Northern Nights Birthday Price Duvet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Londoners

Registered Shopper
I don't know if anyone else here bought this duvet today, I was pleased with the price of £75 for a double, however during the presentation and also on the web video clip, the NN rep clearly said it is 'just filled with down' she went to say 100% but stopped herself - then when the 'down jar' came out, she and Pippa went on about how there were no feathers in the duvet (Pippa even scrunched it up and said how there were clearly no quills in this duvet!) - when I later had access to the internet, I noticed the description said 'at least 75% down' - not the same at all - I've called customer services who said they will get someone to call me back within 72 hours to clarify, anbd I'll update this thread, but thought others may want to be aware of this, if it turns out that the duvet is 75% down I'll return it (at QVC's expense) and take this further - however, I'm hoping the prsentation was honest - was looking forward to snuggling into it! I think it's called the NN Superloft Baffle Box Down Duvet or something very similar, here's the link:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.827997/walk.yah.UKHG-U077

Will be interesting to hear what they say as I'm sure Suzi has said in the past that NN only ever use down in their duvets.

Will be interesting to hear what they say as I'm sure Suzi has said in the past that NN only ever use down in their duvets.

I'll report back - may be a few days though as they said they would reply within 72 hours, so I'll have to be patient for the time being... if anyone watches the clip they will hear right at the beginning, after a couple of moments, the nn presenter (sorry I can't remember her name) clearly starts to say something about 100% and stops herself, which is interesting - she wasn't the regular NN lady who is far too slick to drop herself in it imho.

i dont think by law anyone is allowed to say 100% down any more in case a feather pops in the duvet accidently.you do get what you pay for in life. with northern nights they dont believe in tog ratings either which has always made me suspicious as the duvets dont look like they contain much filling at all. i would rather go on the high street in the sales and look around for a better product with more down filling and avoid northern nights cheap flimsy sheets that crease like chopped spinach. the only thing i agree with northern nights with is that all thier products are better than sleeping in cheap polyester filled stuff so from that angle its a better product. but if you go shopping in the good department stores you will be able to compare a product by at least reading the label before you buy.

Hi I bought a NN down filled warmth without weight duvet the first time I got under it thought this was not keep me warm as its so thin and light weight but beleive me it did it has not let me down bought it in jan this year so gone through the cold months and the hot months and its great. Would buy it again. Mine is filled with 100% down and is machine washable so that suits me.

I have one of those too susie and totally agree we've had ours for about 18 months now and was really surprised it kept us warm and snug

i dont think by law anyone is allowed to say 100% down any more in case a feather pops in the duvet accidently.you do get what you pay for in life. with northern nights they dont believe in tog ratings either which has always made me suspicious as the duvets dont look like they contain much filling at all. i would rather go on the high street in the sales and look around for a better product with more down filling and avoid northern nights cheap flimsy sheets that crease like chopped spinach. the only thing i agree with northern nights with is that all thier products are better than sleeping in cheap polyester filled stuff so from that angle its a better product. but if you go shopping in the good department stores you will be able to compare a product by at least reading the label before you buy.

I was buying from NN because I like their bedding and with my feather bed and flannel sheets feel as if I am sleeping in a cloud. I also have a wonderful light as a feather (if you'll excuse the pun) down filled coat from Lands End (now there's a company who could teach QVC a thing or two about Customer Service) that is incredibly warm despite its weight. I wouldn't have a problem with feather/down mix if that's what something is sold as, but I don't see why if it's not all down, it should be sold as such. I have made department store comparisons and I don't think this could be considered a 'cheap' purchase particularly, at its regular price, the birthday reduction is what made it more reasonable. I also don't think, if it should be the case that the presenter has given incorrect information, that it should just be left - my father had a similar issue with Michelin and didn't let the matter rest - they were formally rebuked and the story was published in The Times - not that I want my name in the press, but if we just let QVC get away with this,it makes a mockery of legislation meant to protect shoppers (that's assuming the information on the website is correct - I still hope it's wrong!!)

That says it all! However if necessary I guess they would have to produce the 'replay' for the ASA which is where I guess I'll have to take this if necessary - they haven't got back to me yet though!

Just spoke to CS who said they have not yet started to do anything about my call, but then contradicted themselves by saying that they may have taken down the video clip to look into it - this suggests to me that they do, as we have suspected, monitor these boards!

We had a featherbed from NN it was spiky and heavy never again.It looks like you have caught them misrepresenting here.Wonder if you will get an honest answer or a load of twaddle ?

I love my down duvet - very light and very warm. No feathers in sight!

fingers crossed then - I really just want what I thought I paid for, a lovely light down duvet, and not the aggravation of having to go to ASA etc - will report back when I hear.....

fingers crossed then - I really just want what I thought I paid for, a lovely light down duvet, and not the aggravation of having to go to ASA etc - will report back when I hear.....

Have just been reading this thread with interest as I ordered this duvet on Sunday as I saw it advertised as a hot-pick. I took advantage of my 3 easy pay voucher and am still awaiting delivery.

Suzi has mentioned this several times on NN presentations.....the duvets are filled with all down-no feathers but they are not allowed to say 100% down. The max percentage allowed is 75% to allow for the fact that the little clusters used are not 100% down, ie there are the little bits that are attached to the breast of the goose.

That's interesting Durou, strange that from what I remember this is the only duvet that gives the 75% description in the write up - also my lovely down coat is 80% down/20% feather which seems to be pretty standard, so they are still not quite the high quality they claim - however, I am curious to hear from CS and think that if they give the same explanation then it was very wrong of the presenters (yes, even Pippa) not to make this clear in the presentation - there is a vast difference between 100% which is the impression given and 75% after all!

Still heard nothing from them - as I was told 72 hours (in working days) I shall expect a response by Monday - in the meantime they video clip has not been reinstated and they have posted my duvet!

I've had a response from CS, it's good and bad really - the good is that the duvet is filled only with down, not feathers, as Durou rightly said, due to legislation, they can't claim 100% down and apparently they can only say 75% - unfortunately the cs rep said that's 'because of all the dust particles' - which I thought NN claim to eliminate by their multiple washing process! Because the message had been left on my account as I wasn't here when the person called, there was no point asking the cs rep to ellaborate, as she clearly knew nothing about the product. The duvet is on it's way - if it does the job and keeps us warm, then I shall keep it, if not it will have to go back...

Mine arrived today and it is lovely and soft. Ive had a good check and I cannot feel any quills/feathers but it does say on the label 75% down. Will update how it is on the bed after a couple of days. Will try it tomorrow after its airing.

Hope you get a great snuggly night's sleep Anni, will be interested to hear how you get on - ours hasn't arrived yet. Will also be interesting to see how its presented next time on air!

Latest posts

Back