Now we know.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When was the last time you told all and sundry any of the following

Your sexual preferences (we might all be swingers for all I know)
The fact that you are Christian/Buddhist/Jewish/Catholic
The fact you voted Tory/Labour/Green
The fact you are Vegan/Pescatarian/Carnivore

Be what you want to be but dont make it your headline statement and the only bliddy thing you can talk about.

We don’t bliddy care!
I think it comes from this mindset that it's all about Me Me Me. Most of us would just think 'well, who would actually even be interested in the fact that I'm a lesbian or the like'.

Nothing is private any longer.

The granddaughter of a friend of mine has gone from female to male - and still only just passed 20. She's had all the usual hormonal treatment and had breast reduction, BUT (and this is where it all goes pear shaped for me) draws the line at sorting out those bits that determine gender between the legs ! So, she's identifying as 'male', but is clearly still 'female' - its reached the point of absurdity.

Next time around - regardless of gender, I'm going to identify as a female Border Terrier :)
It's a complicated, painful procedure, and she might be scared. At only 20, she can make the decision when she's older. The human brain is hardly fully developed at 20 years of age.

According to my daily paper, "an LGBT charity" is wanting the word 'mother' to be replaced with ...... "parent who has given birth". I wonder how many presenter Mums sporting a badge, refers to themselves as - parent who has given birth ?

Sorry, but these minority trusts/organisations/charities are doggedly dictating to the wider workplaces how they should behave and anything less is 'unacceptable' - all in the name of prejudice and diversity. Its all getting out of hand and beyond a joke.
Sort of on this subject, can someone explain to me: does a gay (male) husband have a husband, and does a lesbian wife have a wife (presuming these couples are married) ? I've heard men on QVC refer to their 'husbands,' but never to their 'wives.' Does QVC's Chloe have a wife or a husband ?

Sort of on this subject, can someone explain to me: does a gay (male) husband have a husband, and does a lesbian wife have a wife (presuming these couples are married) ? I've heard men on QVC refer to their 'husbands,' but never to their 'wives.' Does QVC's Chloe have a wife or a husband ?
A gay man has a husband & a gay woman has a wife, presumably this is because those definitions have always been determined by gender. However, now that some want the the parent who has given birth to lose the title mother who knows what will happen.

According to my daily paper, "an LGBT charity" is wanting the word 'mother' to be replaced with ...... "parent who has given birth". I wonder how many presenter Mums sporting a badge, refers to themselves as - parent who has given birth ?

Sorry, but these minority trusts/organisations/charities are doggedly dictating to the wider workplaces how they should behave and anything less is 'unacceptable' - all in the name of prejudice and diversity. Its all getting out of hand and beyond a joke.
Cards printed with 'Happy Parent who Has Given Birth Day' will look ridiculous.

You are right LATI, no one cares, let people who want to be different BE different. Just do it, go on with your lives and be happy. You don't need to appear on the BBC breakfast to share your story, you don't need to wear a badge or shave your head or wear Y fronts instead of lacy pants. Just do your thing.

Right, back to the Glenlivet 🥃🥃

CC - actually it's Grouse. That cheapskating Mr CC . . .

I've discovered Tullibardine 225 ! its Sauternes cask finish, so very light in colour and doesn't 'burn' the back of the throat ; and I know NOTHING about whisky 😂 but goes down very well.

I've discovered Tullibardine 225 ! its Sauternes cask finish, so very light in colour and doesn't 'burn' the back of the throat ; and I know NOTHING about whisky 😂 but goes down very well.
when I was about 5,Uncle was drinking whiskey at Xmas. The glass was 3 fingers full. 'what ar e you drinking?'
'apple juice' he replied, 'want to try'? All those salty nuts made me thirsty, so I did.

Not has whiskey since. Burns the pipes.

In light of the recent badge wearing support for LGBGTQ I decided to write the following...........

"Its clear that QVC are taking up arms in support of organisation and Trusts, (the badges the presenters have taken to wearing), I wonder if they would be interested in publicising and supporting the following worthwhile charities....... Retired Greyhound Trust, Cats Protection League, Adopt a Sea Turtle, World Parrott Trust, or perhaps Sponsor a Puppy or Guide Dogs for the Blind, as I'm sure they cannot be seen to favour one charitable organisation against others".

HERE IS THE REPLY.........

" Thank you for contacting QVC.
I just wanted to let you know that many of our presenters personally buy and choose to wear badges for various causes and charities. This is not us favouring any one charity over another.

As June is Pride Month, you may see an increase in our presenters and guests wearing badges that support the cause.

We as QVC do support various charities that are local to us and/or are nominated by our staff.

You have suggested some wonderful charities and you are more than welcome to write into us to put these forward for consideration in our charity nominations. You can write in to the below address.

QVC
Liverpool
L70 2QA

I hope this information helps.

If we can help with anything else, please get back in touch ......"

😂 😂 😂 Apparently I have suggested some wonderful charities, and should put them forward for consideration ...... SO WHAT THE HELL HAVE I JUST DONE THEN ??????
I can imagine them designing and making some 'turtle jewellery', following a 'suggestion' from a QVC customer that we are 'diverse in our inclusivity' and are now 'proud to support' the 'adopt a sea-turtle' charity, for more information.....!

Turtle sterling silver pendant and matching earrings in the link.
I like the pendant ... cost around 40 pounds. No info on whether they donate to the 'save the sea turtles' charity !!

The only animal charity that gets any of my money is Guide Dogs for the Blind, because I can't think of anything worse than losing my sight. Having worked with children all my life, it still amazes me that animal charities get larger bequests than charities which help sick children. But that's just my point of view. I don't like cruelty to animals, don't get me wrong, but children are simply irreplaceable.

The only animal charity that gets any of my money is Guide Dogs for the Blind, because I can't think of anything worse than losing my sight. Having worked with children all my life, it still amazes me that animal charities get larger bequests than charities which help sick children. But that's just my point of view. I don't like cruelty to animals, don't get me wrong, but children are simply irreplaceable.
The following is from NPT UK &:
Medical research (25%), animal welfare (26%), hospitals and hospices (20%) and children or young people (26%) were the most popular causes to donate money to in 2018.
Religious organisations receive the largest share of donations by monetary value: 19%.

Both my gran and mother lost their eyesight and my mum used to say look after your eyes as they are irreplaceable, most other bits can be fixed or replaced or at the very least held at bay.

Back in the day her lifeline was talking books and newspapers but wether these are widely used now with Amazon audible I don’t know perhaps it is with older folk.

Therefore I support several blind charities.

I give to cancer charities and to Military charities. My Dad, my sister and my husband all died from cancer and research is vital but expensive and hospices rely very heavily on donations. It is a dreadful disease and thankfully some people DO survive and go on to lead long productive lives but sadly many still lose the battle and suffer badly especially towards the end.
My son is a serving Army Officer with 27 years service and he`s seen the toll PTSD physical injury or trauma injuries, plus mental health issues , plus addiction to alcohol, marital breakdowns, financial problems and homelessness in ex Military is rife and the likes of the British Legion, SAAFA and other Military charities struggle to cope.
I`d love to be able to give to all charities but like most people that would be impossible so I make my choices and stick to them.

Latest posts

Back