that is putting it lightly, but ill have to admit i thought he done fairly well last night, no money waving, he said 50% of stock had been sold, but no idea of how many they had in the first place, dont really get why they saying millitary standard, but corious when he said ooh management were thinking if this sells well they might HIGHER THE PRICE, saying that wouldnt be the first time i noticed on Saturday with the Karcher Window Vac special saturday it was 64.99 yesterday 69.99, maybe it was cause another channel was selling it cough Argos.

With the price a brand new copy of Windows 7 varying from £80/£100, and with the 2 year waranty, ure probably getting the machine for about £100.00 really which isnt that bad, if you just want it for internet or crafting cd's or if your a silver surfer, so IW, not bad on price

Yeah, do you actually get the CD NEW of Wiindows? I doubt it highly, and a bugger when you need to re-install and you suddenly have no OS :(

Yeah, do you actually get the CD NEW of Wiindows? I doubt it highly, and a bugger when you need to re-install and you suddenly have no OS :(

I don't think so. Janice mentioned it comes pre-installed and you just need to register it.

It's sneaky but maybe it means 'new to you' [nah! course it doesn't]. It's akin to the TV channels [CBS Action] that show 90's TV shows [Star Trek - Next Generation] and in the corner of the screen it has 'New' because they haven't shown it before. Absolutely ludicrous but it plants the word 'new' in your mind.

Please note this may look like my earlier post but is, in fact, refurbished....:giggle:

That'll be four gone then.

A few nights ago Ideal World were flogging a new laptop. Howard kept gleefully telling us it was selling fast and was expected to sell out by the end of the hour, warning Internet users to check out now to secure the bargain. I nearly laughed my b*ll*cks off when he revealed that only 50% of the stock had been sold at the end of the hour. I'd be surprised if they had more than 200 to sell.

Oh Martin that must have been painful.:giggle:

Latest posts

Back