Ninja Food Processer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goldie, IMO go for the second one. I honestly believe the higher wattage makes a massive difference, even though it's only an extra 100w.

I have had a number of different ones and I would say it depends what you want to do. For example, I lived in temporary accommodation for a few months when we first came over to Switzerland and so all my kitchen wizardry had to be in storage. So, I wanted a machine that did everything I.e. Liquidised soups, made burgers, did breadcrumbs, made smoothies, chopped veg etc. but now I have all my other equipment back I want it to basically prep stuff. I have the one with the two containers with lids and find that excellent. I use it virtually very day and that is the one that I would replace immediately if it broke. I like it best because the two containers can be rotated through the dishwasher and you can prep food ready to cook quickly when the children get in from school. Also, the bigger one that I had (I think it may be 700w) was just too big and too powerful for doing the prep jobs. It was difficult to control if you just want to cut one onion and then you had to put it in a different container to store in the fridge to cook later. The one with two containers is easy to pulse and control. And the containers on mine fit in the fridge shelves (I would measure and check these ones fit in your main fridge shelves). I use mine for:
Chopping onions
Chopping carrots and celery
Chopping garlic and ginger (stir fry)
Grating cheese inc Parmesan

if you want to make more smoothies and liquidise soups then you would want to make sure you had the bigger beaker. Mine just has the two smaller beakers with flip lids which is fine as I have got liquidisers for that!

Hi thanks for the info ! I am thinking of using it to make smoothies to encourage my teenager to eat more healthy . I like the idea you can crush ice and make nice drinks but don't want it to be another dust collecter lol

Hi thanks for the info ! I am thinking of using it to make smoothies to encourage my teenager to eat more healthy . I like the idea you can crush ice and make nice drinks but don't want it to be another dust collecter lol

Haha! Well, I think I would go for the 500 w with the jug and the 2 containers. That way you get the more powerful motor (better for smoothies) , the option to use it for food prep, and unless the teenager is going to drink a smoothie bigger than 1.2l the jug should be big enough!

Many thanks just ordered that one on easy pay too. My daughter is now excited the through of homemade mayonnaise and ice cream lol ����

Many thanks just ordered that one on easy pay too. My daughter is now excited the through of homemade mayonnaise and ice cream lol 🍧🍦

Excellent ! Better chuck some fruit in the freezer ready then......:mysmilie_8:

I bought the recent TSV, having bought the one with the additional jugs last year for my son - who is an avid 'chef.' It did a great job when I made 'icecream' with frozen fruit and I've now stocked up on frozen fruit so I can enjoy that dessert whenever the fancy takes me. Its power is adequate for my needs.

Had anybody got any ice-cream recipes?
If it's like t he Vitamix then it's 1 part liquid (cream) to 3 parts frozen fruit ( strawberries and/or bananas and or/ raspberries and/or anything. Put the cream in first then chuck in the fruit and pulse it to make the fruit jump around a bit. After , say, 5 pulses then hold the button down for a bit. Not long as you don't need to. You may want to sweeten it more. I use squirty honey or stevia. Or use fruit juice and make more of a sorbet. Or use custard( bought or made) with frozen peach slices from a tin that you tray froze.
It makes a soft scoop ice cream and it's not really for keeping - use it right away.
Enjoy!

Thanks will need to try that one . I wish I had recorded the show as they made icecream from frozen fruit and something else wasn't cream through .

Thanks will need to try that one . I wish I had recorded the show as they made icecream from frozen fruit and something else wasn't cream through .

I bought the Large Ninja when it was the TSV earlier in the year. I tried the "ice cream" that was made on the show, Easiyo with frozen mango, it was ok but think my mango was under ripe and tasted woody. I've used Easiyo Greek and frozen berries, just the shops own brand and also tried it with shops own yoghurt and tinned fruit that I froze, both tasted lovely.

I use frozen fruit and Actimel yoghurt and it tastes great. I keep making too much though. :wink:

I put some frozen fruit, a bit of honey and a little semi-skimmed milk in the Ninja and blitz it and it makes a lovely cold thick ice cream.

Latest posts

Back