NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

New Facebook post by Brandon

"Buffet” + Copper Peptides 1% is coming on Wednesday. It’s affordable. (The existing “Buffet” is not going anywhere.) Thank you, Prudvi, Heather, Melissa, Zevena, Alejandro, Injla, Ruth, Mazen and our other hard-working, passionate, intelligent team in our too-cozy lab. The new lab that deserves you much more is almost ready. I love you.

All this newness does make a cynic like me wonder if all the kerfuffle is simply a very good and cheap way to get people talking about the brand and hyper-aware of every new post. Beats using traditional methods, and Brandon is all about disruption... smart move if that's the case!

They have now opened the second (larger) factory in Canada and then are going to open the third one in Canada soon, and then later this year the fourth factory in Nottingham, that will be serving all of Europe.

They have now opened the second (larger) factory in Canada and then are going to open the third one in Canada soon, and then later this year the fourth factory in Nottingham, that will be serving all of Europe.

All of the drama and self-publicising this vain idiot Truaxe is involved with puts me right off everything he might produce. However good it might be, count me out, I'm avoiding it and him.

However, I'm giving him a couple of brownie points for choosing Nottingham for his European operation, ie supporting the UK. As long as he's not a bully to the staff, that is.

Estee Lauder who own shares will be cautious with all the drama and stupidity going on with the tweets etc. He could suddenly find they just pull the plug and leave or move in and just take the whole thing over.

Estee Lauder who own shares will be cautious with all the drama and stupidity going on with the tweets etc. He could suddenly find they just pull the plug and leave or move in and just take the whole thing over.

Do they have a reputation for not putting up with nonsense? I can imagine they would.

Do they have a reputation for not putting up with nonsense? I can imagine they would.

They are ruthless. Prescriptives remember the brand it was their own too? I loved the makeup and still own some of the palettes. Hadn't been doing too well compared to their other brands. A Thursday in October it was all over the web the brand was closing down, this was after EL announced they would give the brand 6 months to get it together. This was only a few weeks after the first announcement. The real kicker was, UK staff were at training in London on Thursday and Friday. So whilst the whole world with internet knew the brand was closing down the staff at the training knew nothing. Friday morning staff all sitting in the hall to be told about new product launches and then told we are closing the brand down in January. I was told this by the counter manager at my House of Fraser on the Saturday! He said they had new products in warehouses ready to arrive at counters as well. The staff where shell-shocked no warning just we are closing the brand in two months! Now Prescriptives after an outcry did come back online only in the US with very limited products.

Then QVC had a TSV, which people had been told would never happen, so getting rid of excess stock. I remember Alison Young insisting you would still be able to buy from QVC UK, no!

Oh I remember Prescriptives tsv and Alison saying the brand is going to be available to order.
Brandon owns 70-something % of the shares surely EL cannot kick him out?
But he must be mistaken thinking that they are like a caring family (he posted a while ago) must’ve got fooled by the warm reception

I remember AY raving about Prescriptives and I got the TSV and some bits on the DHS. By the time I shopped for more (as AY had said some of the.products were the greatest you could buy anywhere- yes, this was when I was a naive Q watcher!) the brand had vanished. I was ticked off at the time that it was being promoted on Q when it was dead in the water.

I am shocked at the way the staff were treated!

But they can decide to pull out and he will have to pay back the money they have invested with interest no doubt. Also with their backing much bigger customer awareness in stores worldwide.

But they can decide to pull out and he will have to pay back the money they have invested with interest no doubt. Also with their backing much bigger customer awareness in stores worldwide.

Yes, the whole idea was to leverage their infrastructure for supply chain and distribution, wasn't it?

Mind you, Brandon's demonstrated his own ruthlessness. He sold on Indeed Laboratories. He sold on Grow Gorgeous. He's recently and publicly ditched Dr Esho products via social media. I doubt he is unaware of the cutthroat nature of the business and the track record of his partners.

As he owns a convincingly controlling stake in the company, he can't be outflanked by EL, as there are no other shareholders who they can buy shares off to increase their stake. The part of the business which he has brought them in for is more or less generic, and if necessary he could buy back and sell on their share to another beauty company for the same purpose... and there will be takers if he continues to innovate successfully, and keeps the buzz going for the brand. But social media is a double-edged sword, as many companies are finding out. If customers don't like what the brand is doing, or no longer feel that the values of the brand chime, they could go elsewhere.

More drama
He has apparently laid off all US staff! https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/deciem-ceo-brandon-truaxe-fires-entire-u-s-staff.html

Article about the firing of Nicola Kilner from her perspective in Elle Magazine: https://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-...r-former-co-ceo-deciem-getting-fired-profile/

Sounds like Brandon Truaxe and Estée Lauder deserve each other. Maybe they'll be sucked into the vortex of their own self-obsession and importance and vanish off the face of the earth.

The interview with Nicola Kilner is quite tame. I get the impression that whoever interviewed her was deeply disappointed she (and her hubby) don't have the knives out for Brandon. There's one line in it about her appearing to be "unwillingly rescued from a cult" (that's not an exact quote, I don't think).

Kilner remembers that on one of the most turbulent days of Instagram chaos, Deciem’s sales were the second-highest since Black Friday.

I guess that's how he makes his money ever since

You feed a narcissist and they just feel more and more self-important.

I will say he has a confidentially clause and if you say the wrong thing when you leave he can take you to court.

Latest posts

Back