Nina Leonard Fashion Designs TSV 10/07/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well - I was literally in the middle of saying how I thought the pink version of this dress was alright, the pink panels that match the fabric look so much better than a stark contrast, the belt was worn tied at back, it looked nice and "flippy" - I wasn't thinking of buying 'cause it's still overpriced polyester tat - Then suddenly I erased everything and this is because they had a recap and showed the dresses on a different model and they all looked terrible pink one included. I have since realised that the young slim model with the red hair could wear a old bin bag and still look good...being so slim the godets only showed when she walked, and weren't just "there" like 2 incongruous flaps of fabric.
Going back to the horrendous spotty one, which would've been a bit nicer had the godet panels been made from the same spotty fabric or picked out in the brown instead of the white..White was too much of a contrast to the whole dress and they just stuck out like a sore thumb....as did the lacking of fabric matching on the seams. Anyone who's ever watched sewing bee would know how much of a no no this is...though in this case I think this howler would be obvious to anyone watching. So in all worse than I thought.
Advice to QVC ….stop selling crap or just use the redhead to model everything!

I knew I`d seen similar to the dreadful pink version of this dress. Mrs Doubtfire rides again a la 1993 !
doubtfire.jpg

It would have looked far better as a maxi, in better prints and without that bit of string (allegedly the belt) round the middle.

Everytime there is a dress (in mags or qvc) in brown with white spots, its AWAYS likend to Pretty Woman. Julia Roberts wore so many dresses in that film, yet that is the one thats ALWAYS mentioned.

More to the point, why did the buyers agree to it when it's so awful? Isn't the fashion industry trying to stop us buying throw-away garments and reduce the landfill? The dress is a bit similar to a style Melania Trump wears...only a bit though.

Holy Moly if you want to see awful look at the video of item number 187020 with Pipa wearing it with ankle boots. There is no doubt that Pipa even though time is passing can still look modern and wear most thing with a bit of flair but in this she could pass for a 80 year old granny with no interest in clothes.

I saw her 'live' with Eva, and no words can describe. Can you IMAGINE the presenter comments when they realised they'd be wearing it on their shift ? Chuntley got away with it by wearing MW as she was presenting it on the following show.

Just watched Julia on Gok Wan's show and she was wearing her own MW balloon dress in black and obviously looked fine...can't really go wrong with that style..However the shock for me was Gok's collection..I thought he was supposed to be a champion for women's fashion and knew how to dress the female form in all it's different shapes and sizes...The collection ran from garish to utterly mundane with very little in between. Maxi dresses with headache inducing stripes at the bottom -made out of swathes of cheap looking fabric. Rupert bear trousers, collarless jackets, long coatigan (looked like jersey fabric) £95! and a t shirt with a slogan on - "Not all angels have wings"..obvs cashing in on the pandemic...£33..would've meant something if a donation was made to the NHS for every purchase...and yes caught sight of Pipa wearing that dress....she looked awful. I don't know why QVC can't sell decent clothes for decent prices!

Whoever commissioned this TSV needs to take a long, hard look. I've seen similar, but better and cheaper on the market. Who is the target market, exactly? I just don't "get" it.

Just watched Julia on Gok Wan's show and she was wearing her own MW balloon dress in black and obviously looked fine...can't really go wrong with that style..However the shock for me was Gok's collection..I thought he was supposed to be a champion for women's fashion and knew how to dress the female form in all it's different shapes and sizes...The collection ran from garish to utterly mundane with very little in between. Maxi dresses with headache inducing stripes at the bottom -made out of swathes of cheap looking fabric. Rupert bear trousers, collarless jackets, long coatigan (looked like jersey fabric) £95! and a t shirt with a slogan on - "Not all angels have wings"..obvs cashing in on the pandemic...£33..would've meant something if a donation was made to the NHS for every purchase...and yes caught sight of Pipa wearing that dress....she looked awful. I don't know why QVC can't sell decent clothes for decent prices!
I looked at his “collection” for the first time just the other day and was amazed at just how awful and pricey it was. His Tu collection wasn’t great but it was cheap and aimed at the supermarket browser this is just crapjest of the crap.

I've just returned home after two weeks supporting our bereaved nephew & his sons to be greeted by my QVC mad neighbour calling out that she saw the TSV dress & thought of me...

Um, that's so sad Twilight, and the last thing you need is having salt rubbed in the wound.

As for the dumpy Gonk, he's made a career out of what ? being a self publicist and having a gimmick of thick rimmed glasses. I wonder how much he pleaded with his agent to 'get him on qvc'. If there was no more poly/elastene in the world this 'designer' would find himself working in Sainsbury's instead of making money out of them.

Latest posts

Back