Oh dear Julia!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aching muscles and bad balance are things I'm too familiar with for my liking these days.

I started taking magnesium in a supplement and also use it topically and found a great reduction in aches and restless legs.
I use magnesium spray for cramp, restless legs and a jumpy nerve in my foot. It is brilliant. Unfortunately, I was not able to take tablets or liquid as they upset my stomach.

DOCTORS!!!!

Excuse me for shouting, but don’t Doctors in General Practice remember they have a duty of care?

I have had many reasons to have a consultation since November 2019. However, all I get is a return telephone consultation much to my anger, right up to and including last week.

What bugs me is that we are all living under the same rules, doctors and nurses in hospitals are still having tactile face to face consultations wirh patients, not forgetting that doctors are also attached to nursing homes for visits, as well as small community hospitals.

So..........why are GPs so special, I for one don’t get it😡😡😡
I've had a few hospital appointments recently and as you say if the doctors and nurses can manage face to face consultations, why can't GP's.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Don't get me started on pissing dentists. Mine will sell me a thousand things I don't need, but won't fix my broken teeth. He hasn't seen me for 18 months and my pain is "so what, can't fix it, take painkillers". No other dentist in my area will take me on - unless I go private (which I can't afford). I hope they all go bankrupt. Even the emergency dentist at the hospital won't see me, despite having been referred by my doctor (she's great and will see me). I didn't meet the emergency dentist criteria. Eh? I have pain, it's awful, I need help - nope, suffer you witch. I hate them all.

CC
Is there a dental hospital within in easy travelling distance? The worse pain I've ever known was the toothache after an idiot dentist drilled through my bridge because she thought it needed a root filling!!! This was on a Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend, I was taking Tramadol & lying on the floor watching the clock, longing for the next tablet so on the Tuesday morning I literally dragged myself into town to the dental hospital & begged for help, one man in the queue offered me a sp**ff because I was in such a state.

So agree. Another one is Dr Michael Moseley who has made a career pontificating in the D/Mail on a regular basis as an exercise guru, and I've lost count of the calorie counted meals he has put his name to as a colour supplement. I did write and complain once, that at least one reader (me) was getting heartily sick of reading about him.

My mum has been gone 30 years and she was doing the 5:2 a decade before then. She should have written a book and made a fortune from it.

I notice he name drops his GP wife every 30 seconds and has roped her into a few of his appearances.

Then there's Dr Hilary dragging his wife in on Lorraine to show us all some yoga moves.

Good money in telly appearances. Even more than a GP's pay it seems.

So agree. Another one is Dr Michael Moseley who has made a career pontificating in the D/Mail on a regular basis as an exercise guru, and I've lost count of the calorie counted meals he has put his name to as a colour supplement. I did write and complain once, that at least one reader (me) was getting heartily sick of reading about him.
He's so smug with his healthy this & healthy that & a wife who makes legume soup. Bleurgh!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Don't get me started on pissing dentists. Mine will sell me a thousand things I don't need, but won't fix my broken teeth. He hasn't seen me for 18 months and my pain is "so what, can't fix it, take painkillers". No other dentist in my area will take me on - unless I go private (which I can't afford). I hope they all go bankrupt. Even the emergency dentist at the hospital won't see me, despite having been referred by my doctor (she's great and will see me). I didn't meet the emergency dentist criteria. Eh? I have pain, it's awful, I need help - nope, suffer you witch. I hate them all.

CC

Dental pain is the absolute WORST pain. I do not for the life of me know why it isn't taken seriously. Painkillers won't touch it.

Pain like yours means there's something obviously wrong. Which can lead to an abscess - which IS serious as an infection that close to the brain can have serious implications.

Again, I do not understand why it's not taken seriously.

Try Corsodyl. I had it prescribed last summer to try to control the pain which 'may' have been caused by an infection. It did work but stained my teeth. I'm still not being seen F2F but have controlled it by using salt water, Dew, any mouthwash I can find with CPC in or Listerine Advanced Defence Gum Treatment. Dew and salt water do an initial bacterial knock-out but don't have a lasting effect. The others do.

I hope you can try these and get some relief. Honestly, dental pain terrifies me. I've never felt any pain like an abscess I had years ago and never want to again.

