Nostalgia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The lovely jewellery brands - they were expensive but quality.
Hagit Gorili, Kimberly Selwwod, Tasco, Honora (the better stuff), Misha by Design, to name but a few.

I’ve managed to get some on eBay but some are still on Q Us so it is obviously the UK end which is the problem.

Before everything was branded the jewellery hours contained some quality items. I agree with LATI about the original Honora & Kimberley Selwood, I loved Liquifix from Michael diCesare, Tiffany Style lighting & never forgetting Birkenstocks!

South Western Silver, Black Hills Gold, Kirks Folly (Jenniefer Kirk was mad as a box of frogs but entertaining, wasn't keen on the jewellery though)
Dawn Bibby crafts, Plaid craft (can't remember the BA's name but she bought a huge variety of craft kits) Donna Dewberry One Stroke Painting.
Anyone remember the hand crafted patchwork quilts?

I never bought a lot of jewellery from Q but the pieces I did buy in the early days are still going strong and I still love them. I have a delightful pair of multigem solid gold dangle earrings which I always get lovely comments when wearing them and another pair of cognac diamond earrings which are shaped like a flower plus a green amethyst ring which is a large well cut stone and a hefty solid gold setting plus one or two other items.

Those ugly look as though they were made in East Germany in the 1960s vacuum cleaners they used to sell. Mum bought two and sent both back because they were no better than her Hoover. Don't want to see them back.

I got a Butler & Wilson piece to wear when I went away at Christmas.They were a world away from the cutesy multi coloured pins or the watered down necklaces
but still highly priced pieces they are showing at the moment.Now you can pick up similar designs for a lot less.Simon probably picks his range up from the same warehouse in China.

Those ugly look as though they were made in East Germany in the 1960s vacuum cleaners they used to sell. Mum bought two and sent both back because they were no better than her Hoover. Don't want to see them back.

ohh you mean oreck they were very popular & i know more people were happier with them than most of the makes on the market

Dreamkeeper with all the beaded fringing. My lovely dear departed Mum loved her Indigo Moon jackets - and who remember the jackets with the matching t shirt ? I wasn't fussed about all the embellishments but I kept a beautiful one for years, it was a dark tapestry with a small frilled velvet trim and ribbon ties.

I got a Butler & Wilson piece to wear when I went away at Christmas.They were a world away from the cutesy multi coloured pins or the watered down necklaces
but still highly priced pieces they are showing at the moment.Now you can pick up similar designs for a lot less.Simon probably picks his range up from the same warehouse in China.

The other week a columnist was moaning at how the cosmetics industry was treating grown women like little girls and teens with their 'babyfying' packaging, and wondered why ? Its the same with B & W pins of chicks and rabbits and charging a fortune for them. Kids wont wear them so why imagine a 40 year old woman will ?

Butler and Wilson used to do some beautiful pieces. Over 20 years ago I bought my daughter a beautiful necklace which she wore to her first May Ball at university. She still has it and no doubt her daughters will wear it some day. Nothing that Butler and Wilson offers now compares.

Butler and Wilson used to do some beautiful pieces. Over 20 years ago I bought my daughter a beautiful necklace which she wore to her first May Ball at university. She still has it and no doubt her daughters will wear it some day. Nothing that Butler and Wilson offers now compares.
Yes exactly Evie they were pieces that stood the test of time, now are more multi coloured glitter and do not look the quality in either design or make.

Honora, Hagit and Or-Paz and a couple of other brands, would buy quite a bit, in the sale, mostly pick up stuff now on eBay, Or - Paz direct, still miss this shows.

QVC has sold some beautiful jewellery designers over the years and I have been fortunate to buy into their ranges. Some have gone on to become very successful. They are: Alex Monroe, Dower & Hall, Melissa McArthur, Michael Dawkins plus one other I can't remember but I still have a set of four gold hammered bangles each set with four different semi precious gemstones with a matching set of four rings. These are still in pristine condition after many years.

I recently bought a pendant from Dower and Hall own website and its lovely. They currently have 25% discount on their website and I think their handmade Christmas tree decorations look lovely, they do them every year but confess I haven`t bought any because our cat looks upon a Christmas tree as being her own adventure playground.

Latest posts

Back