Not presenting

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21102

Guest Shopper
I'm looking for a couple of sun loungers and QVC has some on advanced order, so I watched the presentation sales pitch with one presenter (Chloe, I think), the garden guy and a brand ambassador who for a few minutes just sat on the chairs talking about them. No, I tell a lie - at one point the BA actually did get up, walk round to the back of the chair and show how the sun shield worked - not the rest of it, just the sun shield on top which you can move backwards and forwards. Big deal. (And which has come in for some criticism in reviews for not shielding the face from the sun, hence probably the gesture). Now that was helpful - not - moving it just because it can, but at least it was a token effort at demonstration. The rest of the time these three (yes, three - it's worth repeating) highly paid sales people simply lounged around chatting about how comfortable it is, how you could fit 3 custard creams into one slot, (that was the garden guy) yadda, yadda, yadda. Nobody showed how to assemble it, how to pack it away, what it weighs - zilch. Zero. Another demo I watched earlier was just the same. Wbat I suspect will happen is that this model will soon be replaced by one that doesn't have the sun shield issue, which is why it's reduced, so minimal effort though not minimal expense, went into presentation and people on advanced orders may find that oddly enough, their orders can't be fulfulled.

Why are these people (3 of them in this case) wasting customers' money and not doing what they're supposed to - present the product and show how it works? It's not rocket science that that's what their job is. Why does it take three of them to do nothing except lounge around? Haven't they got a remit to, well, present the product?

I'm looking for a couple of sun loungers and QVC has some on advanced order, so I watched the presentation sales pitch with one presenter (Chloe, I think), the garden guy and a brand ambassador who for a few minutes just sat on the chairs talking about them. No, I tell a lie - at one point the BA actually did get up, walk round to the back of the chair and show how the sun shield worked - not the rest of it, just the sun shield on top which you can move backwards and forwards. Big deal. (And which has come in for some criticism in reviews for not shielding the face from the sun, hence probably the gesture). Now that was helpful - not - moving it just because it can, but at least it was a token effort at demonstration. The rest of the time these three (yes, three - it's worth repeating) highly paid sales people simply lounged around chatting about how comfortable it is, how you could fit 3 custard creams into one slot, yadda, yadda, yadda. Nobody showed how to assemble it, how to pack it away, what it weighs - zilch. Zero. Another demo I watched earlier was just the same. Wbat I suspect will happen is that this model will soon be replaced by one that doesn't have the sun shield issue, which is why it's reduced, so minimal effort though not minimal expense, went into presentation and people on advanced orders may find that oddly enough, their orders can't be fulfulled.

Why are these people (3 of them in this case) wasting customers' money and not doing what they're supposed to - present the product and show how it works? It's not rocket science that that's what their job is. Why does it take three of them to do nothing except, well, lounge around? Haven't they got a remit to, well, present the product?
Now it is QVC and demonstrating doesn't seem to be a priority.

Nabbing freebies, preening and reading out messages about how wonderful they are takes precedence.

I'm looking for a couple of sun loungers and QVC has some on advanced order, so I watched the presentation sales pitch with one presenter (Chloe, I think), the garden guy and a brand ambassador who for a few minutes just sat on the chairs talking about them. No, I tell a lie - at one point the BA actually did get up, walk round to the back of the chair and show how the sun shield worked - not the rest of it, just the sun shield on top which you can move backwards and forwards. Big deal. (And which has come in for some criticism in reviews for not shielding the face from the sun, hence probably the gesture). Now that was helpful - not - moving it just because it can, but at least it was a token effort at demonstration. The rest of the time these three (yes, three - it's worth repeating) highly paid sales people simply lounged around chatting about how comfortable it is, how you could fit 3 custard creams into one slot, (that was the garden guy) yadda, yadda, yadda. Nobody showed how to assemble it, how to pack it away, what it weighs - zilch. Zero. Another demo I watched earlier was just the same. Wbat I suspect will happen is that this model will soon be replaced by one that doesn't have the sun shield issue, which is why it's reduced, so minimal effort though not minimal expense, went into presentation and people on advanced orders may find that oddly enough, their orders can't be fulfulled.

Why are these people (3 of them in this case) wasting customers' money and not doing what they're supposed to - present the product and show how it works? It's not rocket science that that's what their job is. Why does it take three of them to do nothing except lounge around? Haven't they got a remit to, well, present the product?
They are useless. Please copy this & send it to the Q.

We recently bought the Malibu sun lounger recliners from Argos, £60. So comfortable and weigh 7.3kg. No sun shield but we weren’t looking for that. I’ve watched too many presentations where they don’t give essential information and chatter instead about colours and where things can be used or worn. Thank you QVC, I can’t figure out those things myself.

inane chat from inane airheads and as you say it takes 3 of them. Wouldn’t you think that at least one of them would have a bit of sense. However these are the sort of dopes who admit to not knowing that flamingoes and reindeers were real (not fictional) unti they were working adults!

I always had a chair lounger, but you cant turn over and get the sun on your back. Normal flat loungers were always too low to the ground - so I was like a beached whale trying to get up from it. Then I discovered this one from Scotts of Stow, (yes its not cheap) and its perfect ! One happy bunny every summer now !

I've bought one of the QVC loungers, arriving in a couple of weeks I think. I tried to buy one last year and there were none to be had in the whole of the UK. More than I wanted to pay to be honest but I want one and hopefully I've got one now.

I had the same reaction when the computer guru/expert was on. I have forgotten his name. However the host asked him a dumb question about a laptop he was selling. I really wanted to know the answer, but I suppose the question was too dumb for him, so he continued blustering a mile a minute about what he wanted to say. So annoying.

I had the same reaction when the computer guru/expert was on. I have forgotten his name. However the host asked him a dumb question about a laptop he was selling. I really wanted to know the answer, but I suppose the question was too dumb for him, so he continued blustering a mile a minute about what he wanted to say. So annoying.
Probably Lee Hohbein, the only thing he is expert at is meaningless waffling.

Latest posts

Back