No included batteries any more !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I've just been watching this Atari retro TV game - - -

http://www.qvcuk.com/Atari-Flashback-8-Gold.product.516513.html?sc=IROA

They kept saying you needed AAA batteries, and I kept waiting for someone to say "Of course, if something needs batteries, QVC wil supply them free".

But they didn't say this so I checked the description.

It said "BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED"!

Is this a new QVC policy?

would not surprise me batteries were a good bligh with qvc. if they take that one thing away i will def think twice about buying

I always thought it was the company who made the product who included the batteries with the product? Buy a TV etc and the batteries for the remote will be sealed in the box with the TV.

Possibly the details were copy and pasted from the manufacturers blurb but then QVC add them to the box?

I've just been watching this Atari retro TV game - - -

http://www.qvcuk.com/Atari-Flashback-8-Gold.product.516513.html?sc=IROA

They kept saying you needed AAA batteries, and I kept waiting for someone to say "Of course, if something needs batteries, QVC wil supply them free".

But they didn't say this so I checked the description.

It said "BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED"!

Is this a new QVC policy?

I imagine they'll greenwash this bit of cost-cutting. Something along the lines of "QVC takes the protection of our environment seriously and aims to reduce the consumption of non-rechargeable batteries which *insert overblown claim here"

I received something this morning and batteries were included. There was nothing on the packaging to indicate the contents but it was delivered by Hermes.

I received something this morning and batteries were included. There was nothing on the packaging to indicate the contents but it was delivered by Hermes.

Well, we know all about these discreet packages that don't tell you what's inside. Batteries included, you say?

Well, we know all about these discreet packages that don't tell you what's inside. Batteries included, you say?

It was from QVC and nothing "iffy." :mysmilie_510: I meant it came in a box without the contents being emblazoned all over the outside, so no one would have known that it was an item that needed batteries. (And that description probably sounds as debatable as my previous post, lol.)

I imagine they'll greenwash this bit of cost-cutting. Something along the lines of "QVC takes the protection of our environment seriously and aims to reduce the consumption of non-rechargeable batteries which *insert overblown claim here"
Now there's an idea of how they could reduce their P&P costs. Price aside, it really does irritate me the amount of packaging their products come in and the amount of plastic tape I have to remove before putting the cardboard in the recycling bin. I'm not aware that they even seek feedback on their packaging the way other vendors do.

Latest posts

Back