Northern Nights Pillows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
Has anyone actually washed NN pillows and what was the result please?? I have a pair of SLUMBER CORE EUROFEATHER & DOWN PILLOWS which they used to sell in the queen size (20"x30") and I wanted to replace them with a new set but Q don't seem to do this size anymore, just the standard size. So I was thinking about washing mine but I've never bothered to wash pillows before I've always just bought new ones so am a bit wary of doing so. Any experiences you can share please??

P.S. Yes I know Q banned me for being a bad person who actually used their mbg as per the presenters' spiel but on the rare occasion I want to buy something I just give the money to my friend and she gets it for me, so up yours Q!! :devil:

Has anyone actually washed NN pillows and what was the result please?? I have a pair of SLUMBER CORE EUROFEATHER & DOWN PILLOWS which they used to sell in the queen size (20"x30") and I wanted to replace them with a new set but Q don't seem to do this size anymore, just the standard size. So I was thinking about washing mine but I've never bothered to wash pillows before I've always just bought new ones so am a bit wary of doing so. Any experiences you can share please??

P.S. Yes I know Q banned me for being a bad person who actually used their mbg as per the presenters' spiel but on the rare occasion I want to buy something I just give the money to my friend and she gets it for me, so up yours Q!! :devil:

Sorry Sue, haven't ever used/ washed feather pillows. I've only washed the polyester type and it was a disaster- had to throw them out! Any progress with your ASA complaint?

P.S. Yes I know Q banned me for being a bad person who actually used their mbg as per the presenters' spiel but on the rare occasion I want to buy something I just give the money to my friend and she gets it for me, so up yours Q!! :devil:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Wow they actually banned you? Seems to be a common thing to do. Lack of intelligence on their part Sue.

I've washed polyester pillows too and wasn't happy with the result because the fabric ended up with watermark stains. I dried them on the line outside in the summer. I think I may have got a better result if I had tumble dried them. They were still usable I just didn't like the stain.

I have washed my NN feather pillows and they were fine......dont think I would have done it without a tumble dryer though

There are washing instructions on the label but I'm not sure I trust them. Oh well I'll put up with them for now and look at M&S website instead. Better value and better quality than Q anyway.

Hi, I have washed NN pillows many times over the years and also had them dry cleaned and they always come back like new!

I've washed my down feather pillows, too, and they were fine. You are meant to tumble dry them to improve the "loft" but like you, Sue, I don't have a dryer. I dried mine outside on a day that I was home and just kept giving them a good shake every now and then to stop the contents clumping together.

Do you have a launderette nearby? My DD had a feather padded sports jacket that was too big for washing machine so a trip to launderette to use bigger machine plus dryer to separate the feathers was fab. Agree with the shaking even if you do tumble dry to stop balls of feathers clumping in corners.

I have washed my feather pillows several times but stopped after one fell apart in the washing machine filling it up with millions of feathers which I just couldn't get out so had to call out a "man" to do the job. Luckily it wasn't to expensive but apparently along with the wires from bras feathers from pillows are well known for killing washing machines. So now I take them to the Dry Cleaners once a year along with my NN duvet. It may cost a bit but it has saved my washing machine from further visits from the "man".

Thanks for all your comments/suggestions. :up: I've decided against trying to wash them and tbh I can't be ar$ed to take them for dry cleaning so I've ordered two of these from M&S which are the exact size I want but if they're not suitable I can return them without any threats of closing my account.... :rolleyes:

I sometimes put my pillows in tumble dryer for half hour or so just to plump them up.

Latest posts

Back