New Shoppingtelly.com Member

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, Angus will be there. At least one of my dogs that died is here in my house (not the ashes, the ghost). I see a fleeting shadow, feel him against my legs and I've heard his claws on the tiled floor. Mr CC used to scoff until one day he said he'd heard the claws too. They never leave you and they will all be waiting at the bridge.

CC
That's lovely, CC. I bought a cottage that had belonged to a lady who had lots of cats. Often I would feel something jump on to the bed and settle down. I always liked that. It was their home before it was mine.

We lost our lovely Eddie a few months ago. He was 20 so a good age. A white long haired with beautiful aquamarine eyes. He ruled the roost among the local cats.
He had a brilliant life with us and our other 2 younger ones. He even got used to the dog .
Cats are always in charge. Mine used to hog Obie's bed. Poor darling wouldn't go on it!

They always let you know.
For years I’d tried to grow a particular poppy in my garden. Could grow any other variety no problem but no matter how many packets of seeds of this one I planted they never grew. Finally gave up trying.
Nine years later one of my dogs died. She’d been one of those “ once in a lifetime” ones & I missed her SO dreadfully. It was December she died. The summer following her death, very near her grave, I saw a bright orange flower, the only one of those poppies I’d tried so hard to grow. I hadn’t planted any seeds for years & it was the only plant of it . Since then my garden has never been without them. I don‘t collect the seed, they just pop up here & there all over the garden or field. We have a very big garden ( small house) & field where my goats lived. Even my OH now calls them Tizzie poppies & he’s normally the biggest sceptic in the world.

My Zanzi who died at 18 three years ago, used to come to visit for a year after he passed due to cancer. I felt a cat jump on the bed and curl up beside my legs, at first I thought it was Delilah who was still alive but she appeared sometime later and never lay against my legs. My SIL came to visit from Canada and I let her have my bed after that Zanzi stopped coming. Delilah died at 17 again with cancer in April this year but she has never come to visit.

They always let you know.
For years I’d tried to grow a particular poppy in my garden. Could grow any other variety no problem but no matter how many packets of seeds of this one I planted they never grew. Finally gave up trying.
Nine years later one of my dogs died. She’d been one of those “ once in a lifetime” ones & I missed her SO dreadfully. It was December she died. The summer following her death, very near her grave, I saw a bright orange flower, the only one of those poppies I’d tried so hard to grow. I hadn’t planted any seeds for years & it was the only plant of it . Since then my garden has never been without them. I don‘t collect the seed, they just pop up here & there all over the garden or field. We have a very big garden ( small house) & field where my goats lived. Even my OH now calls them Tizzie poppies & he’s normally the biggest sceptic in the world.
A beautiful story, thank you 💐

When I was a kid we had a black and white mongrel called Scamp, we went everywhere together and he was my best friend and one day he actually saved me from a sexual attack . As he grew older he became blind but lived to the ripe age of 18. Several years later I was chatting to a woman who said she was a Medium and she said you have a black and white dog sitting at your feet and he never leaves your side. I knew it was Scamp.

My Zanzi who died at 18 three years ago, used to come to visit for a year after he passed due to cancer. I felt a cat jump on the bed and curl up beside my legs, at first I thought it was Delilah who was still alive but she appeared sometime later and never lay against my legs. My SIL came to visit from Canada and I let her have my bed after that Zanzi stopped coming. Delilah died at 17 again with cancer in April this year but she has never come to visit.
They stay in our hearts forever but I wonder if they come back to visit us for as long as they feel
they are needed 💐

When I was a kid we had a black and white mongrel called Scamp, we went everywhere together and he was my best friend and one day he actually saved me from a sexual attack . As he grew older he became blind but lived to the ripe age of 18. Several years later I was chatting to a woman who said she was a Medium and she said you have a black and white dog sitting at your feet and he never leaves your side. I knew it was Scamp.
You know how much I love your stories. Bless you & Scamp.

We lost our lovely Eddie a few months ago. He was 20 so a good age. A white long haired with beautiful aquamarine eyes. He ruled the roost among the local cats.
He had a brilliant life with us and our other 2 younger ones. He even got used to the dog .
Ah, Eddie sounds like he was a beautiful fella. Sorry for your loss.

Updated photo of young Moth. Growing like a weed, no longer feral and loving his new life as part of a family. He`s a super cutie !
moth 2.jpg

Just to let all cat lovers on here know.....There is a programme on BBC4 at 9pm Tuesday night.
Cat Tales: in from the wild 'Where do cats come from,why do we love them, and what's going on inside their heads?' listed in my tv mag.

The stories in above posts have brought a tear to my eye. I have heard similar from friends too.

What a lovely cat and about to enjoy a equally lovely life.I think our pets are special because they are the one presence in life that is totally trusting, totally loyal.When I lost me beloved dog many years ago I felt so upset I made an appointment to see a GP in the practice.He was known to be abrupt, but he was so understanding and offered me all sorts of possibilities, time off work, medication etc. I came out and went about my life.I still have his ashes ( my little dog!) which will be buried with me.

What a lovely cat and about to enjoy a equally lovely life.I think our pets are special because they are the one presence in life that is totally trusting, totally loyal.When I lost me beloved dog many years ago I felt so upset I made an appointment to see a GP in the practice.He was known to be abrupt, but he was so understanding and offered me all sorts of possibilities, time off work, medication etc. I came out and went about my life.I still have his ashes ( my little dog!) which will be buried with me.

Aw, it’s a bereavement like any other - I‘m pleased the doctor recognised that and was kind 🐶

Aw, it’s a bereavement like any other - I‘m pleased the doctor recognised that and was kind 🐶

Yes a little understanding out does the needs for other things.He said it would bring back the memories of loosing my Mother years earlier. We must never underestimate the bereavement process be it human or pet.If anyone is struggling urge them to seek help.I have paid for counselling with a more recent bereavement but the GP practice is able to do it but it takes time.

Yes a little understanding out does the needs for other things.He said it would bring back the memories of loosing my Mother years earlier. We must never underestimate the bereavement process be it human or pet.If anyone is struggling urge them to seek help.I have paid for counselling with a more recent bereavement but the GP practice is able to do it but it takes time.
I went to an RHS plant & garden show today with a friend whose husband died in April when his heart operation was cancelled. Perfect weather, one of my favourite places & an amazing number of nurseries selling quality plants. We had a lovely day, however, it was clear to see that she's having a difficult time & said that her grief's deeper now than when he died. I mentioned the idea of getting help & she said that all NHS services had been suspended which meant the private counsellors have waiting lists. We live in adjacent roads, can see each other's houses & have a signalling system every morning so that I know that she's ok. I try to get the balance right between seeing her & giving her space which has worked well as she's said that I've always turned up when needed & the things we've done have been enjoyable. I felt so guilty for being married & happy.

I went to an RHS plant & garden show today with a friend whose husband died in April when his heart operation was cancelled. Perfect weather, one of my favourite places & an amazing number of nurseries selling quality plants. We had a lovely day, however, it was clear to see that she's having a difficult time & said that her grief's deeper now than when he died. I mentioned the idea of getting help & she said that all NHS services had been suspended which meant the private counsellors have waiting lists. We live in adjacent roads, can see each other's houses & have a signalling system every morning so that I know that she's ok. I try to get the balance right between seeing her & giving her space which has worked well as she's said that I've always turned up when needed & the things we've done have been enjoyable. I felt so guilty for being married & happy.

There are some lovely people on this forum 💐

Latest posts

Back