New Start Prices

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Does anyone think like I do that the new more realistic Start Prices give Gems TV much more credibility?

When it was the old start prices I had a lot of people say to me that it looked like some kind of a con as they actually thought they were saying the item was worth the start price! Not regular viewers I hasten to add.

I personally think it's a great move - Well Done Gems TV

Plasmanoodle

VIP Noodle
The Jewellery Channel in the US have done the same, but not Gems TV. Yet over here, it's the other way around!

donna255

VIP Shopper
What I have really noticed the final prices are not going as low as they used to.

Items starting at £400 which you would have thought would go to say £50-60 are stopping at near £80 instead.

Tabs

VIP Shopper
The start prices are much more realistic...perhaps as a result of "rapped knuckles?" But i did notice that the end prices are staying up.

Last edited:
S

Snoopy

I watched a few weeks ago for the first time and saw a 9ct ring with a green stone start at something like 15 grand :confused: it gave the impression of a con so i turned off and didn't go back.After reading the glowing testimonials on here i thought Gems was special but i just thought Auction World.

Last edited:
M

Meeshoo

Don't know if anybody has noticed but the T&Cs on the Gems website have totally changed. It's pages and pages long now, let's them pull games if they want (although I'm sure they do that anyway :rolleyes:) and basically is much more "legal" and professional. I think that the knuckles rapped thing is probably right.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW

STAR IN THE HOOD
the lower start prices are more reasonable and look better to start with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maurabax
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks