No No, yes, or No? :) Hair removal help needed.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't buy those electrical sanding discs :mysmilie_13: it is so easy to be overzealous and cause really bad irritation for days. Results are rubbish unless you have baby fine hair.

Waxing never reduced my growth or strength of the hairs.

The upside of the menopause for me is my body hair has practically stopped growing.

In-growing hairs, exfoliate and moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!

Don't buy those electrical sanding discs :mysmilie_13: it is so easy to be overzealous and cause really bad irritation for days. Results are rubbish unless you have baby fine hair.

The upside of the menopause for me is my body hair has practically stopped growing.

I do exfoliate like mad before and after. And moisturise. Think part of the problem is I have circulation problems due to illness which doesn't help am sure. I also have fine hair so think maybe they're not strong enough to push through!!

At least there's one upside to the menopause though hoping I'm not due that for 15 years ;)

I bought those sanding discs although they were manual not electrical but omg I went a bit mad and ended up with raw legs which then got infected! Nasty and so painful especially when I stupidly decided to put an SBC aloe Vera gel thinking it would soothe (as they're always claiming) but was like pouring acid on my skin - ow! That put me off SBC for life and made me realise it really is just alcohol and gloop! (IMHO!)

Does this product actually remove hair permanently ? or is it just reduced growth ? I can never quite grasp what it claims. Because once you've blitzed the hair for good with a once over from No No and you are permanently hair free, I would have thought it would be another redundant item in the cupboard. If its an ongoing and regular usage, then I'll stick with Veet

Does this product actually remove hair permanently ? or is it just reduced growth ? I can never quite grasp what it claims. Because once you've blitzed the hair for good with a once over from No No and you are permanently hair free, I would have thought it would be another redundant item in the cupboard. If its an ongoing and regular usage, then I'll stick with Veet

With these sorts of devices they are careful to say permanent hair reduction. They are always at pains to point out that results vary, but then highlight the stories of permanent hair removal. I think with most hair removal techniques you can reduce the hair growth to practically nothing if you keep doing it consistently over a long-enough period. It seems to me that what the devices are doing is helping to do it more quickly, and to reach the areas you might struggle to do on a regular basis (unless you are a contortionist). Because of the different hair growing cycles in different areas on the body, you will get quick results in some places and not in others. If you have a particular area you want to zap, it's probably worth researching on line what the average length of the growth cycle would be. The reason why everyone involved in depilation/epilation is a bit vague about when you'll see results is because each hair on your body is on it's own phase of the growth cycle, which is why you have to keep doing the zapping so often, particularly in the early stages, because you're trying to get each hair in it's growth phase.

So in theory, after a period of time (weeks, months or years - purely down to the individual) you wouldn't still need the device.

True but facial hair seems to grow more, does for me anyway especially on the chin.

I must be lucky as I'm not particularly 'hairy', only under the armpits. I have a toplip wax once a month, and my leg hair is so sparse it gets removed about once every 8 weeks.

There is one thing that you can get for your face that works. Its called Vaniqa. You have to get it on prescription but it works like nothing else. It doesn't get rid of the hair but it slows it to almost a dead stop. It is worth every penny of the prescription price. I used to use it before I had professional laser therapy. It does tingle a bit to start with and you can't just slap your moisturiser right on top so it needs slotting in to your routine. Hand on heart though it works better than anything other than full on laser. You can't get it for the body.

Sadly, Vaniqua only works on about 60% of people (I'm one of the unlucky 40%)

You have to use it for about 3 months, i think, before you can be certain whether it is working or not, but it it hasn't worked by then, it won't. Something about the reason you have the hair in the first place (there are different reasons for different people). It can also have a drying effect on the skin - i liked that bit!

Latest posts

Back