Nice restaurant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Bassett Ears (I believe that's her nickname) told Helene Berman that she wore a sleeveless jumpsuit to a restaurant but was so cold that she had to keep dodging into the lavatory to use the hot air hand dryer to get warm. Sleeveless in November? Can you imagine what horrible company she was? Not to say rude to her fellow diners or diner. She didn't want to leave her coat on over her shoulders because it was such a nice restaurant. Not your usual burger joint then! This is a bit petty, I know, but I thought her comments were funny and so off track.

Spaniel Ears may have been fishing for a laugh from Helene Berman over the hot air hand dryer, but she didn't get one. Helene suggested she should have kept her coat with her at the table and put it over her shoulders as needed. Bottom line, the joke fell flat. It would have caused yips of laughter from other BA's or co hosts.

Spaniel Ears may have been fishing for a laugh from Helene Berman over the hot air hand dryer, but she didn't get one. Helene suggested she should have kept her coat with her at the table and put it over her shoulders as needed. Bottom line, the joke fell flat. It would have caused yips of laughter from other BA's or co hosts.
Maybe she was just spouting a load of old BS 'cause she couldn't think of much to say, that and wanting to come across as a young & trendy "hip kid" stood next to HB, who's an old school English lady. I think she was expecting at least a giggle and an "ooh, what are you like!" and not serious advice as to how to keep warm in a restaurant - Lead balloon!
I've yet to feel cold inside a restaurant - yes the corridors/toilets may be a bit parky and maybe she did feel the need to warm herself up with the dryer, however, constantly popping out to the lav during a meal sends out a completely different message and I'm surprised somebody didn't offer her an immodium tablet!

I find restaurants either freezing (air con) or boiling but usually I have a fair idea what it will be like and dress accordingly or bring a wrap with me.

I usually wear short sleeves to restaurants or when going somewhere, as the old hot flushes keep me warm.

Quite some time ago I’m sure there was a conversation on air whilst showing a Helene Bergman item with Ruth and Jackie.
Ruth was commenting on how lovely Helene was and how approachable she’d been with her.
Jackie said how she hadn’t spoken with Helene, as she would be tongue tied and wouldn’t know what to say.
Also from what I recall I think Jackie commented that recently coming out of the lift she’d deliberately avoided Helene, that she didn’t want Helene to see how she looked.

Can’t say I’m having a problem with restaurants other than not visiting them atm. 😂 One thing if I ever do is I don’t like being back to everything facing a wall and/or feeling hemmed in.

Quite some time ago I’m sure there was a conversation on air whilst showing a Helene Bergman item with Ruth and Jackie.
Ruth was commenting on how lovely Helene was and how approachable she’d been with her.
Jackie said how she hadn’t spoken with Helene, as she would be tongue tied and wouldn’t know what to say.
Also from what I recall I think Jackie commented that recently coming out of the lift she’d deliberately avoided Helene, that she didn’t want Helene to see how she looked.
They were both telling porkies about being fazed by Helene Bergman, surely. Seeing as their careers involve meeting and interviewing the public, celebrities and politicians.

They were both telling porkies about being fazed by Helene Bergman, surely. Seeing as their careers involve meeting and interviewing the public, celebrities and politicians.
Ruth was saying to Jackie she couldn’t actually believe she hadn’t introduced herself to Helene, and not to avoid her as she was a lovely lady.
Jackie was acting all coy, saying she didn’t want to introduce herself, and doing her usual silly laughing.
In the end Ruth just said for her to make the effort to approach Helene.

We went to a posh London hotel for our Xmas do last week. We had a private room which was large with high ceilings. It was absolutely freezing in there and I ended up with a heavy cold. Despite me wearing a cardigan. Food was mediocre and very small portions (and I’m someone who doesn’t like big portions). I’d have much preferred a pub meal!

We went to a posh London hotel for our Xmas do last week. We had a private room which was large with high ceilings. It was absolutely freezing in there and I ended up with a heavy cold. Despite me wearing a cardigan. Food was mediocre and very small portions (and I’m someone who doesn’t like big portions). I’d have much preferred a pub meal!
I hate eating our specially for Christmas as the food is usually rubbish. I love good food and a reasonable cook. can make any pastry from scratch etc. I went to school in the days of Home economics being taught in schools

We've just returned from a few days in Harrogate. We ate in Bettys in the town & the one at Harlow Carr, we also went to a couple of pubs - didn't see anyone in a sleeveless outfit.

Bassett Ears (I believe that's her nickname) told Helene Berman that she wore a sleeveless jumpsuit to a restaurant but was so cold that she had to keep dodging into the lavatory to use the hot air hand dryer to get warm. Sleeveless in November? Can you imagine what horrible company she was? Not to say rude to her fellow diners or diner. She didn't want to leave her coat on over her shoulders because it was such a nice restaurant. Not your usual burger joint then! This is a bit petty, I know, but I thought her comments were funny and so off track.
For someone who was once responsible for delivering major news items & now wants to be seen as a serious author she acts very immaturely & spouts rubbish

Latest posts

Back