No No, yes, or No? :) Hair removal help needed.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
hey there lovely people :)

Really quite stuck atm and thought I would ask you kindly for your advice, thoughts, experiences.
I'm thinking of getting either a No No, a Pearl Hair Remover or a Rio Laser, the No No would be the pink 8800 is it, or the Pro 5.

The trouble is, I'm reading a dozen bad reviews for each, then a dozen great reviews for each, so who or what do you listen to?
Wouldn't be buying from QVC/IW so can't take advantage of the 90 day MBG, as I am looking at a cost of £50 for the No No, and QVC want in excess of £170 for the same model.
I just thought you ladies and gents are all 'regulars' and I sort of feel I know you, and I know i can trust you are REAL people, the winternet is a funny old place nowadays and you can never know which reviews are 'bought' and which are genuine, but I know all of you on here are genuine.

So, any help or words you can give me, good, bad or ugly, all appreciated very very much.

I'm off to melt a bit more I think, thanks again lovely lovelies :)

no no takes a lot of dedication i assume. those who like it and have had good results more than likely use it as its intended to be used. but all the hair removal gadgets seem to be based on dedication. they have tiny heads like half an inch wide and you have to set aside many hours to get long term results. its no wonder people give up. but i suspect they all work. i am not hairy as such so dont really use anything other than cream for my arms and legs sometimes i get my single epilator out

I love my wet or dry epilator. I use it on wet soapy skin and its great. After a while the hair hardly grow through and the secret with an epilator is not to allow the hair to grow too long between uses and also to buy a good quality epilator. It`s quick, easy, does every body part, some have attachments for facial use too and it definitely works.

Vienna, Shopperholic, could I ask which epilators you use? Seems quite a nice alternative. Thank you for all the replies :)

Vienna, Shopperholic, could I ask which epilators you use? Seems quite a nice alternative. Thank you for all the replies :)

Yes of course, the one I'm using is the Panasonic ES-ED90-p it's the best one I've ever used, and will only use, it's so gentle that even beginners should be ok with it. It also has a foot attachment for hard skin.

I use a Philips Satin wet or dry epilator but mine is an old model, I`ve had it several years but its still working perfectly. There are more up to date Philips ones now and they have different attachments, mine is just an epilator and doesn`t have attachments for facial use or feet etc. Should it break then I`d buy a more up to date version for sure.
When I first bought it I used it on dry legs but developed small red bumps for a few hours afterwards. After that I only ever used it in the shower, the skin softens, the soap helps it glide over the skin easier and no more red bumps since then. I use it on and under my arms too and also do them in the shower. Another tip is after epilating don`t use any creams or lotions for an hour, it gives the pores time to close.

I also use an epilator although I have only used it dry so will have to try it in the shower. The more you use them the weaker the hair gets and it is hardly painful at all now.

I haven't tried the no no so I can't comment one way or t'other but I am using this and getting good results. http://www.qvcuk.com/Silkn-Glide-15...t.400733.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-400733

However, it is not a quick fix, as with the no no it takes the and effort and you have to keep at it. I'm a dark haired olive skinned baby. Where I have finer hair it has worked well and quite quickly. The results are patchy though. The "bald" patches eventually get bigger and join up.

I decided to use it on my arms. Really to test it and make sure it worked and so I could easily see results. Its very good but I could only use it once before my skin got top dark and it wouldn't work. I went back to my arms in the winter and most of the hair is gone.

Darker, thicker hair takes longer. I'd say I've been at it since July of last year. I'm now using it just once a month. It definitely works but definitely not in the timescale they give. The pluses are that even where the hair does continue to grow after the initial batch of treatments, the hair is finer and softer. The downside is that the "glide" option doesn't work on the higher setting. Well technically it does but practically it doesn't. If you "glide" then by the time it powers itself back up for another go you're halfway up your shin.

I'm happy with the results but its taken far longer than I thought. And because if having to avoid the summer months on my arms and later in the season my legs as well, it'll take me longer than it ought.

