Ninja TSV 14/3/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was fortunate enough to get a double drawer Ninja air fryer from Argos recently. Having had an Instant Brands single drawer smaller capacity one before that, which I have also kept as a reserve, the double drawer facility makes all the difference for me. Having a one drawer unit I found was very restrictive - particularly if I wanted to cook two types of food that didn’t really suit being mixed together for whatever reason. It was also interesting to watch the demonstrator on QVC compared to the clowns they use at Ideal World. Having somebody who can actually cook (the QVC man) and makes something visually attractive, certainly enhances the credibility and ‘buyability’ of the product. Essentially, (large roasts/casserole type dishes excepted) I can now more or less do all my general cooking in the air fryers, rather than using my conventional electric oven.

Recently I bought a replacement basket for my ninja foodi, really like my foodi, it took 3 weeks to arrive and that was after me complaining 5 times via email. They say they will dispatch quickly but they don't and it was an in stock item. I know they have a rep for not havng replacement parts but I didn't expect that. It's put me off them big time.

Yep, Boff, looks pretty good to me. I did um and ah over buying the tsv - I live on my own so one basket should be enough, but I am rather running out of worktop room, so unless I start cooking on the dining room table........................

Our Ninja foodi 9 kept cutting out and Amazon had none in stock so it was returned and refunded.
We were unsure about getting another and in the end got the Instapot from Lakeland. I prefer this as the pressure cooker lid is not attached like the Ninja. We've also just purchased a Tower air fryer from Amazon, so faster than switching the oven on.
We were watching Jamie Oliver's £1 meal programme and a friend of his was making a £1 menu in an air fryer. Love Jamie or hate him he is trying to show you can cook meals for £1 or less per person.

As My Foodi 9 is now in the bin 😡😡 I've reverted to my Salter mini oven which is still going strong. This was £99 from IW and I've more than had my money's worth out of it. I'm going to look at the Instapot Patsy as I prefer cooking in small gadgets than my main cooker. I used Halogen ovens for years before all these new things came out but i found they only lasted about 2 years before conking out. I'm seriously considering just living on sandwiches but Mr CC would probably starve to death 💀💀

CC

Latest posts

Back