Nicole empire line dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe they re making up names but there's no denying this dress is popular. I was tempted but its too short and I don't have much occasion to wear dresses.

Maybe they re making up names but there's no denying this dress is popular. I was tempted but its too short and I don't have much occasion to wear dresses.

I've seen this dress that much that I feel I've worn it! I did like it when I first saw it but I've gone off it.....and it is too short if you're on the tall side and looks too bulky at the hem if you're on the short side.

Still, it is popular, so what do I know? :wink:

I've seen this dress that much that I feel I've worn it! I did like it when I first saw it but I've gone off it.....and it is too short if you're on the tall side and looks too bulky at the hem if you're on the short side.

Still, it is popular, so what do I know? :wink:

Yes too short for me too at my age at 5` 4" and I can`t get along with the hem line either no two dresses sit the same ..I think they should have put a band at the bottom so the gathers could be even!! But as you say what do we know lol

Well its been re born as the Anamor Drape Dress... Sally Jacks is wearing it now the top looks ok but the skirt especially the hem IMO doesn`t look good at all on her ...the material looks quite thin ...They really have flogged this style to death !!

A few people in work seem very happy with the clothing they have bought, including some of the 'Nicole' lines.

One person wasn't as impressed with a 'Styled By' Leather Jacket, apparently she felt the stitching was a bit 'flimsy' but that the Leather was nice and soft.

Personally I'll only buy Bonded Leather products now, it's the best because Suzy says so :mysmilie_59:

A few people in work seem very happy with the clothing they have bought, including some of the 'Nicole' lines.

One person wasn't as impressed with a 'Styled By' Leather Jacket, apparently she felt the stitching was a bit 'flimsy' but that the Leather was nice and soft.

Personally I'll only buy Bonded Leather products now, it's the best because Suzy says so :mysmilie_59:

Hiya Wirral, hope you enjoyed your holiday. I bought the potd, almost everything sold out. I can vouch for the Nicole tops, they're a lovely drape because they're viscose, I got six for under £45..........so that's me sorted for Summer. :mysmilie_14:

Haven't there been accusations elsewhere that Ideal have been removing unfavourable reviews from their website?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

I was reading Private Eye the other and there was an article about Trustpilot. A broadband provider (not one of the well known ones) doesn't have a good reputation on other sites but got very good reviews on Trustpilot. One of the rules around posting reviews is that the customer has to have the negative experience within the last year. If you were just finishing a three year contract then the provider could (and did) object to the review. Trustpilot make a decision on whether to keep the review or not. Negative comments about this broadband company were disappearing fast.

The punchline in this instance was that the broadband company and Trustpilot are owed by the same company which makes you wonder about impartiality. It makes me wonder who you can trust on review sites (and I am always really really honest if writing a review!!!!!).

Once I was reading Trip Advisor looking at a bed and breakfast in York that I had previously used many times. It was a lovely B & B and the reviews were favourable (having stayed there myself you could tell that the reviewer had stayed there). However one review was terrible and basically said that it was filthy, furniture falling to bits blah blah blah. It practically said giant rats were running around (I am exaggerating but you get the picture). It was so obviously a fake review.

I was reading Private Eye the other and there was an article about Trustpilot. A broadband provider (not one of the well known ones) doesn't have a good reputation on other sites but got very good reviews on Trustpilot. One of the rules around posting reviews is that the customer has to have the negative experience within the last year. If you were just finishing a three year contract then the provider could (and did) object to the review. Trustpilot make a decision on whether to keep the review or not. Negative comments about this broadband company were disappearing fast.

The punchline in this instance was that the broadband company and Trustpilot are owed by the same company which makes you wonder about impartiality. It makes me wonder who you can trust on review sites (and I am always really really honest if writing a review!!!!!).

Once I was reading Trip Advisor looking at a bed and breakfast in York that I had previously used many times. It was a lovely B & B and the reviews were favourable (having stayed there myself you could tell that the reviewer had stayed there). However one review was terrible and basically said that it was filthy, furniture falling to bits blah blah blah. It practically said giant rats were running around (I am exaggerating but you get the picture). It was so obviously a fake review.

The trouble with review sites is that people are probably more inclined to post about bad experiences, it's human nature I suppose.

Nevertheless, and certainly in Ideal World's case, there are hundreds and hundreds of reviews which are mostly very poor and not just on TrustPilot either. However, I don't recall having any issues with them at all when we were customers (which was a good while ago).

I say take companies as you personally find them, if they let you down jib them. People slate TalkTalk (and in many respects quite rightly too) but, perhaps very untypically, we've genuinely never had any issues with them, in fact it's the best broadband and phone service we've ever had and it's dirt cheap too.

But no company even comes close to the trouble NPower caused us, not even remotely! :mysmilie_59:

The trouble with review sites is that people are probably more inclined to post about bad experiences, it's human nature I suppose.

Nevertheless, and certainly in Ideal World's case, there are hundreds and hundreds of reviews which are mostly very poor and not just on TrustPilot either. However, I don't recall having any issues with them at all when we were customers (which was a good while ago).

I say take companies as you personally find them, if they let you down jib them. People slate TalkTalk (and in many respects quite rightly too) but, perhaps very untypically, we've genuinely never had any issues with them, in fact it's the best broadband and phone service we've ever had and it's dirt cheap too.

