New Voucher Alert!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just missed out again.

Ordered over £400 in the last week, most of it was yesterday, 4th.

Rang CS about the vouchers, the offer ended for purchases up to the 2nd !!!! Grrrr

Ring again and ask if as a gesture of goodwill they could honour it on this one occasion. They can only say no, they might just say yes.

I got the £15 voucher but you have to spend £40. Most of the beauty items I would consider buying are under £40:mysmilie_10:

The email I got this morning said, "Congratulations. You've done it! You've earned £15 off your next shopping spree ...... "

Ermmm ..... No, I haven't, unless my maths is wrong and they've also forgotten that they're refunding £53 to my bank account.

I'm almost tempted to try to use the voucher, but no doubt it would be invalid when they realise that I haven't spent £150 within the two given dates.

Ring again and ask if as a gesture of goodwill they could honour it on this one occasion. They can only say no, they might just say yes.

I was just going to say this is worth a try as well. Do as llloyd suggests, Strato. I mean £400 is well over the threshold. Stranger things have happened. They have honoured a TSV price a day or so later for me (at least once, I think) and several of us wangled the £10 voucher when they gave them out at the time of confirming whatever it was for the new GDPR rules in the summer. I am sure you can sweet talk them.

The email I got this morning said, "Congratulations. You've done it! You've earned £15 off your next shopping spree ...... "

Ermmm ..... No, I haven't, unless my maths is wrong and they've also forgotten that they're refunding £53 to my bank account.

I'm almost tempted to try to use the voucher, but no doubt it would be invalid when they realise that I haven't spent £150 within the two given dates.

You could try it, Toril. If you order online, the price after discount will be confirmed there and then. If they subsequently realise it was an error, they would have to contact you to get you to pay the £15 extra, at which point you could cancel the whole thing so you wouldn’t be out of pocket or, as above, make the goodwill request.

Strato, I agree with the others - if you are a regular customer with them, they should honour this as let's face it, it's in their interests to encourage you to spend more money with them. If you get a CS dolt then kick off and ask to speak to their supervisor, you'll get the voucher one way or another!

Strato, I agree with the others - if you are a regular customer with them, they should honour this as let's face it, it's in their interests to encourage you to spend more money with them. If you get a CS dolt then kick off and ask to speak to their supervisor, you'll get the voucher one way or another!

I wholeheartedly agree. Even QVC know a good customer when they see one. I was going to say if the first CS person says no, try again later, but asking for a supervisor is a great idea. I would personally just stay calm but firm with them and refuse to be fobbed off.

You could try it, Toril. If you order online, the price after discount will be confirmed there and then. If they subsequently realise it was an error, they would have to contact you to get you to pay the £15 extra, at which point you could cancel the whole thing so you wouldn’t be out of pocket or, as above, make the goodwill request.

I've just ordered something and applied the code and it took the £15 off. My refund for the Centigrade coat has also reached my bank account, so whether they contact me remains to be seen. However, considering the thousands of pounds I've spent with them over the years it won't be worth it for them to ask for the £15 back as I would return the product, even though it's something that I want.

I've just ordered something and applied the code and it took the £15 off. My refund for the Centigrade coat has also reached my bank account, so whether they contact me remains to be seen. However, considering the thousands of pounds I've spent with them over the years it won't be worth it for them to ask for the £15 back as I would return the product, even though it's something that I want.

Exactly. I think they will see sense ... sometimes they do! I'll cross my fingers for you.

I actually rang CS, after I checked my account, because the item was showing at full price, without the discount. She checked my account at her end and confirmed that the voucher had been accepted and that I'd get an email confirmation to that effect. Half an hour later the email arrived with the £15 off applied.

She could see that the Centigrade coat had been returned, although she doesn't know that I've already received the refund for it, and she didn't say that meant I couldn't use the voucher. So, if they try to get it back I'll be ringing them again.

It is a bit annoying that you can't use the vouchers unless you spend £40 or £50 pounds. I got a £25 voucher, because unusually I spent quite a lot lately, and I am struggling to use it for something I want/need due to the limits imposed. For example I quite like today's tsv but it's a couple of pence shy of £50 so I can't use it. I like the Philosophy big deal but again it's £3 short of £50 so I can't use it. It's interesting that qvc allowed us to accumulate the cost of p&p to go towards the voucher but we can't use it against the total spend of price and p&p.

