New Style Rocks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's it all about?

I haven't purchased from rockstv, but my daughter has, and has been happy with her items, at first anyways. know someone at work who has brought from rockstv too, and they weren't very impressed. Guess its personal choice.
What i meant by my last comment wasn't relating to rockstv jewellery, i meant a cheap version of gemstv becuase its just a feedon the internet rather than an actual channel.

For some one who has bought nothing from Rocks, Glinda, your posts are a ongoing litany of disparaging remarks about the Company. That is rather sad as I have bought loads and don't have a single complaint about the service or price or quality. Please try them or leave them, I would suggest, and leave the rest of us who are genuine customers to make our informed judgements good or bad based on reality. I believe in the right to free speech but I suspect that you have said so much about Rocks without any proof of their alleged failings that you have an agenda.

I haven't purchased from rockstv, but my daughter has, and has been happy with her items, at first anyways. know someone at work who has brought from rockstv too, and they weren't very impressed. Guess its personal choice.
What i meant by my last comment wasn't relating to rockstv jewellery, i meant a cheap version of gemstv becuase its just a feedon the internet rather than an actual channel.

To clarify, you have never purchased but you have witnessed the experiences of 2 people - 1 good, 1 bad - so really a pretty neutral experience of Rocks on the whole.

And yet I have seen you make negative comments about Rocks on numerous occasions. One has to wonder whether they have done something to you personally that has upset you in some way as your opinion is obviously not based on a 'Rocks Experience'!

For some one who has bought nothing from Rocks, Glinda, your posts are a ongoing litany of disparaging remarks about the Company. That is rather sad as I have bought loads and don't have a single complaint about the service or price or quality. Please try them or leave them, I would suggest, and leave the rest of us who are genuine customers to make our informed judgements good or bad based on reality. I believe in the right to free speech but I suspect that you have said so much about Rocks without any proof of their alleged failings that you have an agenda.

totally agree with you Mr jones

Can't help thinking that the first price drop on an item should take the price to what you would pay on CR. There was a piece today that was being seriously pushed for more on Rocks than you could buy it for on CR. It wasn't until this was mentioned in the chat that the price dropped below that price.

Any one got any thoughts?

The lag between the Auctioneer picture and the bidding button combined with having to refresh makes it a lottery not an Auction. Perhaps the improvements to advance bidding might help a tad.

I've just abandoned being in the site before I lost my temper. Came online a short while ago to plug into RTV in the hopes that this evening would be better than last night and in fact it was worse.

Sound on live stream was very hit & miss again, mostly miss sadly. So without proper sound, I watched a couple of items being auctioned but had to refresh about every 30 secs to get updates especially when items changed - the lack of sync between livestream, item information coming on screen and keeping track with auction price made it all very disjointed. Also very distracting if you wanted to join in the livechat. It rather felt like being surrounded by a group of people all talking to me at the same time and not being able to concentrate on any one of them!

Anyway, belatedly the details of a bracelet came on screen after another manual refresh. I was interested in it and there were 2 up for sale. No sound, no measurement on the details on screen (come on guys get it sorted!) and the choice of asking in live chat or asking live help, which interferes further with updates.

I asked in live chat how long the bracelet was and mentioned I had no sound. I could see Carol put it on her wrist, sound popped up and I heard a few words like "its slightly big for my wrist" before sound cut out again. I think she's about a 6.5" wrist, but I was still none the wiser. No answer to my query in chat by the time I saw "auction closed" on the screen.

If the disjointed transmission to my pc continues like this then unfortunately the enjoyment factor of RTV has slumped to zero for me and I will regretfully have to bow out of joining in during the evenings.

However, I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing such troubles. Am I right in assuming the website is overloaded or is it perhaps my broadband that cannot cope with the new website?

:D Yep Sheffield Owl! Still haven't worked out who you are on Rocks......:mysmilie_738.gif::mysmilie_797.gif:

I had horrendous problems last night Sammi, but not really had a problem tonight, apart from chat disappearing. I was ready to throw the computer out of the window yesterday, so maybe it's something wrong at your end. They did have problems to start with, but sorted it out fairly quickly.

:doggie:

M4g you beat me to it! Sammi its been fine for me today just can't join in the chat when I am on mac but thats been my problem for a long time. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you x

To clarify, you have never purchased but you have witnessed the experiences of 2 people - 1 good, 1 bad - so really a pretty neutral experience of Rocks on the whole.

And yet I have seen you make negative comments about Rocks on numerous occasions. One has to wonder whether they have done something to you personally that has upset you in some way as your opinion is obviously not based on a 'Rocks Experience'!

sorry, should have explained, my daughter was pleased at first, she had problems with her ring at a later date, so i unfortunately have not witnessed a good rockstv experience myself, although i have read lots of good comments on here. I have considered trying rockstv myself due to the good comments on here, but this new format has put me off somewhat, also i am not a big fan of the internet only format. I did like the original format though, that looked fun.

Last edited:

I don't see what "agenda" anyone could have on a chat forum, we are just chatting about shopping channels. Maybe your being a tad over analytical? I really don't mean any offence, and i am glad you have brought alot and have had no problems, thats great.

However, I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing such troubles. Am I right in assuming the website is overloaded or is it perhaps my broadband that cannot cope with the new website?
Sammi you are not alone. I popped by tonight & the sound was appalling - totally disjointed, the delay was terrible too. I decided to not bother with checking out tonight but to try tomorrow

Aww shucks.........
SMILIES-SAD.jpg

Agree with you Sammi, hopeless trying to place a bid with everything lagging behind, by the time you have 'F5'd' and see the price you want to pay its gone! Much prefer the old system if this is going to carry on like this. Also are they really selling more items this way when they are pulled out of the so called 'auction' as often as pieces were tonight when not reaching the price they want?

Latest posts

Back