No No advice needed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
Hi guys, am needing some advice re No No and know how knowledgable you can all be on here!

I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) had it for years now (about 15 years) anyway, just recently, i have started to notice an increase of wee white downy hairs on my face and jaw (must have fallen out the top of my head and landed on my face!!). Hence the advice request

I have been looking at the No No, which if I believed the hype on QVC and other shopping channels, would be a godsend, but then i read the reviews, hmm, dont know what to do

I know i could get a 90 day money back guarantee on QVC but am worried if i start messing with the white downy hair, it comes back in darker (which would be my worst nightmare!!!) I know theres a TSV on the 10th August so have till then to decide...

Has anyone tried the No No on white, fuzzy, downy hair and what happens with regrowth? I am not bothered about my body (you could count the hairs on my arms and legs on 2 hands) its just my face, dont know what to do...

Any advice will be gratefully received!

Thanks for your time guys x

The product should not make your hair come back darker or stronger. Its your hormones which control this, so I cannot see how this could do that. I know they say in passing that certain types of hair it will not work on. Because you have a hormone problem, I would ask your GP if this will help or not? No good wasting money, even if there is a MBG on something that will make no difference.

in my experience the no no was total crap and i wouldn't waste your money... but i agree with donna if you wish to try it and are worried, ask your GP they'll be able to give you advice

I sympathize with you because I've had this problem which was first diagnosed when I was about 14, although they didn't give it a name in those days (1963).

I'm sorry to report that I personally believe the NO NO to be a rip off of the highest magnitude. I thought at last something that I can do in private, as the longer you have facial hair in particular, the stronger it becomes regardless of which method you use to shorten its life or try to get rid of it, one of my big bug bears is that here we are in the 21st century and there's no difinitive method for permanently removing hair.

I'm sure NO NO works on some people who maybe didn't have such a lot of hair, or a stronger growth which they've had over a number of years. Certainly, i would not think they could make the claims they do, but I went on to YOUTUBE and it seems i'm not alone in what I think.

All of the TV ads I've seen, as well as the shopping channels, the people using the NO NO are certainly much younger than me male and female. I am now 65 and I despair of never being able to get rid of it permanently, it saddens me too.

If you're diagnosed with PCOS you should be able to get Vaniqa on prescription. It will work on unwanted facial hair that is down to the side effects of PCOS. Sounds like you might have thinning hair too from your post. Talk to your GP about cyproterone acetate. I had raging PCOS and always jokingly said I was grateful not to have thinning hair. Proper diagnosis and medication has made me realise my hair was about a third of the thickness is should be and is now I'm on medication. You might have to fight for it. My own GP is amazing. Others in the practice won't sign off on my prescriptions but he will.

If you're diagnosed with PCOS you should be able to get Vaniqa on prescription. It will work on unwanted facial hair that is down to the side effects of PCOS. Sounds like you might have thinning hair too from your post. Talk to your GP about cyproterone acetate. I had raging PCOS and always jokingly said I was grateful not to have thinning hair. Proper diagnosis and medication has made me realise my hair was about a third of the thickness is should be and is now I'm on medication. You might have to fight for it. My own GP is amazing. Others in the practice won't sign off on my prescriptions but he will.

I've never heard of Vaniqa, is it a tablet or topical? I have PCOS too and suffer from the same problem.

My (head) hair is bizarre; so, so thick, frizzy and enormous that if not straightened it looks like some sort of recently electrocuted brown candyfloss. I've had the aforementioned PCOS, thyroid problems, vitamin deficiencies and stomach surgery, all associated with hair loss, had indeed lost vast amounts of hair, and it's still the thickest hair of anyone I know by far. I was hoping that'd be the upside of having those things; finally having a reasonable amount of hair.

Thanks everyone for the advice, will take it all onboard, also about my thinning hair Tinkerbelle (think I will be changing my doc soon anyway, when I asked about redness on my face (high pigmentation being another symptom) I was told, oh your face is just red there, go to a high street chemist and look for green concealer, and you dont want to know the three options I was given when my hair all started to fall out at the age of 29, before they knew it was due to PCOS!)

Thanks again, hugs to you all x

I too have pcos, diagnosed when I was 16 and 24 years later, my head has always been halo of frizz and my facial and body hair growth a very bad problem that needs daily attention. I tried the NoNo on facial hair and it didn't work. In fact, it burned because I kept persevering when I should have quit. My gynae gave me Vaniqa a very long time ago - something like 15 years ago. It was a relatively new thing back then, so it could be the formula has changed now, but back then it didn't slow down my growth at all. What HAS worked though, is the Decleor post-hair removal lotion you can get on QVC site. You have to persevere but it has slowed growth down for me within a few weeks. It's all natural aromatherapy ingredients, being Decleor, so it's safe and won't harm anything. I am desperate to try one of the light lasers on QVC, so so desperate, but I just don't have the money right now. One day...
As an aside too, I've recently used Wen from QVC after years of frizzy uncontrollable hair like cotton wool, and it is miraculous! Absolutely no frizz, perfect spiral curls, stays soft and non-frizzy for days without needing to wash it daily. Definitely worth trying it for those ladies with pcos frizz.
Anyway, good luck on finding your solution. Let us know if you find something that works xxx

Can I just add that I love my No!No! I too have lots of light downy facial hair which could not be lasered. Epilating and waxing caused massive spots on my very pale skin. I use mine once a week and I have very soft re growth. It's worth trying on the MBG. It's made a huge difference to me and I finally feel confident enough to have my hair up!

I know lots of people haven't got on with it and it doesn't suit everyone but it's been great for me. Make sure to follow the instructions properly if you go for it. I saw some negative reviews about the strength not setting correctly but it seems folk were confused by the energy bars on the unit. Xxx

Vaniqa is a cream. It doesn't work for everyone but if it works for you its brilliant. Worth a try if you can get it on prescription.

The No No! was one of the few items I returned to QVC. I kept it for 60 days until I returned it, I gave it my best shot, but it did not work for me and it really irritated my skin. My mum advised me against getting it, as she had bought it a while before and she sent it back as she felt it made no difference, but I didn't listen.
I know some folk swear by it, but no-one I know.

Latest posts

Back