But no company even comes close to the trouble NPower caused us, not even remotely! :mysmilie_59:

I agree Wirral. If I was to warn people of a company to steer clear from, it would be AO. They are absolutely awful, rude, patronising, not interested, absolutely awful from start to finish. Our new fridge freezer developed a fault after two months, were it leaked underneath, two engineers said there was nothing wrong with it, even though you could see it and smell it, and insisted we'd dropped something under it, we honest to goodness hadn't. Also there was a kink in the seal around the freezer, the "engineer" yanked at it then said we'd need the freezer door replaced, leaving it worse than he found it, so days passed and we'd heard nothing only to find out when I rang that the "engineer" never put that in his report so we couldn't have a new door. So after fighting them for months and getting in touch with Trading Standards, who don't seem to be doing much, we got rid of it, putting it down to a bad experience and bought one from a more reputable company, so if I've helped one person by letting them know how bad, really bad AO are, I'm happy with that. They're no cheaper than anywhere else, so go with a company who'll treat you right should a fault develop.

I never take much notice of reviews now especially if its all 5 stars.I purchased a Vax Vacuum based on reviews and its the worse one i have ever had. Needs emptying and the filter cleaning out almost after every use.It cannot cope with even a slight bit of dust or cat hairs.Im not talking about a huge build up ,I'm talking daily vacuum. I also brush my cats to minimise hairs.

I leave it upstairs now and still use my ancient trusty Henry downstairs.

I never take much notice of reviews now especially if its all 5 stars.I purchased a Vax Vacuum based on reviews and its the worse one i have ever had. Needs emptying and the filter cleaning out almost after every use.It cannot cope with even a slight bit of dust or cat hairs.Im not talking about a huge build up ,I'm talking daily vacuum. I also brush my cats to minimise hairs.

I leave it upstairs now and still use my ancient trusty Henry downstairs.

Vax is a brand we also avoid. We had a Vax Steam Mop which really wasn't cheap (about £80) yet it was absolutely hopeless. It spat out more scalding hot water than it created steam and despite returning it were told it was fine and functioning as it was designed to.

We haven't had much luck with Steam Mops, we've had several since that one and the latest one we bought is an expensive Thane H20 Power X which works OK (just) but it's so heavy, runs out of water in a few minutes and the head is so big and cumbersome it makes everything even more of a chore. The vacuum part is a bit pants too :mysmilie_59:

Must say I love my Vax compared to the Dyson I had. I love how lightweight it is and the extremely long flex. It's all about personal choice and what you're looking for in a product. It does seem to need cleaning a bit more but I don't mind that.

Must say I love my Vax compared to the Dyson I had. I love how lightweight it is and the extremely long flex. It's all about personal choice and what you're looking for in a product. It does seem to need cleaning a bit more but I don't mind that.

The best vacuum for suction we've had is a £40 Argos own brand Prolectrix Cylinder model with good old paper bags, trouble is it's as heavy as a Tank!

I think Dyson's are ludicrously priced, we've never had a Vax vacuum cleaner. As for Steam Mops we've gone back to using our old £20 Pifco model, light as a feather but not all that 'steamy' :mysmilie_59:

Yea Gods - how many of these dresses did they buy in? They seem to be trying to flog them every time I dip in. They've got ''even more new colours to choose from'' now. Don't forget the the 'pockets', which are really where you can put your hands between the main dress and the bit of material looping up and over. They look to have a never ending supply, there must be a giants size warehouse somewhere stacked to the gunnels with them!:)

Most probably that dress must be IW's best sell ever because they sold thousands. The dress itself is very trendy and other companies like Yong Kim, Joins , Marla Wayne sell similar clothes for a lot more.

I was looking through Chesca fashions and they have a dress very much alike for £ 155 OR £ 125

I_0000003143025_50_20160218

and

I_5056022500054_51_20151019

and

I_5055532672299_51_20150414

£ 125

I_5055532666663_50_20141113

OK they are prints whereas Nicole dresses are in plain colours.

IW might bring them in prints also .

At £ 19.99 people can buy 7 dresses and have change :)

Vax is a brand we also avoid. We had a Vax Steam Mop which really wasn't cheap (about £80) yet it was absolutely hopeless. It spat out more scalding hot water than it created steam and despite returning it were told it was fine and functioning as it was designed to.

We haven't had much luck with Steam Mops, we've had several since that one and the latest one we bought is an expensive Thane H20 Power X which works OK (just) but it's so heavy, runs out of water in a few minutes and the head is so big and cumbersome it makes everything even more of a chore. The vacuum part is a bit pants too :mysmilie_59:

We have a Vax animal vacuum and it is fine. We don't have animals but got it for the power.

I see Baby Jane is, yet again, wearing one of the many, many Nicole outfits that she's supposedly bought :wink:

And Billy Bunter Remblance is going on about healthy living again, he might have lost the Vauxhall Daddy Beard but he's still a Bubba Daddy, where's ya Cigar? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

I think I'm full up to the brim with spiralised courgette now. If I see another bowl of it I'll throw up :mysmilie_46:

Momma, ooh me too Honky Tonks. Who does Lard Arse Remblance think he's kidding? Courgetti? No carbs?

Please, he's one Big Daddi Tagliatelli Carb O Nara :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back