Nina Leonard Fashion Designs TSV 24/01/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep, definitely looks like maternity-wear.

eta: Does anyone else find Kate Bandell hard to watch? Her false laugh really gets my goat.
:yell:

I actually quite like Cate Bandell but the NL brand has really gone downhill and Cate doesn't do it too many favours by wearing a size too small. I've got a stack of NL in my wardrobe and some really nice dresses from a while ago. I think NL need to ditch that cheap, crappy fabric and get back to designing some stylish, classic clothes.

CC

I actually quite like Cate Bandell but the NL brand has really gone downhill and Cate doesn't do it too many favours by wearing a size too small. I've got a stack of NL in my wardrobe and some really nice dresses from a while ago. I think NL need to ditch that cheap, crappy fabric and get back to designing some stylish, classic clothes.

CC

Yes, I like Cate too. And I agree with you about her dress size. Even if it looks nice in real life, I think she does need to size up for on camera.

I wish all the US clothing brands would stop buying up all the most hideous, eye-bleeding patterns. I know they must do it because in a plain fabric or simpler pattern all the corners cut (pun intended) would be obvious to see.

Back in the day, I found my perfect style was a long column dress - and whenever I wear one either in plain or pattern, I get compliments.

I do wish they didn't do so much stuff in vomit pink (which they normally call blush)!

That's it. Will this be Blush or Smoke? The length difference between front & back is so minor it just looks badly made & the sleeves look baggy on Deborah Ann.

Yep, clearly if one is blessed with arms like twigs then it will fit better.

Must say I preferred the necklaces to the dress. Ooops !

Was Flinty wearing the tunic in her keep fit hour, as she pumped her way up and down on a torture machine ?

It was hilarious, she looked a right sight.

Yep, clearly if one is blessed with arms like twigs then it will fit better.

Must say I preferred the necklaces to the dress. Ooops !

I liked that necklace too but where would I wear it and apparently it "clacks like those old clackers". Not sure I believe that. Mr CC was tentatively talking about a new year cruise 20/21 (thought we said we wouldn't do another) so maybe that's where I would wear it.

CC

I liked that necklace too but where would I wear it and apparently it "clacks like those old clackers". Not sure I believe that. Mr CC was tentatively talking about a new year cruise 20/21 (thought we said we wouldn't do another) so maybe that's where I would wear it.

CC

Like it! Woman after my own heart- buy the cruise to go with the jewellery!

Fibby looks exactly as I thought she would. She's wearing the medium, hip measurement of 56 inches, & she keeps pulling at the sides so she must be aware that it's hugging her bum.

The upper part is so stretched on her it looks like the stitches are about to come apart. Looks most uncomfortable with all the pulling at the arms. I think it doesn’t look nice on any of them and I dread to think what anyone watching QVC for the first time would think. One way to lose more potential customers.

I’ve bought a few tops, trousers and maxi dresses from NL in the past and they are still going strong. However, I’ve not bought anything from the range in the past couple of years because, whatever they say about their being “on trend,” in my opinion the quality, styles and odd colour combinations have gone downhill.

Another reason for not buying this tsv. Its too short ! Even flinty is wearing leggings underneath, and floaty dresses that 'hit' the knee doesn't look good.

American designers never seem to get measurements right for the UK market. Like Ronnie Nicole whose bust sizes goes up in 1" increments (for gawds sake) and they are always on the short size. Ok if our female population stopped at 5'4, but we dont. If this style is necessary, then hitting calf length with NO hi-lo hem, and with the pockets would be a better look.

I don’t think I have seen so many arsebook posts commenting on how awful the TSV is.

Normally it’s because of the price but this one they couldn’t give away.

I don’t think I have seen so many arsebook posts commenting on how awful the TSV is.

Normally it’s because of the price but this one they couldn’t give away.
I totally agree & the following post should give them something to think about -
'After seeing the tsv I honestly think that QVC are finished and they are putting any old crap up for sale to try to get as much money before they shut up shop'.

Omg I have just looked at the online presentation, what a disaster. I can only imagine that due to the cheap fabric and the cut on some larger ladies it will look like they have a parcel shelf around the back. I'm not very tall neither am I a size 10 but I would not be seen dead in this 'dress'.

I hope they didn't order large volumes! No colours sold out and stock in almost all sizes...It tells you how completely out of touch QVC have become!

This brand may quietly disappear like so many others have done over the years :rip:

Latest posts

Back