NN and origin of feathers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tia

milk in our tea
On a hill, at the end of the road, where the wind
i read and article today in the belgian papers that IKEA not longer uses its east european suppliers for feathers and down as a Swedish reporter found out that factories in Hungary ad poland are skinning the poor birds alive.
IKEA stopped working with a chinese supplier earlier this year for the same reason.
Eastern Europe is receiving a lot of money from the EU, but on social, tax and animal welfare matters they will not bulge. There are so many articles on the net atm with regards animal abuse in the old communist block.

This makes me wonder, where does Northern nights gets its feathers from? Knowing QVC morals, they do not care, as they still work with DB.

i will email them, but don't expect any reply

I'd be interested to know now you've pointed those things out....

I love NN but I didn't get on the featherbed and am quite happy with my pillows from a dept store - so although feathers aren't an issue for me,its an interesting point

i read and article today in the belgian papers that IKEA not longer uses its east european suppliers for feathers and down as a Swedish reporter found out that factories in Hungary ad poland are skinning the poor birds alive.
IKEA stopped working with a chinese supplier earlier this year for the same reason.
Eastern Europe is receiving a lot of money from the EU, but on social, tax and animal welfare matters they will not bulge. There are so many articles on the net atm with regards animal abuse in the old communist block.

This makes me wonder, where does Northern nights gets its feathers from? Knowing QVC morals, they do not care, as they still work with DB.

i will email them, but don't expect any reply

I belive they get their feathers from this company - pacific coast. I'm sure soosy has mentioned them

https://www.pacificcoast.com/

China.

Someone(sorry forget who), put a link down in the drop ages ago about NN and the cruelty involved in the feathers.

Yes, it's China.
I don't use feather pillows or toppers. I saw some horrific footage on TV several years ago, of ducks and geese being cruelly plucked. Ghastly. :(

Latest posts

Back