Is there a dental hospital within in easy travelling distance? The worse pain I've ever known was the toothache after an idiot dentist drilled through my bridge because she thought it needed a root filling!!! This was on a Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend, I was taking Tramadol & lying on the floor watching the clock, longing for the next tablet so on the Tuesday morning I literally dragged myself into town to the dental hospital & begged for help, one man in the queue offered me a sp**ff because I was in such a state.

God forbid it ever happens again but as a daily tramadol user, the best 'relief' for dental pain (in my experience with abscess) is ibuprofen.

Can I ask if you still take tramadol? I've been taking slow-release twice a day for years, managed to drop the nightly by replacing it with paracetamol but have tried twice in the last few months to drop the one in the day. And failed. Dismally. It's either an excellent painkiller for me or the side effects of trying to come off are ****** awful.

He may consume too much & one day just go 💥

On telly with a bit of luck!

I have a friend that has truly awful, smelly farts and has to wear Myshreddies underwear or get banned from polite company. If I started eating legume soup (that'll be the day!) I think I'd need them, too.

I use magnesium spray for cramp, restless legs and a jumpy nerve in my foot. It is brilliant. Unfortunately, I was not able to take tablets or liquid as they upset my stomach.

It's good stuff. The butter along with SBC arnica gel make my evenings a little easier to cope with.

God forbid it ever happens again but as a daily tramadol user, the best 'relief' for dental pain (in my experience with abscess) is ibuprofen.

Can I ask if you still take tramadol? I've been taking slow-release twice a day for years, managed to drop the nightly by replacing it with paracetamol but have tried twice in the last few months to drop the one in the day. And failed. Dismally. It's either an excellent painkiller for me or the side effects of trying to come off are ****** awful.
No, it was only while suffering from the effects of this butcher's attack & must have been 9 years ago. I'd rather give birth to a 15 pound baby than go through that again & to add insult to injury only half of the bridge could be saved & it had cost several months wages.

No, it was only while suffering from the effects of this butcher's attack & must have been 9 years ago. I'd rather give birth to a 15 pound baby than go through that again & to add insult to injury only half of the bridge could be saved & it had cost several months wages.

Paying for his ineptitude must have been painful enough but you're so right about rather giving birth to the world's biggest baby (with no pain relief) to having dental pain.

I'd bet good money that the people who deny emergency treatment to those in dental pain are people who have never suffered themselves. Then I'd pay even more to see them suffer with it. Karma - she's overworked.

Hmmm......I wonder if I could use the butter. I may give that a go along with the spray. Nothing ventured and all that.

I found the spray too oily. The butter is lovely to use compared to it. I dare say using the butter and spray together would work well. I always squirt oil in with lotion as I don't like the texture of most oils alone.

Is it the BetterYou spray you're using?

I use the Betteryou spray too. Although it is not actually an oil it does have a strange oily feel? I just spray and leave it to sort itself out on my skin…

Our emergency dental hospital is in the local hospital but they wouldn't see me let alone treat me. I didn't meet their criteria said the uppity woman who phoned me. I was so angry I wasn't listening by that time but she was banging on about mental health rather than tooth pain. I'm afraid I hung up the phone. There's nothing wrong with my mental health but my effing teeth are crumbling. It still hurts but I'm treating it with whisky and clove oil. Takes the edge off it. . . . .

If I paid the money, however, I could get the teeth that can't be fixed, fixed today. My sister has had dental appointments as normal but she pays privately (and her teeth don't look great which is I won't pay). Don't get me wrong, I DO pay but NHS prices, not private.

CC

I hope that you don't mind me butting in but I have been on slow release Tramadol plus Gabapentin for almost a year now.
I tried to cut out the morning dose but as of late I have had ato start taking it again.
At first I thought that it wasn't working but Mr Twirl said that it would probably be worse without it, sadly he was right.
Do you find that it takes the pain away? I find that it just makes it bearable most days and other days seems to do nothing at all.

I tried ibuprofen for teeth but it didn't do anything. I had some old Co-dydramol which work to a point but they make you feel horribly sick if you take more than a couple. Never tried Tramadol.

CC

Latest posts

Back