It is a bit annoying that you can't use the vouchers unless you spend £40 or £50 pounds. I got a £25 voucher, because unusually I spent quite a lot lately, and I am struggling to use it for something I want/need due to the limits imposed. For example I quite like today's tsv but it's a couple of pence shy of £50 so I can't use it. I like the Philosophy big deal but again it's £3 short of £50 so I can't use it. It's interesting that qvc allowed us to accumulate the cost of p&p to go towards the voucher but we can't use it against the total spend of price and p&p.

Can you not search to find something lightweight cheap or on easy pay that you could perhaps return to make up the order value?

:mysmilie_50:

I haven’t taken much interest in this as I had no intention of spending the qualifying amount.What happens if you are given the voucher then return items that takes you well below the spend of £150 or £250? With QVC there are too many restrictions, spend the voucher by a certain date & again a minimum amount.So much will be just under the minimum spend or well over.

I haven’t taken much interest in this as I had no intention of spending the qualifying amount.What happens if you are given the voucher then return items that takes you well below the spend of £150 or £250? With QVC there are too many restrictions, spend the voucher by a certain date & again a minimum amount.So much will be just under the minimum spend or well over.

It happened to me with the last round of vouchers they had.
They deducted the £15.00 off the refund that I was due. I was expecting £25.00 and got £10.00. I wasn't happy because it cost me nearly a fiver to send the flaming thing back in the first place, so in reality I was down £20.00 in total.

So, (and this isn't usually like me at all), but I was so annoyed about it, I ordered the Liz Earle mens gift set (which I generally do every year).
But I only like the Body Wash and the moisturiser as I find the shaving gel useless. So when it arrived, I sent it back with an empty bottle of body wash that I had just finished using and 2 tubes of the shaving cream as I still had one in stock from last years kit and kept the moisturiser.
Got a full refund as well, and you know what, I don't feel guilty at all. Ha ha

So next time they run one of these spend-related offers, hands up who's going to spend the required amount but then return it after your discount code is confirmed? :mysmilie_50:

If there's ever a discount code you don't get a cash refund for the voucher value if you return the item, so make sure it's something you will keep. At a pinch they might allow you to re-use the code if you ring CS. But you'd have to do it within the code's valid period and QVC's returns might not allow this.

If you receive a faulty item they should send a replacement at the discounted price but you'd have to phone CS and ask for this. To be fair to QVC CS, if you present them with a fair solution to a problem they tend to be more amenable to meeting your request than if you just say "what you going to do about it?"

It happened to me with the last round of vouchers they had.
They deducted the £15.00 off the refund that I was due. I was expecting £25.00 and got £10.00. I wasn't happy because it cost me nearly a fiver to send the flaming thing back in the first place, so in reality I was down £20.00 in total.

So, (and this isn't usually like me at all), but I was so annoyed about it, I ordered the Liz Earle mens gift set (which I generally do every year).
But I only like the Body Wash and the moisturiser as I find the shaving gel useless. So when it arrived, I sent it back with an empty bottle of body wash that I had just finished using and 2 tubes of the shaving cream as I still had one in stock from last years kit and kept the moisturiser.
Got a full refund as well, and you know what, I don't feel guilty at all. Ha ha”

Hubby has used the LE shaving cream numerous times in the past. Bought him an Elemis set last Christmas with the ice cool foam in it. Since used another large container of it, only just these last few weeks it ran out. So gave him an opened LE cleanse & polish to try, in the mean while with a Christmas shaving gift in mind. Surprisingly he now prefers using the C&P. Good job I’m well stocked with the stuff.

:mysmilie_17:

If you are just a few pounds short, item number 900307
Breast Cancer Care Donation 1 Pound & has free p&p, hopefully this will work and you may be able to buy today’s tsv as written above. I’m sure any donation would be appreciated.

If you are just a few pounds short, item number 900307
Breast Cancer Care Donation 1 Pound & has free p&p, hopefully this will work and you may be able to buy today’s tsv as written above. I’m sure any donation would be appreciated.

Excellent idea. I didn't realise there was a donation option so that's good to know. I'll try it now!

Latest posts

Back