I had used epliators for years - but still had full regrowth every month, so a 2-3 years a go I invested in the Philips Lumea

I used it for 3 months (yes it was a bit time consuming making sure I covered every inch of my legs/underarms/etc) but after those 3 months, I never had to use any hair removal device , and 2-3 years on I'm still hair free - couldn't recommend it enough ! ( so a few months a go I sold it on ebay as it is now totally redundant)

- I am aware that this might not work on every on , typically you need to have fairly dark hair and light coloured skin, but I started using it on my return from a couple of weeks of holiday, so my skin was well tanned, and it still worked great on me.

(did try the no no, but like everyone else I found it to be a waste of time - and it left my legs stubbly inbetween sessions so not a good look)

Wish I had found the Philips Lumea years a go - cant recommend it enough

I got a No No about 3 years ago.

Used it consistently for months, on my forearms. It definitely made a difference, and I was (after about 3 months) starting to see the hairs were lighter, finer and little bald patches appearing.

But at that point I had some disruption - changed job, got a dog, etc. and all my routines went to pot.
Never got back into using it.

3 years on, my forearm hair is still lighter and finer, but all the bald patches have filled in.

If I went back to it, the progress would continue.

I've been epilating my legs for about 15 years now. Growth is patchy now, but where it does grow back it is as thick and dark as ever. So it's a lovely piebald effect. :(

I bought it about a year ago but had to send it back. I didn't get to try it long enough to see if it was effective as, after a couple of uses, my skin became very sore and tender. I stopped using it for a few weeks and then tried again on the lowest setting and only going over the same area once, but soon my skin was very sore again. I do not have very sensitive skin, I think it just didn't agree with me at all so it went back. My mum tried it too but she sent it back as the heads needed changed after every few uses (I didn't find this to be the case but she has darker hair so it tends toward be more coarse) so it worked out to be too expensive to keep using for her. It may be amazing as a hair remover, it just didn't suit me at all.

I haven't tried the no no so I can't comment one way or t'other but I am using this and getting good results. http://www.qvcuk.com/Silkn-Glide-15...t.400733.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-400733

However, it is not a quick fix, as with the no no it takes the and effort and you have to keep at it. I'm a dark haired olive skinned baby. Where I have finer hair it has worked well and quite quickly. The results are patchy though. The "bald" patches eventually get bigger and join up.

I decided to use it on my arms. Really to test it and make sure it worked and so I could easily see results. Its very good but I could only use it once before my skin got top dark and it wouldn't work. I went back to my arms in the winter and most of the hair is gone.

Darker, thicker hair takes longer. I'd say I've been at it since July of last year. I'm now using it just once a month. It definitely works but definitely not in the timescale they give. The pluses are that even where the hair does continue to grow after the initial batch of treatments, the hair is finer and softer. The downside is that the "glide" option doesn't work on the higher setting. Well technically it does but practically it doesn't. If you "glide" then by the time it powers itself back up for another go you're halfway up your shin.

I'm happy with the results but its taken far longer than I thought. And because if having to avoid the summer months on my arms and later in the season my legs as well, it'll take me longer than it ought.

Oh, Tinkerbelle!:mysmilie_507: I am glad that you don't use this

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.M46810.html :mysmilie_510:

M46810Sun Joe Electric Multi-Angle Telescopic Pole Chainsaw
m46810.001

That is what I got when I clicked on the link you posted! :mysmilie_17:

Actually I also have the silkn-Glide, a TSV from the Q. I have a few dark hairs by my ear that I have been tweezing but I know that it was not the best way to get rid of hairs so I thought I will give this a try, especially with 90 Money back , but I only tried it 3-4 times and not having your commitment , it was put away and it was too late to send it back :sad: Reading your post, I am motivated to persevere once again .
I did not find the instructions very clear.:dull:

I was unimpressed with the Nono! But I bought the Elos Iluminage Touch when it was a recent TSV and I think it is ****** marvellous! I have been using it weekly for about 4 weeks now, and it is definitely working. Chin hairs disappeared after one week and so far have not returned.

