Ninja TSV 8/1/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I gave up after about five minutes or so. Alex seems to have joined the ranks of the ‘talk as fast as you can’ presenters!

I honestly can’t see the point of this except maybe for a holiday home/caravan or if you don’t have an oven. To me having an oven then another oven on your worktop would just look odd, our oven is split in to two, a large oven on the bottom and one like this Ninja on the top, so having an other oven would just look daft, I know it does much more but still..........saying that though each to their own. 😃
Agreed! Most kitchens are equipped with everything you need..and the odd gadget in the cupboard like a slow cooker, pressure cooker maybe, and whilst our microwave oven does have an air fry facility, I have a small deep fat fryer..'cause you can't beat proper naughty chips really! Just something else to clutter up your work surfaces, and imvho work space is as useful as any kitchen gadget!

Agreed! Most kitchens are equipped with everything you need..and the odd gadget in the cupboard like a slow cooker, pressure cooker maybe, and whilst our microwave oven does have an air fry facility, I have a small deep fat fryer..'cause you can't beat proper naughty chips really! Just something else to clutter up your work surfaces, and imvho work space is as useful as any kitchen gadget!

I love my airfryer for chips, ooooh yummy. I wouldn’t buy something like this just for one function, this Nina just looks like a Jack of all trades, and quite small. The presentation said it’s mostly for things that are small or flat and to butterfly anything that’s too tall to go in, which by the looks of it would be a large potato.

I love my airfryer for chips, ooooh yummy. I wouldn’t buy something like this just for one function, this Nina just looks like a Jack of all trades, and quite small. The presentation said it’s mostly for things that are small or flat and to butterfly anything that’s too tall to go in, which by the looks of it would be a large potato.
The shape is all wrong, seems to have a huge footprint, but not enough height to be versatile.

I've got to leave enough room for my lettuce slicing gadget ;)

Anything where Gail Samways is the guest needs to be a avoided, in my opinion. Nothing that comes out of whatever gadget looks appetising, despite her bellowing "delicious" at every turn. A genuine sales repellent if ever I saw one! Pairing her with anyone nice would be pointless, as she bulldozes her way through the hour.

I’m so pleased I came on here for views. I was seriously tempted last night (could have been late-night weakness, which I do suffer from - I do too many online orders after 11pm!!). Having thought about what others are saying, I’m definitely not buying. In theory, it could have worked well for me but yes, the interior size is not great, even for me living on my own. I also looked at the outer dimensions. The scary guest said in the stored position (on its back end), it would only take up the surface space of a toaster but that end measures 19 x 50cm (7.5 x 20 inches) which would be one helluva toaster.

Was it always on Advance Order?

I’m so pleased I came on here for views. I was seriously tempted last night (could have been late-night weakness, which I do suffer from - I do too many online orders after 11pm!!). Having thought about what others are saying, I’m definitely not buying. In theory, it could have worked well for me but yes, the interior size is not great, even for me living on my own. I also looked at the outer dimensions. The scary guest said in the stored position (on its back end), it would only take up the surface space of a toaster but that end measures 19 x 50cm (7.5 x 20 inches) which would be one helluva toaster.

Was it always on Advance Order?

No it wasn’t on AV to start with, but I’ve just came across this while mooching. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/cookshop-digital-airfrying-multifunctional-oven-12l-with-accessories-501536?query=fh_view_size=24&fh_location=%2f%2fidealworld%2fen_GB%2f%24s%3doven&fh_sort=-_match_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw

or this. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/dae...ch_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw

Don’t know if these might be of interest Andi but thought I’d show you just in case. 😃👍

Last edited:
Thank you so very much. I am going to do some in-depth research now as I hadn’t thought of products which aren’t perhaps principally ovens but are something else with regular oven uses as well.
(y)😘(y)

Thank you so very much. I am going to do some in-depth research now as I hadn’t thought of products which aren’t perhaps principally ovens but are something else with regular oven uses as well.
(y)😘(y)

I had one similar to these a few years back and I used it every day, wasn’t expensive but was great for lobbing pasties, pies, breaded fish, things like that in, hardly ever use our large oven now, so it probably paid for itself in a couple of months 😃 I found the Ninja TSV quite expensive for such a small size.....,,and you’re very much welcome 🙏😘👍

Oh I love it here.

I thought she was Shouty but thought it was me. She was still shouty with the volume down.

I'm busy doing before bed routine so upstairs but not always in the bedroom so I often have Q on as it sort of works as a timer. I need to have done certain things by the time TSV done, then by individual items pitched. But works to a fashion. Miss Shouty got about three words, Ruth has had about three minutes but I have no interest in a jumper. I bought two March last year and not worn one at all, worn the "spring" one about three times. I'll give them another go this year.

Anyway they look like "cricket jumpers" yo me and I've done that style.

I had one similar to these a few years back and I used it every day, wasn’t expensive but was great for lobbing pasties, pies, breaded fish, things like that in, hardly ever use our large oven now, so it probably paid for itself in a couple of months 😃 I found the Ninja TSV quite expensive for such a small size.....,,and you’re very much welcome 🙏😘👍
Thanks again and yes, you’re right, it wasn’t the cheapest, was it? If I’m going to get anything, it needs to be a smaller surface footprint and a deeper usable oven bit. I’m currently swinging away from the idea actually. I get so drawn in by new ”equipment“ ideas but have to be realistic about how much I would actually use them. Storage is a perennial problem for me, as it worktop room.

I do appreciate your suggestions and comments, though 😘 x

I like the BA for Ninja - at least she's got personality! And I really like Ninja products - I've a few and they're all very good quality. Only problem I've had with the 2 I've ordered from QVC is that they never arrive so I've had to get them elsewhere...so we'll see whether this one arrives....

Well, mine arrived today.
I‘ve unpacked it and it looks good quality.
I’m going to try chips tonight, so I’ll let you know how it goes. We normally cut our own chips from fresh potatoes and bake them in the oven for 45 mins so they are a bit like roast potatoes.
Try this - when you've cut them (with skins if you want) rub some oil on them and salt and pepper then air fry at 200 degrees for 20 mins - divine!!! Crispy on outside and fluffy on inside x

Well, mine arrived today.
I‘ve unpacked it and it looks good quality.
I’m going to try chips tonight, so I’ll let you know how it goes. We normally cut our own chips from fresh potatoes and bake them in the oven for 45 mins so they are a bit like roast potatoes.
So, the results are in.
We cooked them for 25 mins after brushing them with oil, soft on the inside but not crispy on the outside. So I’m going to try rubbing them with salt next time.
But they were lovely, less greasy than normal and cooked much quicker, so hopefully less electricity

Latest posts

Back