****** hell Caretodiffer that's a drastic solution you thought I was offering lol

I would definitely say give it a go. From memory it was every two weeks for four times then onto once a month. But what I do now is my arms one week, the next my lower legs, the next my bikini line and then go round again do I'm really doing each area once every three weeks. Although sometimes I miss a week. I just find it easier to do one small area and have done with it.

Thanks for starting this thread it's answered a few queries I also had. I too was wondering about the ol' no! no!
I had heard only bad reviews of it but somehow it seems to sell in huge volumes so I was worried I was missing out on the hair-removal secret of the century ;)
I am very limited in my options for various reasons of health, hair colour and so forth! I have only ever either waxed or more recently epilated my under arms. As such they hardly grow back nowadays. However when I do epilate them - and my legs, which is all I do to them too now - I battle ingrown hairs! :( It's a right pain and not found a way to avoid them...

I have mid blonde hair and pale skin so can't have anything laser related, too ill to manage anything too involved and unwilling to go back to shaving... What's a girl to do?!

Hey Loupy Loo, one tip I can offer you is using Veet hair minimising body moisturiser, you can get it in a sensitive version too. Sadly they stopped doing it :( as it really slowed down my hair growth, but I got 4 bottles from Ebay, and although it is just past the best before date it is still working a treat! The reason I am after longer term is for underarms and face, and I realised now I'm having to SPF 50 every day that I'm not putting the Veet on as much.

Thank you all so much for the advice and help, I think I will bite the bullet and try a wet and dry epilator. As a bonus, one of you ladies said you used a panasonic one which I googled, and its very pretty too!

keep the advice coming if I may ask, for the lovely Loopy :)

There is one thing that you can get for your face that works. Its called Vaniqa. You have to get it on prescription but it works like nothing else. It doesn't get rid of the hair but it slows it to almost a dead stop. It is worth every penny of the prescription price. I used to use it before I had professional laser therapy. It does tingle a bit to start with and you can't just slap your moisturiser right on top so it needs slotting in to your routine. Hand on heart though it works better than anything other than full on laser. You can't get it for the body.

Thanks for starting this thread it's answered a few queries I also had. I too was wondering about the ol' no! no!
I had heard only bad reviews of it but somehow it seems to sell in huge volumes so I was worried I was missing out on the hair-removal secret of the century ;)
I am very limited in my options for various reasons of health, hair colour and so forth! I have only ever either waxed or more recently epilated my under arms. As such they hardly grow back nowadays. However when I do epilate them - and my legs, which is all I do to them too now - I battle ingrown hairs! :( It's a right pain and not found a way to avoid them...

I have mid blonde hair and pale skin so can't have anything laser related, too ill to manage anything too involved and unwilling to go back to shaving... What's a girl to do?!

I think this company must have a massive publicity budget, because it clearly doesn't sell by word of mouth. They blitz advertising in magazines and newspapers constantly, so they clearly get sales by this method. Tends to make me suspicious straight away - walk in baths, faux diamond rings and stair lifts are the same, but I don't buy one of those !!

Hey Loupy Loo, one tip I can offer you is using Veet hair minimising body moisturiser, you can get it in a sensitive version too. Sadly they stopped doing it :( as it really slowed down my hair growth, but I got 4 bottles from Ebay, and although it is just past the best before date it is still working a treat! The reason I am after longer term is for underarms and face, and I realised now I'm having to SPF 50 every day that I'm not putting the Veet on as much.

Thank you all so much for the advice and help, I think I will bite the bullet and try a wet and dry epilator. As a bonus, one of you ladies said you used a panasonic one which I googled, and its very pretty too!

keep the advice coming if I may ask, for the lovely Loopy :)

Ahh thanks for the tip the hair minimising lotion never come across that - great concept may see if any left on eBay!
And thanks for encouraging more responses for me :)

I have a Phillips epilator - but it's an old model now and their newer models are rubbish! Braun are the best selling brand and pretty good. Panasonic may be good but v pricey!

Still battling ingrown hairs from mine tho! :( TMI!!

Latest posts

Back